Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

docmm6 May 07 2014 01:57 PM

Fish

I wish you would go back to the way it used to be on showing the time until fish are ready to be caught again. Working the quests I really miss that info while trying to have stuff ready at the time the next quest is ready to open and start.

jackiep63 May 07 2014 02:19 PM

Mothers' Day

The Mothers' Day stuff is still all over the gifts and tools, even though it was over a month ago. Nobody's mother is going to be impressed after Easter!

If it's a regional thing, whereby some little Country somewhere has Mothers' Day later in the year, then can it be restricted to that region?

rjohn726 May 07 2014 03:12 PM

The Facility Manager is still out of Sync if one uses it to click on the dark blue button at the bottom and go down page by page.

If one does not click on a dark blue button at the bottom of the page it does just fine. However, if it is out of sync at that time it will just stay out of sync, till the game is reset. If the game is reset one can than just go down a page at a time till one is back to where one could click on the blue button earlier, as if a dark blue button is not clicked its fine.

When the Facility manager’s dark blue button is clicked it seems to me to be out of sync one line per page, a line being one pixel at the top of the page. After about 12 or so pages I can’t then click on the dark blue button as 12 pixels makes that dark blue button way too much gone to try and click on it.

KnightRider May 07 2014 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackiep63 (Post 5821138)
The Mothers' Day stuff is still all over the gifts and tools, even though it was over a month ago. Nobody's mother is going to be impressed after Easter!

If it's a regional thing, whereby some little Country somewhere has Mothers' Day later in the year, then can it be restricted to that region?

Mothers Day is this Sunday, May 11th.

jackiep63 May 07 2014 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightRider (Post 5821150)
Mothers Day is this Sunday, May 11th.

Er, no Mothers' Day is (and has been for Centuries) the middle Sunday of Lent. It's after Easter, in all calendars, including the Orthodox calendar, so Mothers' Day can not be next Sunday. If some little Countries dotted around the place have a different tradition, then fine, but in that case, the Mothers' Day stuff should be regionalised so that the people behind Farm Town don't look like people who are unable to read a calendar to the rest of the World.

KnightRider May 07 2014 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackiep63 (Post 5821158)
Er, no Mothers' Day is (and has been for Centuries) the middle Sunday of Lent. It's after Easter, in all calendars, including the Orthodox calendar, so Mothers' Day can not be next Sunday. If some little Countries dotted around the place have a different tradition, then fine, but in that case, the Mothers' Day stuff should be regionalised so that the people behind Farm Town don't look like people who are unable to read a calendar to the rest of the World.

I am talking about the US which Mothers day is Sunday the 11th and yes it is after Easter which was April 20th (last month), I don't know about the rest of the world, I go by the US calendars.

Taz D May 07 2014 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackiep63 (Post 5821158)

The "little country" you are referring to is the U.S. where this game is produced.

Taz D May 07 2014 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjohn726 (Post 5821146)
The Facility Manager is still out of Sync if one uses it to click on the dark blue button at the bottom and go down page by page.

If one does not click on a dark blue button at the bottom of the page it does just fine. However, if it is out of sync at that time it will just stay out of sync, till the game is reset. If the game is reset one can than just go down a page at a time till one is back to where one could click on the blue button earlier, as if a dark blue button is not clicked its fine.

When the Facility manager’s dark blue button is clicked it seems to me to be out of sync one line per page, a line being one pixel at the top of the page. After about 12 or so pages I can’t then click on the dark blue button as 12 pixels makes that dark blue button way too much gone to try and click on it.

Are we looking at the same thing? What dark blue button at the bottom of the page? Are you talking about the Start All or Store All buttons for the last row of facilities? Those don't move the Facility Manager up or down.

Taz D May 07 2014 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by docmm6 (Post 5821130)
I wish you would go back to the way it used to be on showing the time until fish are ready to be caught again. Working the quests I really miss that info while trying to have stuff ready at the time the next quest is ready to open and start.

If you want to make a suggestion about this please post it in the Suggestions section. You cannot start a new thread there but you can reply to one that fits your suggestion.

firegold flames May 07 2014 08:06 PM

As i check on wikipedia , yes you are right that some places mother day is on other days but FT Developer only celebrate Second Sunday of May which include US and many more countries .