Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

Farmer_Susan Nov 25 2014 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeanieBeanie2 (Post 5793186)
Sadly, I must say that after 5 years of playing Farm Town, 100's of hours and dollars spent, I am to the point where the frustration of playing the game just isn't worth it anymore...I have bought all the larger tools for myself and for my hubby in order to work our farms faster as they got larger and larger...the game is so slow now that having the larger tools doesn't make much of a difference...

The only layering I have are my fields...3 times over...I have no layered buildings, trees, flowers...etc...my animals are all penned...farms where there are no layered fields, only trees/flowers don't go any faster than the ones which do...I work my own farms...hubby is the only one who works my factories/service facilities because all my other neighbors have quit playing...yes, I have cleared mem cache, deleted temporary internet files...etc...more times than I care to count and all to no avail...I do have 20 farms but none of my farms are over 24 x 24...we use a fiber optic internet service provider and just replaced our router...no change in the speed of Farm Town...

I don't know what the problem is...farms being too big?...Farm Town needing more servers to handle the load of larger farms?...whatever it is, the long load times and lag is just too frustrating...I really don't have time to spend 2 - 3 hours every morning when what I have to do shouldn't take more than an hour...I have quit planting a lot of my fields...most probably will run out what I have in storage and then it will be time to tell Farm Town goodbye...:(

JeanieBeanie, you might try either Chrome or Firefox. I seldom even spend an hour farming these days which is wonderful for me since my life is pretty busy. Or maybe your ISP is slow? I'm on cable - not their fastest, but the one under that and do fine.

Farmer_Susan Nov 25 2014 01:13 PM

Sorry to ask again but

I always forget how to change out the favorite tools in our toolbox and when I come here looking for the answer, never know where to look. There's a "Toolbox" thing in the game guide, but I checked that just now and it only talks about the tools at the top of the farm window - not the customizable ones at the bottom. Now that I have the new silver tree shaker, I want to replace my purple one with the silver one.

Help?

Rob T Nov 25 2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan (Post 5902958)
I always forget how to change out the favorite tools in our toolbox and when I come here looking for the answer, never know where to look. There's a "Toolbox" thing in the game guide, but I checked that just now and it only talks about the tools at the top of the farm window - not the customizable ones at the bottom. Now that I have the new silver tree shaker, I want to replace my purple one with the silver one.

Help?

Hi Susan,

This is the link i believe you are looking for?
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595202

Farmer_Susan Nov 27 2014 06:15 AM

Yes! That's the one. Thanks, Rob. : )

hifli74 Nov 27 2014 10:31 AM

co-op quest

Why doesn't my link work?

Taz D Nov 27 2014 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hifli74 (Post 5903778)
Why doesn't my link work?

Hi hifli,
Your link should work now. I had to get it edited right. :)

CATtitude Nov 27 2014 10:56 AM

Facebook's new, even shorter links

I thought it was a rumour that FB would make the links (for ingredients requests, bonuses) even shorter but they're here now. And you can't even see from the link what game/app it is from :eek: :mad: How can you tell that it's a Farmtown link now? It could be anything connected to FB :( Knowing there are ppl who like to sabotage for others, link to viruses, worms etc and to other sites this develoment by FB is a disaster! Slashkey should want the Word FARMTOWN to be visible in all links related to the game, shouldn't they? So slashkey should DEMAND that FB dev's take a step back and throw this new shorter link development in the bin where it belongs!

(BTW, i'm admin in several FT Groups and i dread now what these shorter links can cause to the members of those groups when ppl with maliscious intent start misusing them :( This could lead to several quitting the game... or taking a longer break :( )

Petuniaflower Nov 30 2014 03:39 PM

Amount you can buy from others

We increased the amounts per suit a few months ago, with 1 suit 5000 products, 2 suits 10,000 products and the 3 suits 15,000 products.

Thanks

--Raul[/Q

That is a message to me from Raul

Why am I still getting 10,000 on both of my farms. When I got this message last week.I went an bought the dress for mine and the pant and top for my other farm.We should have bumped up to 15000.
I have the suit, dress and pant and top for my other farm

I have the suit, dress, and 2 styles of pant and top for mine

marymarcel Nov 30 2014 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petuniaflower (Post 5904962)
We increased the amounts per suit a few months ago, with 1 suit 5000 products, 2 suits 10,000 products and the 3 suits 15,000 products.

Thanks

--Raul[/Q

That is a message to me from Raul

Why am I still getting 10,000 on both of my farms. When I got this message last week.I went an bought the dress for mine and the pant and top for my other farm.We should have bumped up to 15000.
I have the suit, dress and pant and top for my other farm

I have the suit, dress, and 2 styles of pant and top for mine

Hi Petunia:)

This was posted by Raul in the Release April 14th, 2014

9. Increased Trading Limits: We duplicated your 12 Hour Trading limit when buying products from others in the market, here are the new limits based on your Diversification Rank:

- From ranks 2000 to 5000, add 1000 to your limit
- From 5000 to 10000, add 2000
- From 10000 to 30000, add 3000
- From 30000 to 60000, add 4000
- Over 60000, add 5000

Also, we increased by 500% the limits based on the Business Clothes you own, for every business cloth that you own, add 5000 to your limit. You can buy up to 3 different Business Clothes by clicking on your Avatar, selecting 'Change Appearance', then selecting the Clothes category and scrolling right to the very end.

