Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   News & Announcements (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Release -- January 17th, 2011 (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=401830)

Raul Jan 17 2011 09:15 PM

New Release -- January 17th, 2011

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes.

1. Farm 8: Here are the prices in Coins, Farm Cash prices remain the same:

Farm12x12 - 8000000
Farm14x14 Upgrade - 5000000
Farm16x16 Upgrade - 6000000
Farm18x18 Upgrade - 7000000
Farm20x20 Upgrade - 300000000
Farm22x22 Upgrade - 400000000
Farm24x24 Upgrade - 500000000

2. 25 New Levels and 12 Gifts (Coins): About 70 new items in total, all in coins. The Farm Implements in the Gifts section have no functionality, they are just nice decorations that look well behind your machinery. All Winter items are now in the 'Winter' section in the Store. The Gift Certificates are now in the 'Other' section.

3. Superanimals (FC): There are now 2 superanimals in the Store, the Holstein Cow and the Leghorn Hen, they produce 10 times more than the regular Cow and Hen.

4. New Order in Facility Manager: When you hit the A/Z sorting button and select 'Production Chain', it will sort the facilities in such a way that will allow you to work continuously from top to bottom, as facilities with primary ingredients are on top, when you get to the complex facilities at the bottom you will have stored all the primary ingredients already required for these complex facilities.

5. Fishing with Bait (Already Launched): There will be 2 types of bait, freshwater bait and seawater bait. You can receive those baits as gifts from friends.

If you have bait available when you catch a fish you will receive 2 fish instead of one. When you hire others to fish, your baits will be used (not others) and you will also get 2 fish instead of one, in this case, employees will get double coins and will also get 2 fish instead of one when they receive their 'fish' bonus.

To check how much baits you have available hover the mouse over freshwater or seawater items.

6. Smokehouse: Allows you to produce cured and smoked products. You can receive Salt from friends. You can receive Pork from friends or order it from the Semi-Trailer truck. You can catch herrings in the Small Sea Coast.

Prosciutto
Cured Cod
Cured Herring
Salami
Smoked Cheese
Bacon
Smoked Salmon
Pastrami

7. Fish and Chips: Allows you to produce Fish and Chips dishes. You can catch squids in the Big Sea Coast.

Calamari Rings
Cod and Chips
Shrimp and Chips
Haddock n Onion Rings
Smoked Salmon n Chips
Seared Scallops n Slaw
Catfish Cakes

8. Harvest Storage expanded again by 25%.

9. Extra step removed from invite/requests flow: When you send gifts or neighbour request to friends, there was an extra screen/dialog asking you to email friends, this screen is now removed from the flow.

10. Phantom Gifts issue fixed: For users having Phantom Gifts in their gift box, when you receive a new gift or use some of the gifts in your gift box, the Phantom Gifts in your gift box should disappear.

11. The Level Bar now shows the correct amount of XP left to the next level.

Enjoy!

Thanks

--Raul

antmh Jan 17 2011 09:16 PM

Thank You so much! I enjoy the game!

Hornyroo Jan 17 2011 09:17 PM

great job guys - lovin it

Wendums Jan 17 2011 09:18 PM

WoooHooo.. doin the Happy Happy Joy Joy.. Happy Happy Joy dance... you are AWESOME!!!!!! that just about sums it up. oh yah... Thank You :)

Pam G Jan 17 2011 09:19 PM

Thank you very much!

