Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

Taz D Sep 17 2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabbit8 (Post 5285818)
My train has been out way longer than 7 days! What is wrong? This makes the second time this has happened. Could you maybe put a notice over the train (when you float your cerser over it.) that will tell us when the train is due back?

What does it say when you open it to look at the train status? Does it say To Load: 0 on the cars? Or give a number of days or hours left?

Qivis Sep 17 2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 5285854)
Were you able to set it down on your farm? If so then while it is sitting there, save, clear your cache, and restart your farm. Then try putting it into storage.

Been there. Done that. Cleared the FT cache as well as the browser cache and still does not go into storage and disappears when I try to refresh the game. And customer service keeps asking me to clarify how much farm cash needs to be refunded even though I have made it perfectly clear!

Deborah1979 Sep 17 2012 11:07 AM

I do have some suggestions for the Trains, (but I will go to the suggestion thread) later. NOW, for General Feedback....:D
I waited to buy the train until a few more cars came out AND the ability for the Mayor to help with work if you had train cars. (Beyond the 50% he was already doing.) And until I READ all of the pros and cons I could find, and read the chapter in the game guide on trains. Quite frankly, I never thought I would spend this much FC on anything!!:eek:
For the first time, I am able to work on neighbors farms that are layered. I use a satellite internet provider, and it is only slightly faster than dial-up. In the past, when I tried to work these neighbors farms, I waited 20 to 30 seconds for each facility to load the points, then go to the next one. Sometimes I was successful, but more often I got the "Connection to Server Timed Out" message. Going from farm to farm took 1 to 2 minutes.
As much as I hated to, I simply put these neighbors on a "Can't Work" list.
It is still extremely slow going from farm to farm, but once I get there, the Mayor does the work!! YEAH!!
Since this is for feedback.... is there is difference between feedback and suggestions?!?! :)
I wish the cars had been a little less expensive... maybe $20 or $25 per car. I think more people would have purchased them.
I would like to have the ability to check off the products I want to order. I have ample supplies of some of the products, but have to order them anyway. And yes, I know I can sell the excess.
I would like to be able to move the train around the same farm, even when it is dispatched.
And still on feedback, but a question that has been asked..... WHY is the train in REAL TIME??? NOTHING else in Farm Town is REAL TIME!!! LOL I sure thought that 7 days would be 140 hours, to equal 7 Farm Town days! Oh well.
All in all, I am not 100% satisfied with the trains as they are right now, but I am certainly not disappointed!!
Deborah

Taz D Sep 17 2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deborah1979 (Post 5285918)
I do have some suggestions for the Trains, (but I will go to the suggestion thread) later. NOW, for General Feedback....:D
I waited to buy the train until a few more cars came out AND the ability for the Mayor to help with work if you had train cars. (Beyond the 50% he was already doing.) And until I READ all of the pros and cons I could find, and read the chapter in the game guide on trains. Quite frankly, I never thought I would spend this much FC on anything!!:eek:
For the first time, I am able to work on neighbors farms that are layered. I use a satellite internet provider, and it is only slightly faster than dial-up. In the past, when I tried to work these neighbors farms, I waited 20 to 30 seconds for each facility to load the points, then go to the next one. Sometimes I was successful, but more often I got the "Connection to Server Timed Out" message. Going from farm to farm took 1 to 2 minutes.
As much as I hated to, I simply put these neighbors on a "Can't Work" list.
It is still extremely slow going from farm to farm, but once I get there, the Mayor does the work!! YEAH!!
Since this is for feedback.... is there is difference between feedback and suggestions?!?! :)
I wish the cars had been a little less expensive... maybe $20 or $25 per car. I think more people would have purchased them.
I would like to have the ability to check off the products I want to order. I have ample supplies of some of the products, but have to order them anyway. And yes, I know I can sell the excess.
I would like to be able to move the train around the same farm, even when it is dispatched.
And still on feedback, but a question that has been asked..... WHY is the train in REAL TIME??? NOTHING else in Farm Town is REAL TIME!!! LOL I sure thought that 7 days would be 140 hours, to equal 7 Farm Town days! Oh well.
All in all, I am not 100% satisfied with the trains as they are right now, but I am certainly not disappointed!!
Deborah

The facilities are also in real time days as you fill them with 7 days of production. You just don't see that because you have neighbors work them to speed them up.

Deborah1979 Sep 17 2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 5285930)
The facilities are also in real time days as you fill them with 7 days of production. You just don't see that because you have neighbors work them to speed them up.

Oh, Taz D :p:p:p LOL
Of course, the facilities are in "real time". Guess I was just thinking about trees, fish, crops, flowers, etc. etc.!
BUT, it would be NICE if trains were on Farm Town time! :D:

Thanks,
Deborah

LoreneC Sep 17 2012 12:42 PM

I only have three trains but even that has made a some difference when working my neighbors facilities. I don't know if I will purchase more or not. I have sufficient goods since I only have 2-3 people who work my facilities I seldom run out.

