View Single Post
Old May 23 2021, 11:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker View Post
i get that part, but it's a little hypocritical of them to discourage layering/stacking, but create tools that WILL allow overlapping of almost everything, as well as tools that will harvest, plow, and/or plant layered - or 'overlapped' - fields, trees, etc.

not looking to start a war of words, just trying to figure out whether i should un-layer some farms that are currently used ONLY for crop production (haven't had any issues thus far, but the graphics are a little slow when more than one layer on a farm is planted)
Hi Supertrucker,
The more you add on a farm the more chance you have of slowdowns and possibly damaging the farm. The problem is some people carry it on too far and cause problems. Sometimes we can fix the damage, but there are times when we can't fix it. The tools were more for the working of those farms specially when you are hired to work them.

That is why we still discourage the layering, because it can cause problems. The layering was never a designed part of the game, but once it was discovered there really wasn't a way for them to stop it. The tools came later.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.