View Single Post
Old May 28 2015, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarrettHillBabe View Post
Wow I never counted up how many FC facilities there are in the game. Add to that all the FC tools heavens. TYVM for telling us how many there are because now I KNOW I'll not be buying the last 2, Dessert and Brazilian restaurants. The number of tools I have that are costly as well as the 131 out of the possible 135 FC facilities has me putting the brakes on spending more...........
FarmTown is one of the most expensive online games to play. Rewards are very tough to get which is borne out by the fact that more than 50% of one's neighbors give up and stop playing in a short period of time because they are so discouraged.

FT is also extremely time consuming. I play 2 other Fb games that require little more than about 30 minutes a day commitment and I'm leveling up every other day or two on those games. One of the games has gems for rewards and the game developers are EXTREMELY receptive to the players suggestions and problems and even compensate their players with gems when the game crashes on rare occasion.

I've had a problem on FT with one of my neighbors for more than a month and have yet to have anyone get back to be with a solution. I can receive gifts from this neighbor but she does not receive any of the gifts I send her. We have been neighbors for years and this just started recently.

I've personally struggled to level up over the past 4 months - it's very discouraging. When I calculated how many FC I needed to buy just the tools to get to the 6 X 6 level it's mind boggling. Have you tried layered fishing with a basic boat!!! The quests are the only way I can supplement the FC at level up and only about every 3rd quest is one I can complete so it's very slow getting anywhere.

It's also rather upsetting when players on the highest level with all the big tools get co-hired with a low level player and they grab everything thus effectively taking 95% of the work away from the low level player that needs the XP. This used to be such a nice social game where players helped each other, now it just seems to be see who can get the most for themselves even when they don't need the XP as they are on the highest level and own every tool in the shed.

So yes, I agree with those that posted before me that the quests are complex and the requirements make no sense at times and even less sense when one cannot voluntarily quit a 6 day quest even though they have no hope of completing it. When 3 such quests pop up in a row it pretty much wipes out the whole week.

Last edited by Scapergal; May 28 2015 at 08:51 PM.