View Single Post
Old Feb 23 2010, 10:39 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanitysgate View Post
I always harvest and plow in full screen and the chat box always opens up at the bottom when the farmer is talking to me. It's a matter of paying attention and minimizing if need be to respond. Don't know if everyone can see the chat box in full screen, but I know my husband does because I've had to remind him to hide my trees!

As far as people not understanding English, that I can forgive. But with a screen name like 'IdahoMom' (example only), I'm pretty sure she can read English.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charo View Post
Not only does the chat box open up, a chat bubble appears as well - even in full screen, you can see it and unless you're so zoomed in that you cannot see anything other than a modest amount of land, you should know when someone is talking.
Forgive me, folks, but exactly what is it you must impart so urgently to your workers after they arrive on your farm that their apparent lack of response to your chat messages ticks you off so? If you're hiring from the MP and have special requirements, that's the place to discuss them -- either with the entire room, or using the capability to exchange private messages with a potential worker.

Before the "harvest crops only" option was available, I could see people getting upset about workers harvesting trees when they were asked not to, as a matter of courtesy. But really ... at this point, there's not much if anything that needs to be said between hiring farmer and worker except (hopefully) a courteous thank-you. The plowing and harvesting actions themselves don't require supervision or running commentary.

I'm with Jas on this one. If you want me to keep an eye on the chat window for some reason while I'm working, then say so up front. Otherwise, don't give me grief for not responding to your messages when after doing the job I pop out of full-screen to offer my thanks.

A little communication about expectations goes a long way.