I too think it would be nice if they were on the 20 hour day everything else is. I generally unload and reload on Sat but I was busy a couple weeks ago so now it has been changed to Sunday. With the 20 hour FarmTown day I could have kept my regular Saturday schedule. ;)

jmfslots Sep 17 2012 05:18 PM

Ghost Train

I thought that having the train look like a ghost when it is dispatched was over. For a short time it did not have this appearance. Now it's back. Why?? It looks like hell on farms we have put a lot of work and money into- to make them attractive.

KnightRider Sep 17 2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmfslots (Post 5286138)
I thought that having the train look like a ghost when it is dispatched was over. For a short time it did not have this appearance. Now it's back. Why?? It looks like hell on farms we have put a lot of work and money into- to make them attractive.

check your preferences, click on the wrench at the top and see if transparent train is checked or not.

rabbit8 Sep 18 2012 10:14 AM

Taz, it says "dispached train". That is all it says. No other wording appears. I am half way into the second week now.

rabbit8 Sep 18 2012 10:18 AM

Taz, silly me! I just clicked on "Train Status" low & behold; there were my products-finished! It would be nice if when the products were back it would notify you when you mouse over same as the crops. I wish they would make some changes in this.

rabbit8 Sep 18 2012 10:31 AM

Here I am again! I have another problem now. I thought I unloaded the train-then I sent it out again. Now when I click on status it says "unload" but it's opaque & I cannot. Also, it does a pop up that says I cannot send the train out again as I already have one out. It says if I have moved it-put it back so I can unload it. Is it possible that I didn't unload before sending it out again? And now I cannot unload until it comes back? Because it both shows "0" and 9300 in the train. The train is also not "ghost". I am so confused right now. Can someone please help me with this?

Taz D Sep 18 2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabbit8 (Post 5286750)
Here I am again! I have another problem now. I thought I unloaded the train-then I sent it out again. Now when I click on status it says "unload" but it's opaque & I cannot. Also, it does a pop up that says I cannot send the train out again as I already have one out. It says if I have moved it-put it back so I can unload it. Is it possible that I didn't unload before sending it out again? And now I cannot unload until it comes back? Because it both shows "0" and 9300 in the train. The train is also not "ghost". I am so confused right now. Can someone please help me with this?

Everyone is getting that message. If your train shows in train status that it has Carrying: 0 and To Load: 9300 on a car then it is dispatched and will be back in 7 days.

Grammy 11 Sep 18 2012 02:44 PM

Any idea what the BOOST thingy on the train status will do and when? It has said "Coming Soon" for quite a while now. Thanks.

KW54956 Sep 18 2012 03:00 PM

My train has been dispatched and has not gone back to regular color for two months now. What am I doing wrong?

Taz D Sep 18 2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grammy Snowbird (Post 5286914)
Any idea what the BOOST thingy on the train status will do and when? It has said "Coming Soon" for quite a while now. Thanks.

Only the developers know the answer to that and they aren't saying. :)

Taz D Sep 18 2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KW54956 (Post 5286922)
My train has been dispatched and has not gone back to regular color for two months now. What am I doing wrong?

It is only gone for 7 days and does not change back to normal color until you unload it. Click on the engine and choose show train details. Then click on Train Status and then on Unload button at the top.

smhtoney Sep 21 2012 09:53 PM

selecting animals for the cattle car

As a desire for the future I would like to be able to determine which animals I pick up on a train run. Perhaps a check box system of pick five animals for the next run.

Angel7 Sep 24 2012 05:54 PM

Just finished getting my last car to complete the 10 and this is really really awkward. If my neighbors farm has 1 facility on it, it does it one way, and if they have more than 1 facility, it does it differently. This last neighbor I worked, the first farm was more than 1, the next was 1, the next was more than 1, and it continued all the way across 14 farms. This is really awkward. The trains should be effortless and this ISN'T. I'm not happy after spending so much real money.....

ericcarlsen Sep 24 2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostkitten (Post 5185974)
Biggest waste of FC out of everything,,,,,,,Biggest disappointment out of all the new releases......

Sounds like MY problem! I have messaged "Support" 5 times over the last two months and I STILL have not received even an acknowledgement that they are trying to check on my Farm Cash, I am missing at least 120 units for my Membership in AARP!!! Why do they tell me nothing NOR ask me anything!!????

StoneFace Sep 24 2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel7 (Post 5291258)
Just finished getting my last car to complete the 10 and this is really really awkward. If my neighbors farm has 1 facility on it, it does it one way, and if they have more than 1 facility, it does it differently. This last neighbor I worked, the first farm was more than 1, the next was 1, the next was more than 1, and it continued all the way across 14 farms. This is really awkward. The trains should be effortless and this ISN'T. I'm not happy after spending so much real money.....

my opinion is that the "awkward" part is your neighbor's fault for the quantity of facilities.

