Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- December 3rd, 2010 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=387222)

Raul Dec 03 2010 06:47 PM

New Release -- December 3rd, 2010

Hi Farmers,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features:

1. Holiday Items: Most of them in coins. There are 5 new holiday animals on the gift section. There is also a Snow Cover on the Holiday section in the store that covers the entire farm with snow.

2. Plow Tool Improvement: The plow tool now works similar to when you are hired for plow, if you are on top of a harvested or gone to waste field, you will see only the highlighted fields. You will only see the red or green cursor when you are over grass.

3. Blue (coins) and Orange (FC) Bulldozers: Allows you to delete 3x3 or 4x4 fields at a time. All Bulldozers have been updated so you can also delete single items, not just fields, without switching to the yellow dozer.

4.Gift Certificates: There are 3 Gift Cards (55, 120 and 250 FC) on the Holiday Section that you can send as gift to your neighbours.

5.Separate Work-Hire/Sell-Trade Markets: There is now an additional Marketplace that people can use when they are not interested in hiring/working and just want to sell and trade products with other users. You can still do all operations on both markets, but with the option of explicitly indicating your intention, the chances of accomplishing your goals should increase.

6.Item Storage Improvements: There is a new tool on the extended tool bar ('Add to Item Storage', above the hand) that will allow faster transfers to the item storage. Also, when you are moving items from the item storage to your farms, if you have more than one in storage, you can continue placing the same item and they will be removed from storage automatically.

7.Rubber Tree: Allows you to harvest the Latex from the tree.

8.Metal Mill: Allows you to produce Copper and Stainless Steel Sheets to build Cookware and Toys. You can extract the Iron, Copper and Chromite ores in the Mineral Mine.

9.Cookware Factory: Allows you to make cookware. You can produce Plastic Granules on the Petrochemical Plant:

Bamboo Utensil Set
Copper Sauce Pot
Silver Cutlery Set
Rubber Gloves
Copper Frying Pan
Tea Kettle
Knife Set

10.Rubber Factory: Allows you to create Rubber Sheets from the Latex, that you can later on use to make toys and other future products. You need the turpentine as the solvent which you can produce on the Petrochemical Plant.

11.Toy Factory: Allows you to make toys. You can produce Plastic Granules on the Petrochemical Plant:

Flying Disc
Rubber Duckie
Ballons
Teddy Bear
Rocking Horse
Scooter
Doll
Skateboard

More holidays items coming next week and more animals coming on next release.

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

amberdh Dec 03 2010 06:48 PM

Thanks Raul. Merry Christmas!!

Rob T Dec 03 2010 06:48 PM

Merry Christmas Raul and all the Devs, Great release!!!!!

ScottLanter Dec 03 2010 06:49 PM

I feel kinda bad about saying this, especially since the devs worked so hard to give us this update. But, I was really hoping to see some fixes to the numerous bugs that have been reported concerning slowness of the game.

servocrow Dec 03 2010 06:50 PM

I heart this very much!!!

doublelsega Dec 03 2010 06:51 PM

Thank you, thank you and thank you again!!! Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to the staff of Farm Town.

BobcatTchai Dec 03 2010 06:52 PM

Thanks Raul and team once again for your efforts. The changes to market options are a big improvement. Not sure about the Cookware Factory but the Toy Factory will make a nice centrepiece to the Christmas Village I have planned. :)

xxcharliebxx Dec 03 2010 06:53 PM

Thank You :D

crafty chris Dec 03 2010 06:54 PM

many many thanks for this release and special thanks for the lighted pines most welcome :)
would there be any chance of having the snow cover as an all year round item??? please :D ... may i wish everyone a merry xmas (or happy holidays)

Big Honking Toe Dec 03 2010 06:55 PM

Wow a good priced tool only 15fc.

Double T Dude Ranch Dec 03 2010 07:00 PM

Thanks Raul! Merry Christmas!

Wilde Lily Dec 03 2010 07:03 PM

Thank you! Merry Christmas!

Farmer Homer Dec 03 2010 07:04 PM

"6.Item Storage Improvements: There is a new tool on the extended tool bar ('Add to Item Storage', above the hand) that will allow faster transfers to the item storage. Also, when you are moving items from the item storage to your farms, if you have more than one in storage, you can continue placing the same item and they will be removed from storage automatically."

