Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

marymarcel Aug 25 2020 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qivis (Post 6373702)
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I would cut back to single layers for all my farms, but I have a friend in the Madrid area (that is MadRID, Spain and not MADrid, New York) who says she has been unable to post for help with her facilities for two years and has lost her password for this forum. Since I am in the United States and do not speak Spanish very well I have had trouble getting her to understand how the Support link works too. So she earns most of her coins by being my Super Neighbor. :D

You can ask her to contact Support and explain her problem in spanish as they can explain your friend what steps she has to do in her own language.

ant123% Aug 26 2020 04:24 AM

use a translator in google it works for me

Kathy813 Sep 05 2020 08:31 PM

Posts in Show Other Wall Requests

I thought this area was for posts about Belt Bonuses and Ingredient Requests. But now there are posts when someone wants to share that they bought a new facility. This takes away space on the wall for the real posts!

I don't share that I bought facilities because I feel sure other players aren't interested. I know I'm not interested in someone else's facility purchase.

Taz D Sep 05 2020 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathy813 (Post 6375298)
I thought this area was for posts about Belt Bonuses and Ingredient Requests. But now there are posts when someone wants to share that they bought a new facility. This takes away space on the wall for the real posts!

I don't share that I bought facilities because I feel sure other players aren't interested. I know I'm not interested in someone else's facility purchase.

Hi Kathy,
The Other Wall Requests is for any posts other than facility posts. That includes for quest completions, NCC winning, etc.
If you want to make a suggestion to change it, please post it in the Suggestions section.

keith of maisie farm uk Sep 22 2020 10:35 AM

i do hope the new version comes by the end of this year and we can continue from where we left off in the old version.

keith

Molaquilts Sep 22 2020 12:27 PM

How many times do I download Flasher Player!!! I have have a downloaded many times!
No thing!!!!!!

Taz D Sep 22 2020 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molaquilts (Post 6377690)
How many times do I download Flasher Player!!! I have have a downloaded many times!
No thing!!!!!!

Hi Molaquilts,
You have already been answered on this on the following page link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showth...52666&page=369

Scroll down and find your post and then the answer after it.

When you can't find your posts because they have been moved to the correct subject thread use the instructions in the following link to find them:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594766

ImaOldHippie Oct 26 2020 07:14 AM

Complaint Dept.???

Is there a complaint/gripe forum somewhere that is read by the powers that be? If there is where is it? Thanks.

Tiger Oct 26 2020 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImaOldHippie (Post 6387962)
Is there a complaint/gripe forum somewhere that is read by the powers that be? If there is where is it? Thanks.

Hi ImaOldHippie,

As you have not been specific about what your complaint or gripe is about I have moved your post to the General Feedback section for now, where members can post feedback about the game. This is where the developers will look when looking for that kind of information about the game.

We try to keep threads grouped by subject matter where possible. This makes things easier to find information on any particular subject. Posts may be moved into other threads if they are about the same or similar subject. So your post could be moved again should it be better suited to another already existing thread.

You will find various instructions on how to use or find where most things are located in the Forum Guide so when you have some time have a read of those, they may help you depending on what you are looking for on the forum.

If you require help with the game then the place to post is in the Help and Support section where there are 2 pages of threads where posts are grouped by subject matter so all you do is find a thread with the title that relates to your issue and read the 1st post then go to the last page and read those to see if anyone has recently posted about an issue as the replies to those may help you as well. If you don't see the information you are looking for in those then you post in the thread related to your issue or question.

At the time of this post there is an Announcement at the top of each section of the forum listing the current issues and information about the game and the current support issue. That Announcement is for information only, you can not post a reply to it. Here's the link in case you need it:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/announcement.php?f=1

christophercilley Oct 31 2020 01:43 AM

Question about the new upgrade comment.

I am mystified by the comment made in the new upgrade, "
b) Implemented changes to be in compliance with a new Facebook policy to access profile pictures."
Just what does that mean?

marymarcel Oct 31 2020 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christophercilley (Post 6391362)
I am mystified by the comment made in the new upgrade, "
b) Implemented changes to be in compliance with a new Facebook policy to access profile pictures."
Just what does that mean?

Hi christophercilley :)

Facebook made some changes to have restrictions on how to show our facebook profile pictures which are necessary in the game. Those pictures were missing from the ingame messages and developers fixed that.

ckpeer@gmail.com Nov 10 2020 08:52 AM

Notice to Remove Flash

I just got a notice from Adobe Flash that I should delete it from my computer. I am a Mac user. I tried to put this on one of the posts re Flash, but all those posts are closed. I would like to continue playing FT until HTML5 is available, so I did not remove Flash from my computer. Any recommendations ?

