View Single Post
Old Apr 01 2010, 06:02 AM

I've just come to make an observation that has been reinforced to me tonight in the market place. There have been various posts regarding 'rude' people who don't accept an invitation to work on your farm when they are clicked on. The complaint is that they don't accept, don't decline and 'rudely ignore' the invitation.

My point is that this is not always the case. I have just been working from the market place. As usual I turned up and greeted the group with 'good evening everyone' and within seconds I had been sent three offers of employment. They all came hot foot on top of one another and so quickly that by the time I clicked it was on the third offer which was on the front of the pile of requests. The way the market works only allows us under these circumstances to click on the front request and gives us no way to explain to the previous two what happened and that I was not being rude.

This has happened on numerous occasions, and I always feel bad about the first two people who tried to hire me .... but there is nothing I can do to get back to them because I didn't even get a chance to see their names. So, please understand that this can easily happen and that all is not always as it seems.