View Single Post
Old Dec 22 2009, 08:07 PM

I have read everyone's comments. Obviously with different computers and different servers there are some different issues. I have always harvested and plowed in orderly rows as I can go faster that way than any other. When I am on a site where the owner has hired a gazillion folks, I try to find a corner far away from the mob and just do the best I can.

This new system has not allowed me to do this. I was just hired by a person who hired over 10 folks to do a very small farm. I tried the go to an off corner, having been told my avatar would teleport to the spot. IT DIDN"T. It creeped and crawled and backtracked and turned etc. Finally it got to where I was. I clicked waited for the rod to count down and tried to click on another block right beside the one I was on. my avatar TURNED AROUND AND WALKED BACKWARDS away from the square. Went around a hedge, a fence and finally came back.

Now I don't have the fastest machine around but this is crazy. I asked the person why they hired so many and the reply was, "with the new system, this is the only way I can get plowing done fast. If I waited for one person I'd be here all night."

So I'm not seeing the good side of this yet. I am frustrated and tired. I understand it is a "free" game but trust me I have spent money on things so I feel like I am participating and not free loading. I appreciate it is beta and the folks are trying to make it work. but this new (which is really going backward to an old way of doing harvesting and plowing) way is not working for me.

I see folks hiring more people to get the job done faster, losing patience with the game, etc.

I hope a good night's sleep will help me. I do not consider myself a crybaby or any of the other names that some have tossed out here. I am stating my opinion.

If this change is here to stay, then I respectfully request that the PTB figure out a way to teleport the avatars consistently and get the harvesting and plowing to go faster. Not every farm is filled with long straight rows of just crops with nothing breaking up the fields.

Thanks and
Aloha,
Wordweaver

MORNING COMES EARLY ON A FARM
COWS TO MILK - LOTS OF PLOWING TO DO,
I CAN STILL SMELL THAT FRESH TURNED EARTH
MOISTURE FROM THE DEW CLINGING TO GRANDPA'S SHOE.

A SMALL LANE LEAD TO THE BARN
MORNING GLORIES COVERED A FENCE ON ONE SIDE,
IN THE STORAGE ROOM WHERE HALTERS AND BITS WERE STORED
MY SISTERS, COUSINS AND I IN THE GRAIN BIN OFTEN DID WE HIDE.