MattAlex69 Jan 17 2011 09:19 PM

Awesome, thanks devs :)

Double T Dude Ranch Jan 17 2011 09:19 PM

WOOOOHOOOO! Thanks for the update!

bob07 Jan 17 2011 09:20 PM

Fantastic, as usual

Thanks Raul!!!!

amberdh Jan 17 2011 09:21 PM

Thank you Raul and the rest of the devs!! Great update!!

chony Jan 17 2011 09:21 PM

Hi
Thank you, we were expecting a botton to fill to the top the factories, and to empty them with just 1 click
there are too many...

jesdreher Jan 17 2011 09:22 PM

Nice update, thanks Raul! I'm looking forward to fishing with bait. Salmon is really sparse. No idea what I'm going to do with the 8th farm yet, but I'm sure I'll figure it out.

sfergie Jan 17 2011 09:22 PM

Fantastic update, love the super animals, and have got rid of the phantom gifts. thank you Devs

xxjimmyxx Jan 17 2011 09:22 PM

yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

meinhardt76 Jan 17 2011 09:23 PM

Thank you as always you do a great job.

w4rpe Keith Jan 17 2011 09:24 PM

Thank you Thank you so very much

Pebbles69 Jan 17 2011 09:25 PM

Loving it already WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Lavenda Jan 17 2011 09:25 PM

thank you so so much devs :D One extremely happy farmer here, can't wait to play with the new goodies

Jennie C. Jan 17 2011 09:26 PM

Thanks in particular for getting rid of that extra step in the gifting. It wasn't big on the grand scheme of things, but more like: why are they bothering me with this? (okay, you want new players, but the friends I have who Don't play FarmTown, are manifestedly not interested at all ... I've recruited all the others!)

Haven't checked out the new gifts and things, too busy planting onions on farm 8, but will do so tomorrow. Thanks guys!!!

gramme65 Jan 17 2011 09:26 PM

WOW! SUPER Job...

Thank you so much for all these neat upgrades...Love the cow & hen and of course the 8th farm.....
Thank you all for all your hard work and the best game on the internet!

hillbillysheets Jan 17 2011 09:26 PM

Thanks for the update, Devs! :)

Momma Woods Jan 17 2011 09:27 PM

January 17th release

Thanks Raul,
You are the greatest. The new release is just fantastic. Have a 24 x 24 farm 8 now. It has not been named yet!! Got one Holstein Cow and one Leghorn hen. Will get lots more. :D This is so much fun!!!
I am just overwhelmed.
THANK YOU, LOVE YOU, ADMIRE YOU and all the kinda stuff.

PaulaN829 Jan 17 2011 09:27 PM

Thank you sooo much!

1fritz Jan 17 2011 09:30 PM

THANK YOU, Raul and Devs.:D Another fantastic update. Purchased farm 8 and started expanding it.. The Smokehouse and Fish & Chips facilities are wonderful. Still need to figure out the rest of the goodies. Thank you againg for the best game on Facebook:D
Fritz

smilie224 Jan 17 2011 09:31 PM

As always - thank you for making this a fun game :)

Brian Sampson Jan 17 2011 09:31 PM

???

If anyone knows or has tried this yet, let me know. But are the SuperAnimals stackable with the regular ones? Can you have 100 of them AND 100 regular cows in the same dairy shed?

bluehair Jan 17 2011 09:32 PM

yay for the update ..now to save for the fish and chips shop :)

bob07 Jan 17 2011 09:32 PM

OK I'm an idiot, someone explain what item
8. Harvest Storage expanded again by 25%. is

Does that mean crop storage or Item storage, I don't see a difference in my storage

Thanks

bob07 Jan 17 2011 09:33 PM

Does that mean crop storage or item storage, I don't see a difference in my storage

Thanks

SeamsToBeSew Jan 17 2011 09:33 PM

Great update, thanks so much!!!

Reilsmom Jan 17 2011 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob07 (Post 4353602)

Does that mean crop storage or Item storage, I don't see a difference in my storage

Thanks

I'm pretty sure they mean that you can hold 25% more harvests and products from facilities before its full and you have to go to the market and sell them

Thanks for the update - you guys are doing a fantastic job. Man, it felt like a guilty pleasure spending 1.2 billion coins on the new farm and extra stuff. If only I could do that in real life *sigh*

Heletia Jan 17 2011 09:35 PM

Thank you, you make this game so enjoyable :)

bubba_bugz Jan 17 2011 09:36 PM

Awesome Thanks devs great stuff

Tiger Jan 17 2011 09:36 PM

Thank you very much , all great updates and fixes, off to buy a posh Hen or 2 :D

Double T Dude Ranch Jan 17 2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Sampson (Post 4353594)
If anyone knows or has tried this yet, let me know. But are the SuperAnimals stackable with the regular ones? Can you have 100 of them AND 100 regular cows in the same dairy shed?