To increase your limit you need to purchase the Business Clothes, they are the only ones which allow you to do that.:)

Petuniaflower Nov 30 2014 04:17 PM

i HAVE THE BUSINESS CLOTHS ON BOTH FARMS

Petuniaflower Nov 30 2014 04:24 PM

Does he mean you need to buy 3 sets of business clothe of different colors.

They really need to have something showing which clothes count for trade increases,for dummies like me

Taz D Nov 30 2014 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petuniaflower (Post 5904978)
i HAVE THE BUSINESS CLOTHS ON BOTH FARMS

Hi Petunia,
They are titled Business and are on the last page of the clothes. If you own them then they no longer have the Buy button under them.
On the first page of the Change Appearance is a line about the business clothes and a question mark. If you click on the question mark it tells you they are the clothes at the end of that section.

Petuniaflower Nov 30 2014 04:33 PM

The 3 different colors of business clother:rolleyes:

My Petunia hates wearing BUSINESS CLOTHER

Taz D Nov 30 2014 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petuniaflower (Post 5904990)
The 3 different colors of business clother:rolleyes:

My Petunia hates wearing BUSINESS CLOTHER

No one says you have to wear them. Buy them if you want the increase, then go back in and change clothes.

Petuniaflower Nov 30 2014 04:43 PM

They will hang and collect dust,need different colors of overhauls.

Ok I now can buy up to 10500 I have 1 set of business clothes,Two more sets would boot me up how much.I want to get to 15000 some day.Waiting for my check to come in,so this will be something to plan ,not do at the moment.:D

Taz D Nov 30 2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petuniaflower (Post 5904998)
They will hang and collect dust,need different colors of overhauls.

Ok I now can buy up to 10500 I have 1 set of business clothes,Two more sets would boot me up how much.I want to get to 15000 some day.Waiting for my check to come in,so this will be something to plan ,not do at the moment.:D

"for every business cloth that you own, add 5000 to your limit"

Judybluefeather Dec 01 2014 12:23 PM

Christmas decorations and general positive feedback

I think the new Christmas decorations are fantastic. I just decorated an outside tree (no lights) on my farm. Bravo to Slashkey for giving us the opportunity to do these things. and with coins, not Farm Cash. I do not have a lot of disposable income, but what I do have, I like to buy farm cash for different things in the game. The thing about Farm Town is that I can have a great playing experience even with my limited spending ability. I have been with the game since the early years, and I, for one, love the game and how it has evolved. Thank you, Slashkey--I know this is a business to make money, but you don't seem to be trying to make it all on one person, as a lot of other games do.

janelouise Dec 02 2014 09:49 PM

I have not been able to place the garland on property located close to the edge of my farms. Is this a glitch?

Taz D Dec 02 2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janelouise (Post 5905646)
I have not been able to place the garland on property located close to the edge of my farms. Is this a glitch?

Hi Jane,
If you are talking about the bottom edge you can't because the garland like the clouds are at a higher level so it won't go all the way to the bottom of the farm. By making those decorations at a higher level it allows you to place the items on buildings, but also prevents their use at the lower edge of the farm. Unfortunately it is a trade off that can't be changed.

ila Dec 03 2014 11:19 AM

where do i find the snow patches for the ground???

Eradani Dec 03 2014 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ila (Post 5905786)
where do i find the snow patches for the ground???

if you open the store and type "snow roof" into the search box, they'll all come up. you can't tell by looking, but they're in the Holiday tab

jmdoda4438@comcast.net Dec 03 2014 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eradani (Post 5905822)
if you open the store and type "snow roof" into the search box, they'll all come up. you can't tell by looking, but they're in the Holiday tab

snow patches for the ground are under Winter tab in the store

Eradani Dec 03 2014 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmdoda4438@comcast.net (Post 5905846)
snow patches for the ground are under Winter tab in the store

for the ground... /cleans glasses

parrot38 Dec 06 2014 07:58 AM

having a rest

I have played farm town since 2009 but just lately it has felt like a chore rather than a pleasure so i have harvested all my field crops and am having a break is there any thing I have to remember to do until I 'crop'up again

mrschar Dec 06 2014 09:15 PM

This may not be the right place, but I was so disappointed today. I LOVE decorating my farms for Christmas. Several of the "farms" are part of my towns. I was excited to see the marching band figures, so I made a Christmas parade. Since Santa is always at the end of the parade, I found Santa in the sleigh and used it. Today, I decided to look for other things to put in the parade since it was so short. I was super excited to see the FLOAT. SCORE. But such a disappointment. It is GIANT!!!! So out of scale. It's bigger than the stores. It at least twice as large as it should be. I left it on the farm, but it won't fit in the parade. Such a disappointment.
And if the link to my farm is below, visit #2, 5,6, and 10--those are the main decorations. I'm not quite finished, though. #10, which is a continuation of #6, doesn't have enough swags on the buildings.

fredam Dec 08 2014 09:10 PM

would it be possible to section off stored seasonal stored things, it would make it it much easier to find them please.

