Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

firegold flames Jul 05 2014 04:58 AM

sorry , i reply late, Even i do daily quest,log in everyday - depend on my time , i still not wealthy , most of them do the daily quest but it will take time . It will take time , last time my farm is not very reach but slowly it became a bit wealthy and now i have more coins but less of farm cash .

Eradani Jul 05 2014 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatormania (Post 5843886)
How in the name of all things Farm Town can anyone not be "rich enough"...? LOL @ these newbies that have no concept of 1 square at a time plow, plant and harvest... Back then, a 3 day crop took 3 days to be ready to harvest... And, with the addition of being able to use the fuel and tools of others (thanks, by the way), you can make a gozillion coins a day !!! Facilitate and get friends to work them... There are a million ways to advance in this game, it just takes planning and effort...

you forget that newbies are, by definition, new. they don't know what they're doing. they don't know the ins and outs of the game. unless they're gamers already, they probably didn't even go through the option menus to make things work better.

you can't expect someone who is actually new to go through all the beginning of the game in 1x1 mode like we did when that's all there was. because that's not all there is and if they get hired by someone who shares tools, they get used to them and want them.

fyi: it costs 185 FC to buy your first combine. and that's if you don't make any mistakes and buy something you don't need like unlocking farm 3 because you don't know about the neighbors thread or that pretty flower shop.

and just because they're new, doesn't make them physically young with brand new, carpal tunnel free hands.

kondor Jul 05 2014 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightRider (Post 5842390)
My questions are what you mean by "win" the game? Who are competing against? Who has been telling you over and over again there is no way to "win"?

No one has been telling me this. It is posted from time to time on the forums and I agree with it. There is not winning the game, and that is not a bad thing.

:)

smarnld38 Jul 06 2014 06:02 AM

I think the cost to expand farms is ridiculousness. How you want people play when you can't afford stuff!

kondor Jul 06 2014 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatormania (Post 5843886)
How in the name of all things Farm Town can anyone not be "rich enough"...? LOL @ these newbies that have no concept of 1 square at a time plow, plant and harvest... Back then, a 3 day crop took 3 days to be ready to harvest... And, with the addition of being able to use the fuel and tools of others (thanks, by the way), you can make a gozillion coins a day !!! Facilitate and get friends to work them... There are a million ways to advance in this game, it just takes planning and effort...

Thankfully, the game has grown such that “these newbies” don't have to go through what us original Beta players went through to earn coins and advance in the game. The addition of using other player's tools and fuel is, in my opinion, one of the greatest additions to the game in terms of keeping the interest of lower level players as they try to decipher how to play the game.

Something needs to be changed regarding the importance of neighbors for advancing in the game. Not working facilities or farms, but the reliance upon neighbors to advance in farms/levels.

I took a look and I have 34 neighbors, of which a grand total of 2 are still active players. Without looking at the game docs, does anyone here know how many neighbors you need to have just to purchase Farm #3? Other farms? How they impact storage? You know, those 500+ storage spaces don't just happen, right? :)

Once upon a time, neighbors were important for spreading word about a cool new game that turned the farming game concept on its head. But, in my opinion, there is now an over-reliance on neighbors to advance in a largely single player game. I am not proposing a major overhaul, just a re-visiting of the level of importance in a day and age of Facebook privacy concerns.

Maybe something like a tie to “active” neighbors or your activity (visits, work, referrals etc...) on neighbors farms vs. a mass invite of neighbors, most of whom will help you for a while, but not really play the game as much as you.

I agree that there are a million ways to advance in this game, and almost all of them are viable ways to play the game. The challenge is to revisit what has not worked so that new players can have fun learning the game, instead of having to work to demystify the game enough to simply play.

Grammy 11 Jul 06 2014 10:11 AM

The best advice I have gotten for advancing is to add the bank, currency supplies factory and federal reserve building. I have all 3 on all 23 farms. I also bought a few extra electronic component factories to get circuit boards and paper mills to get enough paper to produce bills. These are all coin facilities. The $$ came back fast and piles up daily. Happy farming!!

kondor Jul 06 2014 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grammy 11 (Post 5844346)
The best advice I have gotten for advancing is to add the bank, currency supplies factory and federal reserve building. I have all 3 on all 23 farms. I also bought a few extra electronic component factories to get circuit boards and paper mills to get enough paper to produce bills. These are all coin facilities. The $$ came back fast and piles up daily. Happy farming!!

This is excellent advice! I have been running 5 or 6 Paper Mills since they first came out, and didn't think of this to take advantage of the surplus. Thank you for sharing!

Similarly, I have put a Mineral Mine, Mine Pit and Metal Mill on most farms and look to sell the surplus from time to time. Not the most efficient factory footprints, but gets some nice coin for almost nothing.

Rob T Jul 06 2014 01:36 PM

Hi,

While the developers to require both good and bad feedback, this debate has gone way out of hand, and has gone way off track to its original intent.

Therefore i am closing this thread.

Jokes Jul 07 2014 01:33 AM

I hate all teh holiday gifts that are worthless and you have to scroll through to send something good or exchange gifys we should be able to click on all teh ones we WANT , and tehn go back and click all teh ones we want to exchange for one other thing all at once

KnightRider Jul 07 2014 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jokes (Post 5844654)
I hate all teh holiday gifts that are worthless and you have to scroll through to send something good or exchange gifys we should be able to click on all teh ones we WANT , and tehn go back and click all teh ones we want to exchange for one other thing all at once

You should put this in the suggestion section so the developers can see your suggestion, you can't start a new thread, this way they can keep the suggestion section easier to read, but you can put it in the thread that is closest to what you are suggesting and if you don't see one that is close, you can put it in the thread My idea doesn't have a thread.