I just used this feature, I moved a bunch of trees from storage in no time at all. Thank you!

rab124 Dec 03 2010 07:05 PM

I KNEW IT!!!! I have been on FT for well over 5 hours today (ok, perhaps I do have an addiction problem as someone mentioned before) - and noticed this last time when I went to the marketplace that something was different. Then when I was hired to plow and had an actual plow in my hand - I KNEW! In my excitement I told the farm owner that there had been a new release - and then is when the addiction remark was made. I could barely contain myself long enough to finish plowing to come see what the "new" was - YAY!!! Thank you, Raul and team - you have made a sniffly, yucky feeling old lady very happy - HAPPY DANCE!

MattAlex69 Dec 03 2010 07:06 PM

OMG & I thought I was addicted b4, now I'm in HUGE HUGE HUGE trouble LOL

ty devs

chrisluvsanimals Dec 03 2010 07:12 PM

Love the new additions but please, please, please increase the amount of oil we can produce!! With just the old uses i couldn't keep up and now we have a lot more uses for it! I have pumps on all 7 farms and still can't get enough!!

StoneFace Dec 03 2010 07:12 PM

When I posted my prediction about the new release today, it got me to thinking....

I now have one more correct prediction than that phony guy Nostradamus ...

hehe

I.M. Predictor

:cool: lol :p

wicca936 Dec 03 2010 07:18 PM

**** this update we are going to able to trade coins for farm cash

Mrs Borgies Dec 03 2010 07:25 PM

Thank you so much for this update! Merry Christmas to the hard working people behind the scenes of this game. I already have snow covering my first farm....gotta make me feel a bit cooler during our hot Aussie summer... ;)

StoneFace Dec 03 2010 07:25 PM

okay, so now I have a bunch of Rubber Trees.... any one know how long it takes them to mature??

.:cool:

MattAlex69 Dec 03 2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicca936

I hope we can cuz I just cant afford to pay cash to get FC for certain things :(

WingmanFarm Dec 03 2010 07:45 PM

I am REALLY happy about the plow tool improvement. I have on numerous occasions gone over where I wanted to plow and had to delete the extra plots. Now my harvested fields are so much easier to plow.:)

Momma Woods Dec 03 2010 07:46 PM

Dec 3rd release.

You are the bestest, greatest dev. in the world. Thanks a million times. Now to go ponder and check all these goodies out.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raul (Post 4202790)

Hi Farmers,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features:

1. Holiday Items: Most of them in coins. There are 5 new holiday animals on the gift section. There is also a Snow Cover on the Holiday section in the store that covers the entire farm with snow.

2. Plow Tool Improvement: The plow tool now works similar to when you are hired for plow, if you are on top of a harvested or gone to waste field, you will see only the highlighted fields. You will only see the red or green cursor when you are over grass.

3. Blue (coins) and Orange (FC) Bulldozers: Allows you to delete 3x3 or 4x4 fields at a time. All Bulldozers have been updated so you can also delete single items, not just fields, without switching to the yellow dozer.

4.Gift Certificates: There are 3 Gift Cards (55, 120 and 250 FC) on the Holiday Section that you can send as gift to your neighbours.

5.Separate Work-Hire/Sell-Trade Markets: There is now an additional Marketplace that people can use when they are not interested in hiring/working and just want to sell and trade products with other users. You can still do all operations on both markets, but with the option of explicitly indicating your intention, the chances of accomplishing your goals should increase.

6.Item Storage Improvements: There is a new tool on the extended tool bar ('Add to Item Storage', above the hand) that will allow faster transfers to the item storage. Also, when you are moving items from the item storage to your farms, if you have more than one in storage, you can continue placing the same item and they will be removed from storage automatically.

7.Rubber Tree: Allows you to harvest the Latex from the tree.

8.Metal Mill: Allows you to produce Copper and Stainless Steel Sheets to build Cookware and Toys. You can extract the Iron, Copper and Chromite ores in the Mineral Mine.

9.Cookware Factory: Allows you to make cookware. You can produce Plastic Granules on the Petrochemical Plant:

Bamboo Utensil Set
Copper Sauce Pot
Silver Cutlery Set
Rubber Gloves
Copper Frying Pan
Tea Kettle
Knife Set

10.Rubber Factory: Allows you to create Rubber Sheets from the Latex, that you can later on use to make toys and other future products. You need the turpentine as the solvent which you can produce on the Petrochemical Plant.

