Old May 06 2012, 09:34 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhiingan View Post
Farm town was once a "game" that everyone could afford to play. Now, it appears to have become an "investment". The cost of expansions has risen again. Is it really that necessary to exclude those that cannot afford the investment for the sake of the developers making mega bucks? Seems that many are becoming discouraged and leaving this site. Maybe time to re-evaluate what the purpose really is, especially if the game all of a sudden becomes defunked. Where is our investment going then?

Just some thoughts. Hopefully someone will ponder.
After pondering what you said I have decided that The game has always been an investment. The developers have invested there time and knowledge in not there monies to making the game. With this investment in placed they then offered the game to people to play for free. The basic game is still free to play, the bells and whistles to make the playing more fun and easier are extras that cost real cash for the players to buy, even then the players do get free FC for playing the game and advancing in it. Granted not all they would like but some. There is a saying of TANSTAAFL which I find true in real life. With that said I feel that we can play with we have been given for free or decide to spend for the bells and whistles if we want them, just like we have to in real life.

Now I WANT MY DIRT PATHS TO WOEK THE OLD WAY, THE FREIGHT TRAIN TO BE FREE, AND EVERY BELL AND WHISTLE THAT IS AVAILABLE AND I WANT IT FOR free.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20