Taz D Nov 10 2020 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckpeer@gmail.com (Post 6392454)
I just got a notice from Adobe Flash that I should delete it from my computer. I am a Mac user. I tried to put this on one of the posts re Flash, but all those posts are closed. I would like to continue playing FT until HTML5 is available, so I did not remove Flash from my computer. Any recommendations ?

Hi ckpeer,
Only recommendation is to ignore the message. If you remove Flash you will not be able to play Farm Town until the conversion to HTML5 is completed.

bbbjwilson Dec 03 2020 07:27 PM

Belts and Dans

I am writing to complain about the last two releases of belts and dans for facilities. I think it's not right that you release so dang many facilities at one time. Yesterday I had 54 belts and dans and today 60 belts and dans. We can only post 5 every 12 hrs and the remaining go unposted. Many people rely on these bonuses to help fill facilities. If you release so many facilities at a time---you need to give us several days to post them and let the belts and dans roll over for maybe a couple of days. (maybe even let us post more at a time)

Thanks, Jan

Taz D Dec 03 2020 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbjwilson (Post 6395138)
I am writing to complain about the last two releases of belts and dans for facilities. I think it's not right that you release so dang many facilities at one time. Yesterday I had 54 belts and dans and today 60 belts and dans. We can only post 5 every 12 hrs and the remaining go unposted. Many people rely on these bonuses to help fill facilities. If you release so many facilities at a time---you need to give us several days to post them and let the belts and dans roll over for maybe a couple of days. (maybe even let us post more at a time)

Thanks, Jan

Hi Jan,
I think what most depend on from the belts and dans is added production for less ingredients from their storage as that is permanent. The extra bonus products are really just an added amount that is not that much.

I feel that the developers are trying to catch up with all of the belts and dans for all the facilities prior to the change over from Flash which is why they released them for the remaining 30 facilities. Prior to this release they have always done 10 facilities at a time.

Joyinlife Dec 05 2020 05:31 PM

Patches of Snow

What good are snow patches if we cannot cover the ground. Years and years ago, we could so it is possible. Slashky?

Taz D Dec 05 2020 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyinlife (Post 6395446)
What good are snow patches if we cannot cover the ground. Years and years ago, we could so it is possible. Slashky?

Hi Joyinlife,
The Snow Cover is in the Winter section of the store, if that is what you are looking for.

Alexm2012 Dec 05 2020 10:15 PM

think its an absolute insult that we as 11 year players at level 1200 that the maximum is 14million in bonuses that we can collect its unfair how slashkey released so many dans for facilities at the same time why not release the belts when they release a new update every month then we wouldn't be earning "126" bonuses everytime i reloaded my facilities its a tad unfair weighing up what we actually lose especially when i have sooooo much money invested in this game. please make these adjustments Raul and Co.

Taz D Dec 05 2020 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexm2012 (Post 6395486)
think its an absolute insult that we as 11 year players at level 1200 that the maximum is 14million in bonuses that we can collect its unfair how slashkey released so many dans for facilities at the same time why not release the belts when they release a new update every month then we wouldn't be earning "126" bonuses everytime i reloaded my facilities its a tad unfair weighing up what we actually lose especially when i have sooooo much money invested in this game. please make these adjustments Raul and Co.

Hi Alexm,
I moved your post to the General Feedback section as you are not asking a question or posting a problem that we can help you solve.

For each 100 levels you have gone up 1 million has been added for the amount you can collect on bonuses. Thus at level 1200 then you can collect 14 million.
If you wish to make a suggestion please post it in the Suggestions section.

fscott Dec 13 2020 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyinlife (Post 6395446)

Hello,
I was looking for the same question regarding changing the grounds to snow. I don't see the option anymore.

Taz D Dec 13 2020 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fscott (Post 6396474)
Hello,
I was looking for the same question regarding changing the grounds to snow. I don't see the option anymore.

Hi Fscott,
It is in the Winter section of the store. Use the search in the store for Snow Cover.

Joyinlife Dec 13 2020 09:30 PM

Right, the snow cover is in the winter section. I am still wondering about the various individual snows that a person used to be able to put on top of the ground in various places on the farm. Now it just disappears under the crop. Is there a way we can put it on top again? It is kinda useless otherwise as the rest of the farm is already white.

