Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

Petuniaflower Jul 17 2014 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 5849370)
The ads come from malware and not viruses. You need to 8install an anti-malware program such as Malwarebytes. Then if the ads start showing up you can run that and remove the malware causing the ads.

Just did as you advised. :D

Qivis Jul 18 2014 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petuniaflower (Post 5849366)
When selecting to go to another farm,and the whole game reloads.Though it lands on the right farm.
are others having the same issue.I assume it is the server having to refresh itself.

On another note.My computer isn't that old.For the past month,been bothered by ad's. there would be a ad on both sides of the forum.AD'S AD'S AD'S.And I had virus protection.On my own(scary) I did what my eldest son did on it once.And him not here to know what to do.I backed my computer back to how it was when I bought it.Clears all the files,but that is no problem.I have Farmtown,Facebook,and banking mostly to put back on.Well I want ya to know,the AD'S are gone.I swear I will not ever check news,weather anything else on the internet,because going there had to be how i got the ad's.'Just in case anyone one else is having the problem.

Had my fingers and leg crossed hoping I wasn't going to BLOW UP my computer....

Using AdBlock Plus add-in if you happen to use Opera, Chrome, Firefox, or Waterfox helps too. All you need to do is Google it and then follow the onscreen instructions. And you're unlikely to blow up the computer unless you mess with the overclock settings in the computer BIOS! :D

ccheney Jul 19 2014 11:40 PM

I put this in the suggestion folder. Another option would be to be able to check off in the preferences to hide the quest icon so those of us who do quests it can have it and those of us who don't do quests can hide it.

max_river Jul 20 2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccheney (Post 5850714)
I put this in the suggestion folder. Another option would be to be able to check off in the preferences to hide the quest icon so those of us who do quests it can have it and those of us who don't do quests can hide it.

i like that idea

Queen Of Leon Jul 20 2014 03:45 PM

New Levels Not Often Enough!

If you are in the business of an online game, but you can't even keep UP with your players, then why are you in business at all? I waited so long for new levels, that by the time we got them, I was already PAST that! Why can't we have 25 new layers every 2 weeks? If you need to hire more people, then I know some people who need jobs. This SUCKS!

Dulcinea Jul 20 2014 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccheney (Post 5850714)

I agree, too. The quest icon is a great tool for those who do quests, but for those of us who don't, it's pretty much just in the way. :)

whosyou? Jul 20 2014 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen Of Leon (Post 5850838)
If you are in the business of an online game, but you can't even keep UP with your players, then why are you in business at all? I waited so long for new levels, that by the time we got them, I was already PAST that! Why can't we have 25 new layers every 2 weeks? If you need to hire more people, then I know some people who need jobs. This SUCKS!

You want free farm cash...we get it...however,how is hiring more people a good business decision?Levels = free farmcash = less income for the devs...but yes..hire more.:rolleyes:

StoneFace Jul 20 2014 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whosyou? (Post 5850858)
You want free farm cash...we get it...however,how is hiring more people a good business decision?Levels = free farmcash = less income for the devs...but yes..hire more.:rolleyes:

Kind of like kids getting an allowance.... free money, often for doing nothing or minimal work output.....

kids would say.... need that allowance every day... by the time I get it , there are more things I want to buy..

I think that any "gift" of free farm cash, including that which is earned through Quests, is most generous of the developers.

But then, I have lost track of the number of gift cards I have redeemed to get all the goodies I have (and really don't have to have to play the game at a lesser level)

Dulcinea Jul 21 2014 10:41 AM

Most FB games have other ways of earning game cash that are faster and simpler. I'm afraid that Farm Town is very behind the times with this, which is sad considering it has some of the most expensive cash prices of any FB game I've played. For loyal players who want to support Slashdot (I think this is their only game?) that's fine. But it won't attract many new players who are used to something else. :(

littlesallysanctus Jul 21 2014 02:53 PM

It is demotivating to not be able to watch your advancement and levels as they are achieved. That's the way it was and everyone signed on for it. This is being controlled. At first everyone was told there would be double farmcash for levels past 500. then no...everyone was furious and righteously so. such dishonor to promise then recant
There there was the thing about ok no more names of levels which was ok by everyone.

There are probably hundreds of levels ready and waiting. like to 1,000.