Taz D Dec 08 2014 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredam (Post 5907538)
would it be possible to section off stored seasonal stored things, it would make it it much easier to find them please.

Hi fredam,
Please put your suggestion in the Suggestion section and not the Feedback. The developers will be more likely to see it there. You cannot start a new thread there but you can reply to an existing one that fits your suggestion.

beverduster Dec 16 2014 04:25 PM

can i be a cross dresser and get another 15,000?

StoneFace Dec 17 2014 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beverduster (Post 5909930)
can i be a cross dresser and get another 15,000?

Cross Dresser???

What have you got to be angry about? Perhaps your part in my story?

:cool:

beverduster Dec 17 2014 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneFace (Post 5910062)
Cross Dresser???

What have you got to be angry about? Perhaps your part in my story?

:cool:

just trying to get more buying power,

where is your story at I no i will need a compass & a bloodhound to find it

StoneFace Dec 18 2014 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beverduster (Post 5910090)
just trying to get more buying power,

where is your story at I no i will need a compass & a bloodhound to find it

Under "Social"

then under A Farmer's Carol

firegold flames Dec 19 2014 02:21 AM

feedback on FT forum not game feedback

I just want to said I am happy that many members show appreciation
with one another and i am glad on this forum .

The forum staff is very reliable and always ready to answer question when in doubt.

i want to congratulate those who voice out their opinions on this ft forum . :)

Good job and many year ahead

This is a feedback about ft forum.

Suntanned Dec 20 2014 06:40 PM

Island In The Sky

I would like to see more airport decorations, specifically opposable runway numbers, an enhanced wind sock (at least 8 compass points), and some classic civilian and military aircraft. And some Pie In The Sky would also be welcome. :)

Taz D Dec 20 2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntanned (Post 5911226)
I would like to see more airport decorations, specifically opposable runway numbers, an enhanced wind sock (at least 8 compass points), and some classic civilian and military aircraft. And some Pie In The Sky would also be welcome. :)

Hi Suntanned,
This would be better seen by the developers if you would put it in the Suggestions section rather than in Feedback. You can't start a new thread there but you can reply to an existing thread that fits your suggestion.

Alexandra_J Dec 23 2014 11:47 AM

Hi, I don't know where to put this so i'll put my question here: What are the waste times for all the crops. I know roughly that they waste in the same time they are ready to be harvested. For example the:

2 hr crop: will waste in 2.7 hrs
4 hr crop: will waste in 5.5 hrs.

May I find out the rest of the waste times please? thank you.

Eradani Dec 23 2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osmond Fan (Post 5912626)
Hi, I don't know where to put this so i'll put my question here: What are the waste times for all the crops. I know roughly that they waste in the same time they are ready to be harvested. For example the:

2 hr crop: will waste in 2.7 hrs
4 hr crop: will waste in 5.5 hrs.

May I find out the rest of the waste times please? thank you.

playing with my calculator seem to indicate
cropTime * 1.375, truncated to 1 decimal place

so you get an extra 3/8 of your crop time before wasting

rjohn726 Dec 24 2014 06:44 AM

More stuff again

OK you did this once before, and I said, that I can deal with it then.

I can deal with it now also as the facilities are now making approximately 1/3 more stuff. I also understand that even I have a lot of Facilities. Getting of some of them will also be fine with me.

However, as you backed off before, I really don’t think that you will back off this time again.

Fewer buildings in my opinion is a good thing as even I have too many.

So! I’ll just get rid of some, and that is what I thought a while back also. I just don’t know which ones yet.

This change over-all in my opinion is a good one also as I don’t like to have 20 of these and 20 of those 4 or 5 or more either.

‘tis a good thing that you-all are doing

Thanks

rjohn726 Dec 24 2014 09:56 AM

I decided I will wait and see before I do anything at all

qtnevin65 Dec 24 2014 02:39 PM

neighbor and storage

you guys need let us peeps add more neighbors I'm at the max and have like 20-30 more peeps that i could add. and with these large farms its imposable to move 5000 trees when you can only move just over 1000

Taz D Dec 24 2014 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qtnevin65 (Post 5913098)
you guys need let us peeps add more neighbors I'm at the max and have like 20-30 more peeps that i could add. and with these large farms its imposable to move 5000 trees when you can only move just over 1000

Hi qtnevin,
The neighbors limit is based on how many digits the database can hold, it varies because not everyones ID is the same length. ID's are normally 8 to 15 characters in length. so it can vary from 80 to 110. depending on the ID's of your neighbors. At the present time, it is a limitation of the game, and can't be increased.

When you reach your limit of neighbors 1 of 2 things will happen. Either when you add a new neighbor 1 of your current neighbors will drop off your list. Or when you try to send a request the request will not be sent and the box will not change to yellow background.