11.Toy Factory: Allows you to make toys. You can produce Plastic Granules on the Petrochemical Plant:

Flying Disc
Rubber Duckie
Ballons
Teddy Bear
Rocking Horse
Scooter
Doll
Skateboard

More holidays items coming next week and more animals coming on next release.

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

Docperk Dec 03 2010 07:48 PM

As I said in a previous post thank you for 4x4 Bulldozer I love it! Now time to insert my standard wine.... Another batch of gifts and still no Yeast. Every other item in Semi-Trailer is available as a gift except for Yeast. Please add the Yeast to gift list.

thank you

Penelope Fielding Dec 03 2010 07:54 PM

Rubber Duckie!!!!!!!!!!!

Rubber Duckie

--Raul[/quote]

I love it, as I love the entire Farm Town game and the brilliant folks who think all of this up!!

Thanks for the new stuff..now we'll need a farm 8 I guess!

Penny:)

Bobby Jo Dec 03 2010 07:55 PM

I am a bit disappointed still. I was hoping to either see something for the coin plowers and harvesters or at least an announcement about it. Are we just out of luck? :(

Shrap Dec 03 2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wicca936 (Post 4202966)

When and where was this stated? I seem to have missed it.

Double T Dude Ranch Dec 03 2010 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrap (Post 4203086)
When and where was this stated? I seem to have missed it.

I think the *** was a curse as they want to trade coins for FC but it is not here yet.

nitz22002 Dec 03 2010 07:59 PM

A million thanks to you Raul . Merry Christmas.

Shrap Dec 03 2010 07:59 PM

OK, thanks DT. I doubt it will ever happen, what would be the point of FC if we just used coins to buy it?

dottyF Dec 03 2010 08:06 PM

Stupid question. Do u harvest or chop the rubber trees?

Toranut97 Dec 03 2010 08:08 PM

Farm Cash generates profits for the developers. Period. And I personally do not begrudge them this.

I regret that not everybody is able to afford Farm Cash. That is the way of the world.I plan to alleviate this in my little corner of the world by giving some of the wonderful new Farm Cash gift cards to some of my favorite long time neighbors as holiday gifties.

This is capitalism. This is NOT a justice issue. They owe us NOTHING. It is a free game. We get to play the parts of teh game that we can afford to play.

Sorry, but here I was -- enjoying this delightful update -- and I ran into the grouchy whiny sourpusses. Enough. If you want to whine, there are other threads appropriate to that.

End of rant.

PennyLewis Dec 03 2010 08:08 PM

Rocking horses and Teddy Bears!!! My life is complete!!!:D

lavanah Dec 03 2010 08:08 PM

Now that we need so much more oil would it be possible to put more then one oil pump on each farm? That would be great. Oh also, do we shake the rubber trees with the shaker?

kaylene Dec 03 2010 08:13 PM

was just about to go mow the lawns and noticed the update:D so guess what I will be up to this arvo;) Even though I am in Australia and its summer here I love the snow cover:D Merry Christmas and thanks so much for all the hard work you have put into this game:D

dottyF Dec 03 2010 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaylene (Post 4203170)
was just about to go mow the lawns and noticed the update:D so guess what I will be up to this arvo;) Even though I am in Australia and its summer here I love the snow cover:D Merry Christmas and thanks so much for all the hard work you have put into this game:D

I like the snow cover when its not on the Real ground. Can I come and live with you for a few months?:(

kaylene Dec 03 2010 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottyF (Post 4203182)
I like the snow cover when its not on the Real ground. Can I come and live with you for a few months?:(

I have a spare bedroom, come on over ;):D

JAS0643 Dec 03 2010 08:22 PM

I can't wait to get home and see the new stuff I hope one of the new animals with the next update is an animal that looks like a horse the one we have now is sad looking.

ohoh Dec 03 2010 08:26 PM

where do u find the rubber tree?

amberdh Dec 03 2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dottyF (Post 4203134)
Stupid question. Do u harvest or chop the rubber trees?

Harvest :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohoh (Post 4203226)
where do u find the rubber tree?

Its a gift :)