View Single Post
Old May 04 2011, 12:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivarant View Post
I took a break from FT for a while and now i'm back. it's great to see so many improvements and the tools seem awesome.

I plan to get several of the tools but my problem is this. why do you need to buy a smaller tool just to buy a larger tool? This is a waste of money. If i want a large fishing boat why do i need to buy the smaller one first? the same with the plowers. and what on earth do you do with the smaller ones after you've purchased the larger ones?

So far i have the 4x4 harvester and while i love it i DON'T love that i am unable to use it on multiple hires. Why is that? i'm guessing it's because i don't have a combine, is that the case?
You need the smaller tools for the larger ones to work. The larger are upgrades to the smaller which is why they have a lower price on the larger ones. Keep all of your tools in storage and they will work from there without having to pull them out and placing on farm.
When you are hired for multi-hire you have to use the Extended toolbox to get to your tools. That is the yellow toolbox on the far right, then click on the green arrow at the top. Select your tool from the box that jumps out.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.