View Single Post
Old Oct 02 2012, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onamission View Post
Gidday Kimmyann, I am not a mod, just a forum member. I had ur problem and it took me a couple of days to figure it out so here goes!

My problem was that I couldn't get far enough down the neighbours page to add my new friends. If that is ur problem too then here's what I learnt...

I had to delete non-active neighbours to make enough room down the bottom for my new friends to show up. I started with the ones who just say FaceBook user cos my understanding is that those people have de-activated their FB account, so I was safe in getting rid of them.

Then I made a note of the others who were inactive. I then considered if I wanted to keep them as friends on facebook. If I did want to keep them I left them as neighbours. But all the ones that I could live without I then unfriended in FB.

Now here's where it got weird for me... FB took overnight to make those neighs that I had unfriended disappear!

Another thing I encountered from messing about in that neighbours page (which I understand is a facebook page, not FT), is that my lappy didn't like it at all! Sometimes it would freeze or mini-freeze lots. I had to restart my lappy and sometimes that didn't help much. So I switched my lappy off overnight and that really helped.

Guess I'm saying that it was a real task to achieve adding my new neighbours but it was worth it in the end. I've ended up with more active neighbours than I've had for a long time and my neighbours page is a lot more up to date.

If any of this advice is wrong I stand to be corrected. I just thought outside the square and added 2 and 2 together. Oh, and I'm good at mixed metaphors too hehehe

Would love to know an easier way if there is one!

I don't have the problem that you speak of (yet) but I do have a lot of inactive neighbors but the only reason I don't delete is that I believe that even if they are inactive they still count as a neighbor and therefore add space in my storage. Is that correct? Did you notice that you lost storage space my deleting your inactive neighbors?