Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Discussions about Layering (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=632710)

Taz D Oct 12 2011 11:25 PM

Discussions about Layering

This thread is strictly for your feedback on layering.

The instructions for using the Freestyle Farm Designers will be allowed. Examples:
  • overlapping of waters on water, or moving them off the edges of a farm
  • or overlapping facilities on facilities, or moving them off the edges of a farm
  • moving buildings and decorations closer together

You may discuss other types of layering BUT you must not post any type of instruction on how to do those.

Instructions on layering or staggering crops, trees, flowers or placing of anything on top of those are not permitted to be posted on the forum by anyone so please do not ask for help with those. Those will be removed by a moderator.

ckpeer@gmail.com Feb 29 2016 06:55 PM

Feedback on Layering of Crops

On Feb 21, the devs posted a poll in the feedback section of this forum. The poll asked players if they layered, stacked, did both, or did neither when they planted crops. After noticing the poll, I attempted to vote, but was not able to. I messaged the mods and was told that I should have been able to do so. (I was signed in to the forum.) While I discussed this issue with Taz and Marymarcel, there were 129 votes posted on 2/26/16. Currently, there are 131 votes posted, and I still cannot vote, and the thread is closed. ?

Taz D Feb 29 2016 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckpeer@gmail.com (Post 6047862)
On Feb 21, the devs posted a poll in the feedback section of this forum. The poll asked players if they layered, stacked, did both, or did neither when they planted crops. After noticing the poll, I attempted to vote, but was not able to. I messaged the mods and was told that I should have been able to do so. (I was signed in to the forum.) While I discussed this issue with Taz and Marymarcel, there were 129 votes posted on 2/26/16. Currently, there are 131 votes posted, and I still cannot vote, and the thread is closed. ?

Hi ckpeer,
The poll has been close so no one can vote now. The developers got the information they wanted to see which was the percentage breakdown of layering vs stack/staggered vs none. Over the course of a week the poll stayed consistent for the percentages. I am sorry you didn't get to vote.

lollymop Apr 22 2016 08:39 PM

Is there a trick to harvesting farms that use layers? It takes me forever to harvest. I'm new here and was wondering if maybe there is a quicker way to harvest layers that I am unaware of. I never know if I am getting everything done.

bluehair May 16 2016 05:14 AM

anyone else have this issue

with doing work on farms where the crops are stacked layered? where it takes ages...I did some work on layered farm but it was so slow..I went to write the farmer a note to say I could not finish but FT refreshed

Aussie Rae May 16 2016 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluehair (Post 6069210)
with doing work on farms where the crops are stacked layered? where it takes ages...I did some work on layered farm but it was so slow..I went to write the farmer a note to say I could not finish but FT refreshed

Some things you can do: Hide everything, only have crops ticked, as the more things the game has to load, the longer it takes and if you don't have a top of the range computer and good internet etc. you may run into difficulties. In Preferences have checked that the Eye toggles between Hidden and On, not on dimmed. Do a section, then keeping the tool you are using in hand, refresh that farm using the green diamond .. don't refresh the game.. and click on save as you work. Also sending a message to the farmer before you start work is a good practice if you think you may get booted.

bluehair May 16 2016 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Rae (Post 6069222)
Some things you can do: Hide everything, only have crops ticked, as the more things the game has to load, the longer it takes and if you don't have a top of the range computer and good internet etc. you may run into difficulties. In Preferences have checked that the Eye toggles between Hidden and On, not on dimmed. Do a section, then keeping the tool you are using in hand, refresh that farm using the green diamond .. don't refresh the game.. and click on save as you work. Also sending a message to the farmer before you start work is a good practice if you think you may get booted.

have a reasonably fast computer and on fibre..eye is on hidden..I do this when I am doing any work.

99% of the time I end up leaving the farm anyway...it seems to be only layered farms..managed to finish 13 or so farms on another farm no worries at all (no layered crops)

AnnaWalls May 16 2016 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluehair (Post 6069210)

I deal with lag all the time. I have discovered that if I hide all the things you're now doing at that moment - even facilities and decorations - it helps with the lag. Less stuff to load up. If the job requires you to go from say crops to trees - just hide the crops and show the trees.

Dan H May 17 2016 10:47 AM

Yes, keep the Eye closed when harvesting layered (stacked) farms. That will definitely help keep the screen clear of visual clutter when harvesting. The Eye can, however, be toggled back and forth to aid with difficult harvests. Most laptops and many older desktops/towers may be slow to respond when processing 30X30 and above layered/stacked farm data, and especially the very large farms. I personally have 2 older laptops and a newer tower (with a very fast CPU), and 300Mbps internet connection (which I actually do not ever attain on any device). The tower is by far faster to use, though, and I also have large capacity tools and combine. I usually do not notice any extreme slowness when using the tower, except on an occasion once when I was harvesting a 40X40 layered farm.

knolan Nov 08 2017 09:35 AM

Crops missing

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6201858)
I visited your farms and they are showing so much layering that is why you are getting so many problems, you will have to cut down on layering.

We could try to clear data for those farms, but you have to move all items or you risk losing them.

Why is there suddenly a problem with people layering their farms? I have layered my crops since 2009/10. What did FarmTown do to the tools that changed the number of crops I've been planting/harvesting/plowing?
I have been putting the number of crops for each farm so I know how many I have. Suddenly, since the last update, the number of my crops has completely been reduced by 75%...