View Single Post
Old Oct 06 2010, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beakiebean View Post
I'm apparently a fast harvester/plower-I've had several people who've hired me comment that I'm speedy. Guess my mouse finger muscle is extra strong. A lot of times when I get hired to work on a farm with someone else I end up harvesting/plowing more than half of the farm. I don't go after specific crops or anything-just start in one corner and work my way towards the center.

Recently I've had a couple people that I've harvested with (the other harvesters-not the people who've hired me) accuse me of being rude or selfish-I assume because I did more than half.

Am I supposed to stop at the halfway point on the farm and just stand there until they're done? I was operating under the belief that we were there to get it done.

So what's the reigning FT etiquette-am I being awful?
Awful? No of course not. And I agree that everyone works till the job is done. But knowing that this upsets some people I usually only take about half of the work. Also, you never know who is on the end of the computer. It may be a young person or someone with a disability so, again, I try to just take my share.