View Single Post
Old Feb 23 2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottLanter View Post
Very true. And, people who don't like competition can always find a way to make a game non-competitive, as well. Everyone has different tastes, I suppose. If the game were not set up to be competitive, there wouldn't be coins or XP. Everyone in the game is competitive, whether they think they are or not. Some of them simply compete with themselves. I find competition with others to be more challenging and fun. Think how the World Series would be if neither team were competitive. Wouldnt' be much of a game, would it?

And, I'm really happy to have like-minded neighbors who are also competitive. We keep each other on our toes, and always have a fun goal to achieve, even as we all approach the 15,000,000 XP mark.

I can't remember one time ever being bored with Farm Town. There are so many ways to play the game, and we can all chose which path we like to take. In the end, enjoyment is the ultimate goal for each of us.
The xp is strictly a measure used to determine levels, which unlocks new things. It gives people goals to work toward and keeps the game fresh, as you cannot buy everything available in the game - some things have to be earned.

As I said before, you don't get anything by preventing another person from leveling. You don't "win" Farm Town. Just because you make it into a race doesn't mean that it is a race. This isn't the "world series" of internet farming. Nobody "wins" versus another player here. Your level 185 is the same as my level 185, although I'm sure you have a lot more xp than me.

And though you may focus on the word "race" - even if you substitute the word "competition" it doesn't change the fact that the person without tools now has to race to get a few plots before you scoop them all up. It's a race.