When you work a farm with 40, 50 or more and only have to click twice, the only awkward part will be deciding what to do with all your free time:D

HelenJS22 Sep 24 2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel7 (Post 5291258)

Does your neighbour realise how it works now for those with trains. Perhaps you could mention it and they might reposition the facilities.

rabbit8 Sep 25 2012 10:43 AM

I like the trains, but have one complaint. Why are they so difficult? Please make them more simple. You have to have certain ones hooked up a certain way. I still am not sure I have mine right. It's so confusing! Please make them more simple to operate.

KnightRider Sep 25 2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabbit8 (Post 5291858)
I like the trains, but have one complaint. Why are they so difficult? Please make them more simple. You have to have certain ones hooked up a certain way. I still am not sure I have mine right. It's so confusing! Please make them more simple to operate.

It isn't difficult, to hook them up it is just if you need to go around a corner you need a coin car. When you hover over the engine all cars that is connected will highlight, if a car doesn't highlight then just move it around a little bit until you can hover the mouse over the engine and it get highlighted.

lollipopthebunny Sep 25 2012 03:21 PM

My train isn't 'faded' now an I just dispatched it today! I haven't been playing FT for about a week or so an it was working the last time I had the train run.

Why is it NOT faded when dispatched??? What can be done to fix it?

It really helps having this so I know when I have done it without having to click on the train itself. I am kind of wondering if it really is dispatched even though I click on the engine an it says it is....

Please HELP!!!

HelenJS22 Sep 25 2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lollipopthebunny (Post 5291946)
My train isn't 'faded' now an I just dispatched it today! I haven't been playing FT for about a week or so an it was working the last time I had the train run.

Why is it NOT faded when dispatched??? What can be done to fix it?

It really helps having this so I know when I have done it without having to click on the train itself. I am kind of wondering if it really is dispatched even though I click on the engine an it says it is....

Please HELP!!!

I there, I can't give you a certain reason, but several of us have found this happens to us on a hit and miss basis. You can be sure it is dispatched if you click on the 'train status' bar within the train pop-up and check to see the percentage bar. I know this means extra click work, but I'd rather be sure.

Mine has done this a couple of times and the only thing I've found that I did differently was to unload my train, and then immediately dispatch it again. Each time I did that it refused to go transparent, but if I hit the play button to reload my farm, then dispatched my train it went transparent ..... I have no idea why, but that's my remedy and I've tested it twice now.

Happy pants Sep 25 2012 10:57 PM

The train transparency is now in the "preferences" tab.... the wrench in the toolbox on the top right of your window.... so you should be able to control this feature yourself. :)

HelenJS22 Sep 26 2012 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy pants (Post 5292262)
The train transparency is now in the "preferences" tab.... the wrench in the toolbox on the top right of your window.... so you should be able to control this feature yourself. :)

The problem we're having Happy is not related to the wrench tool. The trains are checked to be transparent, and are still sitting there large as life not transparent when they should be. It's a glitch of some sort, and I decided 'if it aint broke, don't fix it'. I seem to have found the way around it though.

lollipopthebunny Sep 27 2012 09:53 AM

Yes, I have the box checked in the TOOL box "wrench". The thing is on my TRAIN, I had unloaded it about a week prior an have not been playing FT for about a week or so, an decided to load it a couple days ago or when I posted in here, And that happened ...the transparency is not there. IT is real frustrating to have to click on the Train to see if it is actually working an wondering if I am going to get stuff.

I have looked an it does appear to be working, Just wish this would be fixed! THis is the FIRST time I have had any issue with the train since I got them.

dorissau Nov 05 2012 11:13 AM

I am so disappointed that the devs did not address the concern raised by so many of us that if we attach the long cattle car we become overrun with animals. I have over 200 animals in storage because my 16 barns of all kinds are filled and I already have too many animals loose on my farms. It seems the only choice we have at this point is to wait for another farm or detach the cattle car.. which will diminish the help the mayor will give us for working facs. Come on, Devs... give us more room in the barns or else let us add another barn to our farms.

KnightRider Nov 05 2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorissau (Post 5335190)
I am so disappointed that the devs did not address the concern raised by so many of us that if we attach the long cattle car we become overrun with animals. I have over 200 animals in storage because my 16 barns of all kinds are filled and I already have too many animals loose on my farms. It seems the only choice we have at this point is to wait for another farm or detach the cattle car.. which will diminish the help the mayor will give us for working facs. Come on, Devs... give us more room in the barns or else let us add another barn to our farms.