It's in addition to your regular cows, so yes 100 super cows (farm cash) and 100 regular cows (gift).

SparkyTX Jan 17 2011 09:37 PM

Thanks all of you, and of course you Raul. Have been waiting for your update. As usual, love all the new stuff and the fishing bait will be great when it comes along too. Love the idea of getting XP's along with twice the fish, great idea!

Got my whole #8 farm, tentatively named "Is Eight Enough?" for those of you who remember an old sit-com by a similar name. I added the "Is" because of course, we will be waiting on nine at some point, right? But, not yet, lol. Devs need the rest and I have to get #8 whipped into shape first.

Also, have my new super chicken and Holstein cow. Can this game get to be any more fun?

Thanks again for all the great new items, features and of course, #8.

CynthiaSue Jan 17 2011 09:39 PM

Kind of disappointed in it over all. I like the new levels. However, disappointed in getting increased animal production by buying fc animals. I was hoping for some kind of super feed, like fertilizing crops and trees, with a one time cost like the fertilizer trucks. 10 cows alone would cost 50 fc, way more than I am willing to spend. I guess I will just go ahead and buy another dairy. As far as needing more hens, that won't happen unless the meat production increases in my one truck. I won't buy 2 of any fc items as fc is limited. I guess people who don't mind putting money into the game will love the cows an hens in the store, but it is not an update that will improve my game in any way.

Also, I was kind of hoping for a facility that would use ducks or peacocks or one of the other new animals. I won't do anything with fish, so the new facilities are also not something I will use.

Oh well, perhaps next time the update will be something that I will enjoy. I let this game become too important I guess, waiting weeks for the update and then finding it isn't really for me. I will go ahead and start working on Farm 8 I guess.

AZHorseLady Jan 17 2011 09:39 PM

Awesome!!! You guys rock and never get enough credit :-D

ed's farm123 Jan 17 2011 09:40 PM

Thanks for the upgrade.

The 'default' farm function quit working with this upgrade. No matter which farm is selected as default, it always goes back to Farm 1.

Tiger Jan 17 2011 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ed's farm123 (Post 4353706)
Thanks for the upgrade.

The 'default' farm function quit working with this upgrade. No matter which farm is selected as default, it always goes back to Farm 1.

Could be just a hiccup while the updates are rolling out. I just tried mine and it still works. Give it some time and try again later.

AZHorseLady Jan 17 2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CynthiaSue (Post 4353698)
Kind of disappointed in it over all. I like the new levels. However, disappointed in getting increased animal production by buying fc animals. I was hoping for some kind of super feed, like fertilizing crops and trees, with a one time cost like the fertilizer trucks. 10 cows alone would cost 50 fc, way more than I am willing to spend. I guess I will just go ahead and buy another dairy. As far as needing more hens, that won't happen unless the meat production increases in my one truck. I won't buy 2 of any fc items as fc is limited. I guess people who don't mind putting money into the game will love the cows an hens in the store, but it is not an update that will improve my game in any way.

Also, I was kind of hoping for a facility that would use ducks or peacocks or one of the other new animals. I won't do anything with fish, so the new facilities are also not something I will use.

Oh well, perhaps next time the update will be something that I will enjoy. I let this game become too important I guess, waiting weeks for the update and then finding it isn't really for me. I will go ahead and start working on Farm 8 I guess.

Wow, why so negative? You must have joined recently and have not yet fully explored all avenues in this game.....lighten up and play, its really quite fun!!! I have friends that don't spend real money and are cooking right along....Quit trying to be the best, and enjoy :D:D