Taz D Dec 13 2020 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyinlife (Post 6396538)
Right, the snow cover is in the winter section. I am still wondering about the various individual snows that a person used to be able to put on top of the ground in various places on the farm. Now it just disappears under the crop. Is there a way we can put it on top again? It is kinda useless otherwise as the rest of the farm is already white.

Hi Joyinlife,
Putting them on top of crops would be very tricky and make it difficult to harvest them too. It will take finding the right spot to set it down. If your fields are layered I don't think you will be able to do that at all since the crops take all the squares.
If they are lost under crops then you should be able to uncheck the preference for Show Crops to retrieve them.

Joyinlife Dec 14 2020 12:11 PM

Snow Patches

Taz: The farm I want to patch with snow is not layered. If there is absolutely nothing in that field except a plowed field, why can't it be done, even if half covered?

Taz D Dec 14 2020 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joyinlife (Post 6396590)
Taz: The farm I want to patch with snow is not layered. If there is absolutely nothing in that field except a plowed field, why can't it be done, even if half covered?

Hi Joyinlife,
The only thing I can tell you is to try. I don't have a magic way to do that. Can't say I have ever try it as I want to be able to plant my crop fields.

Tigercon Dec 24 2020 01:05 PM

A Suggestion

I got a idea for a new tool. you got tools for laying multiple plots, trees and flowers. How about a tool for laying multiple ponds. I would be willing to pay quite a bit of farmcash for one especially if it would place them in a layered style. Please let me know about this idea. thank you.

Taz D Dec 24 2020 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigercon (Post 6400246)
I got a idea for a new tool. you got tools for laying multiple plots, trees and flowers. How about a tool for laying multiple ponds. I would be willing to pay quite a bit of farmcash for one especially if it would place them in a layered style. Please let me know about this idea. thank you.

Hi Tigercon,
Please post any suggestions in the Suggestion section. You can not start a new thread there but you can reply to a thread that matches the subject for your suggestion. You will not get a response to any suggestion. The only way you will know if they are going to use your suggestion is if it is done for a release.

JCMIT2000 Jan 13 2021 02:44 PM

How can we help?

I've been a beta tester for software in the past. Is there something that the long time players can do to help? Can you give us tasks to perform and test? I have several notes on things I've noticed with what has been released, but there's no place to track your task list. I don't want to inundate the devs with information they already have or don't want.

Fox example: Turbo tools are not calculating their coverage today. I have an 18x18 farm that is all stacked sea coasts, rather than the one info pop up with total fish, total bonus, etc, it's been reporting EACH one ("Caught 122 fish, 95 bonus fish) over and over again for the last ten minutes.

Or You could also do a thread each day with specific tools or tasks you want us to focus on so that the logs coming back are less random?

Just some thoughts. :)

kevat508 Jan 14 2021 06:49 AM

I too have noticed a few little problems. But like JCMIT2000 I think there is no need to bother anyone as there are a lot more important things being done and as the game is transferred all the little glitches will be sorted out.

kevat508 Jan 15 2021 08:01 AM

jj39bws78

If you go here it is explained and the links to report and help are here.

HTML5/WebGL version of the Game
Which is in the Common Problems

Taz D Jan 15 2021 10:24 AM

Closing this thread as it is confusing those trying to get help.

BethFB Jan 17 2021 12:27 PM

Loving the new look!

I am seriously loving how fast FarmTown is loading and everything is looking really good. I just found out that the mail box is working where we can message our fellow farmers.

No factories yet, but the factory manager image is on the tool box faded but visible so it might be coming in another week or two.

Barns are harvest-able right now. Love how we can see how many goods come from each barn.

Manure spreader is operational as is the sprinkler.

The graphics are sharp and clear.

The game loads within thirty seconds instead of a minute in flash.

I am seriously loving the new look of the game.

Many, many thanks to the Techs and to the Owners for keeping this game going.

Beth

Biker Dash Jan 27 2021 06:16 AM

I gotta agree with you, Beth. I am glad that I have returned to this game.
I look forward to the time when we can start working one another's farms and facilities again. Has the gift giving/receiving returned yet? I have yet to try sending anything to any of my friends.

Orx Jan 27 2021 06:22 AM

I agree the game is running so much faster. Worked neighbours farms this morning and it all went smoothly. Thanks Devs and all, you are doing a great job well worth the wait.

Missy Lou Jan 27 2021 12:40 PM

I love that the SN is back. Also that we're checking the weather, taking an umbrella, climbing on the tractor and something about the rooster. LOVE IT!

RandyW7427 Jan 30 2021 06:40 PM

I think it will be much better and much faster once they get everything working again!

