View Single Post
Old Feb 27 2011, 06:27 PM
Account Not Linked

ARGHHHHH why are people so mental? I just got an angry PM from a farmer because I hired them to harvest and didn't also hire them to plow. I was sent this message:

"Please don't hire me again. I think it is rude to have people harvest and then not aske them to plow!!"

What the hell? She didn't mind doing the work, I hired her, and then hired a plower moments later. Did she leave my farm when the plower showed up? No! She was more than willing to hang around and harvest the 900 some plots of fertilized rhubarb (!) while the other person followed and plowed. If not getting hired to do both things bothers her so much, she should have left without doing the harvesting.

And why would it be my responsibility to remember her from the thousands of other users as someone I can't hire? Garrr.

I told her I was under no obligation to hire her for both things, and that I never offered both things, and that she never made a comment suggesting she wanted both things before accepting my harvest request. And this was the reply I was sent:

"I am one of the very FEW that do not beg for a job in the marketplace and I do gladly except any job offered however I find it very rude that the person DOES NOT come back to their farm to "THANK YOU" for working for them. I ALWAYS thank them for the job as soon as I get there just in case I get booted. I also think that common courtesy is to ask the person that did all the hard work harvesting for the non thankful employer if they would like to plow. Sorry for the grief just thought I should ask not to be hired again by you! Have a great night "

What an ingrate! So, I can't hire people in the marketplace and then log off to live my life? Instead I have to go back to my farm, thank them for being willing to lower themselves enough to accept the terrible imposition of my hire request, and then hang around so I can hire them to plow and, presumably, also kiss their butt for being so kind to once again work for me?

I like "thank yous" and "your welcomes"...when I am on my farm or when I am sent a PM. But this is madness. Also, usually, people thank me for hiring them, and I thank people who hire me, not the other way around. Hey "thanks for the job" kind of thing.

Sorry for the rant, but my mind melted a little after those messages.