Old Apr 04 2010, 09:29 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
...within seconds I had been sent three offers of employment. They all came hot foot on top of one another and so quickly that by the time I clicked it was on the third offer which was on the front of the pile of requests. The way the market works only allows us under these circumstances to click on the front request and gives us no way to explain to the previous two what happened and that I was not being rude.

This has happened on numerous occasions, and I always feel bad about the first two people who tried to hire me .... but there is nothing I can do to get back to them because I didn't even get a chance to see their names. So, please understand that this can easily happen and that all is not always as it seems...
Same here. When I used to go to the market, I would politely ask if I can help anyone at their farm...and within seconds I'd be hit by a flood of hires flashing on my screen, trampling one another in their frenzy to hire me before I can even blink.

I learned that if I was asking for plowing, and the last hire was a harvest, I would simply have my avatar state that I was looking for plowing ONLY...and then wait. Invariably, I would see a previously bumped plowing hire reappear on my screen...and then I will snatch it.

Or, if the flood was really overwhelming, I would announce a thank you to all the people trying to hire me, and say I got a job. Only then would I click on the final hire.

Figure it is just good manners.

But.....I no longer hire at the Market. With all my facilities, I'm finding the price of crops is irrelevant when using them to process other goods. So....I'm using my neighbors and my own labor (with machines) to harvest and plow now. Making better money, and so are my neighbors who share in my bounty.

Not sure if making self harvest/plow just as cost effective as hiring was intentional on the part of the devs ...or not. But it has changed the way I play the game. Now I only go to the market to sell, not to hire.

Last edited by prettyponies; Apr 04 2010 at 09:33 AM.