If you have a lot of animals in your storage go to the market and sell the extra animals, then you won't have to worry about them in your storage.

carol0 Nov 05 2012 01:52 PM

To many animals

"I am so disappointed that the devs did not address the concern raised by so many of us that if we attach the long cattle car we become overrun with animals. I have over 200 animals in storage because my 16 barns of all kinds are filled and I already have too many animals loose on my farms. It seems the only choice we have at this point is to wait for another farm or detach the cattle car.. which will diminish the help the mayor will give us for working facs. Come on, Devs... give us more room in the barns or else let us add another barn to our farms. "

Not sure this is working right to quote someone's complaint, but I have the same complaint. I would like to have to benefit of more of the animals products (fur, eggs, milk etc) but my barns are full, and i have enough stuff on my farms that it is slow enough as it is. When is my storage going to be full so I cant add anything? This sucks after spending real money for the train and not being able to use the product it brings.

dorissau Nov 05 2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitt1962 (Post 5335318)
If you have a lot of animals in your storage go to the market and sell the extra animals, then you won't have to worry about them in your storage.

big deal... I would end up with fewer than 10,000 coins. I have billions of coins, what I want is the production from the animals.

Gregh Nov 08 2012 10:45 PM

Not urgent, but needs to be looked into eventually.

When watering a farm with no crops and everything hidden I often get the message, "There is nothing to irrigate in this farm".

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/...oIrrigate1.jpg

Really? I think there may be ...

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/...oIrrigate2.jpg

As I said in the subject, not urgent - I realise the devs have bigger fish to fry - but posted here in the hope that somebody will find the time to look into it someday. When I get the message I just unhide the trees and flowers and then I can water them.

Additional info: green sprinkler, and not the first farm I watered. I'd watered crops on another farm immediately prior to this.

Edited to add: with the larger numbers we're now seeing, an extra digit or two on the Coins and Fuel fields might be nice too. :D

Angel70 Nov 09 2012 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorissau (Post 5335634)
big deal... I would end up with fewer than 10,000 coins. I have billions of coins, what I want is the production from the animals.

I agree. I didn't purchase the box car that brings us animals, but I would buy the one that would bring us eggs, milk, rabbit fur, llama and sheep wool, horse hair, turkey feathers ect... Been asking this for months now and I'm not the only one asking.

Tiger Nov 09 2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregh (Post 5342830)
When watering a farm with no crops and everything hidden I often get the message, "There is nothing to irrigate in this farm".

Really? I think there may be ...

As I said in the subject, not urgent - I realise the devs have bigger fish to fry - but posted here in the hope that somebody will find the time to look into it someday. When I get the message I just unhide the trees and flowers and then I can water them.

Additional info: green sprinkler, and not the first farm I watered. I'd watered crops on another farm immediately prior to this.

Edited to add: with the larger numbers we're now seeing, an extra digit or two on the Coins and Fuel fields might be nice too. :D

Yes it's an old issue yet to be fixed. Will happen on any farm that does not have crops. Loading trees/flowers sorts it out as you've found out.

As for the coin and fuel counters........... you know where the suggestions threads are ;):)

Tiger Nov 09 2012 10:18 AM

Remember folks. If you have ideas for the game, then you need to post in the relevant suggestions thread. Do not post questions there as comments and replies are not permitted in that area. You can not start a new thread there, just find a thread with the title that most suits your idea and post a reply.

Here's the link to the whole of the suggestions area of the forum....
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

And here's the one specifically for Freight Trains, decorative Trains

c.abell Nov 11 2012 10:37 PM

When you click on the "Train Boost" button, I believe the "Coming Soon" window should read "Coming Some Day".

c.abell Nov 15 2012 01:36 PM

Buying the trains for FC is not worth the money. I can buy the facility for less FC, and with having neighbors to work, can receive that amount of goods in one day instead of waiting a week. The only way the trains would be worth the purchase is if they would bring 7 times the amount of goods each week, or delivered the same amount each day. I have all the cars now; but, will not purchase any more.

KnightRider Nov 15 2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c.abell@insightbb.com (Post 5351182)
Buying the trains for FC is not worth the money. I can buy the facility for less FC, and with having neighbors to work, can receive that amount of goods in one day instead of waiting a week. The only way the trains would be worth the purchase is if they would bring 7 times the amount of goods each week, or delivered the same amount each day. I have all the cars now; but, will not purchase any more.

They are also used for working neighbors facilities, I have 10 dispatched and I don't have to work any neighbors facilities the mayor works all of the facilities on that farm for me.

katupatree Nov 18 2012 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by dorissau
Quote:

Originally Posted by kitt1962 (Post 5335318)

I'm fixing to detach my cattle car. I just wanted the products. I hate having to move everything one by one onto my farm and then into a building. I don't know how you can sell them in the market. You can only click use when they are in storage. I'm frustrated.