Larwin Feb 06 2021 12:06 AM

hello again

I'm back to try this game some more. something about farmtown keeps tugging at my heart again to play. The staff at slashkey always been super awesome to me. I hope co-op quests will work like they did before. If not i will still play when I can. Missed talking to you guys about all my farmtown questions. I hope to be playing at least a couple weeks. something is beautiful about farmtown. Hope all the staff and players stay safe, Larwin

Webs Feb 11 2021 07:01 AM

A big thank you

Having started Farmtown in either 2008 or 2009, I have seen it all. I left for a time when we were topped off at Level 250 and there was not much innovation happening. I left for a time, looking at other games: Farmville (barf), Yoville, Cityville, Island Adventure, Diggy's Adventure, Trainstation, and I am sure there were others. The only good ones I was active in were the last two, but I kept getting drawn back to Farmtown as well. I was initially drawn to it, because I grew up in town in a farming community of 3000 people AND because I am a creative person. I liked being able to design something that was aesthetically pleasing.

Anyway, when I came back, SO MUCH had evolved. It was a bit overwhelming. But I quickly got back into it as I had been before.

Then came Covid. Fortunately we both retired before Covid hit, but with the Covid restrictions, I have spent more time in the game. Then the Flash announcement. And I saw the communication from the devs about the first rewrite and then the communication about not being able to complete the rewrite by January 1, rather turning 90 degrees so we would have a working, though limited, game on January 1. It is so refreshing to see such open communication in the software world!

Through all of my involvement, I have greatly appreciated your ability to provide something that has become more than a game for many. For one, our Farmtown Neighbors group is a community. Secondly, I have a friend I met though Farmtown who is now one of my 5 closest friends in the world.

I appreciate the increasing communication from the team. The opening links & announcement at the top of the screen in Farmtown is great! The patience and concise help given by Raul and many others is a wonderful departure from the "support" I encounter elsewhere.

While many gripe about this feature not available yet or that item not available in the store, most of us understand that this team is in a pressure situation. We appreciate that you are taking time to be sure that something really does work before releasing it. The game is not crashing, and the release progress is steady. I was in programming plus PC support for 25 years, so I understand this aspect better than most players.

I hope that this message can exist somewhere where others still be able to add their thoughts. I know how important it can be to some support staff to hear some positives from time to time amid all the negatives.

Sincerely,

Jamie "Webs" Sweat

harrywhitmore@comcast.net Feb 11 2021 04:55 PM

Best news to date , facility manager coming soon , tyvm

Desperate Feb 11 2021 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webs (Post 6427806)
Having started Farmtown in either 2008 or 2009, I have seen it all. I left for a time when we were topped off at Level 250 and there was not much innovation happening. I left for a time, looking at other games: Farmville (barf), Yoville, Cityville, Island Adventure, Diggy's Adventure, Trainstation, and I am sure there were others. The only good ones I was active in were the last two, but I kept getting drawn back to Farmtown as well. I was initially drawn to it, because I grew up in town in a farming community of 3000 people AND because I am a creative person. I liked being able to design something that was aesthetically pleasing.

Anyway, when I came back, SO MUCH had evolved. It was a bit overwhelming. But I quickly got back into it as I had been before.

Then came Covid. Fortunately we both retired before Covid hit, but with the Covid restrictions, I have spent more time in the game. Then the Flash announcement. And I saw the communication from the devs about the first rewrite and then the communication about not being able to complete the rewrite by January 1, rather turning 90 degrees so we would have a working, though limited, game on January 1. It is so refreshing to see such open communication in the software world!

Through all of my involvement, I have greatly appreciated your ability to provide something that has become more than a game for many. For one, our Farmtown Neighbors group is a community. Secondly, I have a friend I met though Farmtown who is now one of my 5 closest friends in the world.

I appreciate the increasing communication from the team. The opening links & announcement at the top of the screen in Farmtown is great! The patience and concise help given by Raul and many others is a wonderful departure from the "support" I encounter elsewhere.

While many gripe about this feature not available yet or that item not available in the store, most of us understand that this team is in a pressure situation. We appreciate that you are taking time to be sure that something really does work before releasing it. The game is not crashing, and the release progress is steady. I was in programming plus PC support for 25 years, so I understand this aspect better than most players.

I hope that this message can exist somewhere where others still be able to add their thoughts. I know how important it can be to some support staff to hear some positives from time to time amid all the negatives.

Sincerely,

Jamie "Webs" Sweat

I agree. Jamie says it really well! :)