Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

firegold flames Jun 26 2016 04:40 PM

To Rainelogon i just want to ask you , how will encourage old forum member to
rejoin the forum again ? How will you improve the contests here ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6080302)

As far as the forums what would you like to see changed to get more participants in it?
The Forum Guide does have some threads in that to help guide you where to post things in here. Beyond that I am not sure how much easier we can make it.

This forum is my playground but i have lack of time to visit .

Dulcinea Jun 26 2016 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainelogan (Post 6080130)
after 7 years and even sober it's a constant battle to figure out what to post where on these forums. where to find relevant info and/or how to find moved posts. maybe it's simpler for those more familiar with the site but for me it's a struggle and no doubt many with even less patience (they do exist), find it's not worth the effort.

Yeah, when I first playing FT, I was afraid to post. So many rules! Of course, the drawback is there's an awful lot you can't find out about the game unless you read the forum. So when I started playing regularly again this year, I made a habit of visiting the forum everyday, signing in, and clicking on "New Posts" at the top of the page. That brings up a list of all the new posts since your last visit, and since players ask the same questions again and again, it doesn't take long to get up to speed. Plus, you figure out where stuff is suppose to go when someone posts something in the wrong place and the mod comes back and says, "I've moved your post to such and such thread..." It works for keeping tabs on your own posts, too.

ccheney Jun 27 2016 02:46 PM

What I would like to be allowed to post negative feedback as well as positive. It seems every time we post negative feedback the post is removed or the entire thread is locked. I understand removing posts that are hurtful or could incite trouble or locking threads that become a running heated argument but some negative feedback or constructive criticism can be a good thing. How can the devs fix what is wrong if we can't tell them what we dislike about the game?

I do like that there is a discussion on layering now. At one time that was a taboo subject here but since the majority of players stack or layer to some degree I am glad that we can discuss it now up to a point. That point being actually instructing on how to do it.

Taz D Jun 27 2016 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccheney (Post 6080498)
What I would like to be allowed to post negative feedback as well as positive. It seems every time we post negative feedback the post is removed or the entire thread is locked. I understand removing posts that are hurtful or could incite trouble or locking threads that become a running heated argument but some negative feedback or constructive criticism can be a good thing. How can the devs fix what is wrong if we can't tell them what we dislike about the game?

I do like that there is a discussion on layering now. At one time that was a taboo subject here but since the majority of players stack or layer to some degree I am glad that we can discuss it now up to a point. That point being actually instructing on how to do it.

Hi ccheney,
Negative feedback has always been allowed as long as there aren't any personal comments about individuals about Slashkey or any personnel associated with Slashkey. Many negative comments have been made about the NCC and both types of quests and have not been deleted.
If you check the date of the first post for the discussion on layering it is a quite old thread. The only thing still not allowed inb the forums are instructions on how to do any type of layering.

Rainelogan Jun 27 2016 06:33 PM

Quote:

Hi Raine,
If I am understanding your problem you came to ask about for Chrome, this is the relevent information that was posted by the developers in the release for this month:
We just confirmed that the latest update of Chrome introduced a few issues:
a) Some text is thinner and more difficult to read
b) Using the mouse wheel in full screen mode is generating mouse clicks as well
They are aware of the problem and working on a solution.

By "they" that means Google is working on a solution.

bingo. it is a whole other issue the mess that is chrome these days suffice to say i now use two browsers to play this game. i spent a fair bit of time trying to fix what i thought was an issue between my pc and the game before coming across those comments and realising it’s just the browser. reading that saved me more time trying to fix an issue i didn’t have.

the buttons not working while in full screen – i understand that’s a known issue and something being looked at. it occurred to me if more of us commented on these issues, others, like i was, could be spared time and it would help give the devs an indication of how widespread the problem was.

that’s when I got lost.
Quote:

As far as the forums what would you like to see changed to get more participants in it?
The Forum Guide does have some threads in that to help guide you where to post things in here. Beyond that I am not sure how much easier we can make it.

i’m in two minds about offering or not offering suggestions for several reasons, eg;
you’ve a dedicated board for suggestions and last I looked it’s pretty crowded in there.
if my posts get moved to that forum I’ll probably get lost again.
i’m unsure what kinds of suggestions the devs are really interested in and if my time could be better utilized elsewhere.

‘Dulcinea’s’ reply to me in this thread supports what i’m saying too in a round about way. she notes how she was initially afraid to post but time and persistence has paid off for her and I understand she now finds this site a good source of information.

i too find it a good source of information Taz and apologize for implying otherwise. the game guide is especially useful to me and I guess I should get around to reading that forum guide you’ve mentioned. but it’s been 7 years. we’re obviously those ‘persistent’ types I mentioned earlier. should it be this hard? how many don’t bother?

you Taz – this site is your territory. you’ll know it like the back of your hand. your regard for the game and whatever other natural talents you possess make it so and may make it seem easy. the poster, “firegold flames”, he’s in your category. but we’re not all like you guys. we don’t all possess, what shall I call them, “site navigation”, powers. it’s something we have to learn and have to have the inclination to learn. judging by the lack of following here, compared to the amount of players we have, not many, or enough, in my opinion, have that inclination.

i’ve said it before, I think the game itself would benefit from a stronger community. i have this vision where the amount of players we have at any given time is reflected by the level of participants/participation on this forum.

i view the lack of participation on this forum not as a lack of interest, because the numbers, even loosely, don’t stack up, but as reflection on the forum itself. I believe there are more than a few who come here and for various reasons never or rarely come back.

whether people like myself are prepared to invest more than the occasional frustrated rant on the topic depends wholly on whether this particular matter is of any concern to slashkey. perhaps the forum serves their purposes and needs perfectly. just because it wouldn’t make sense to me; it doesn’t have to. i get the opinions and wants of one individual are just a part of a bigger picture.

am I making any sense at all Taz? to me you should want this place to be a little hive of activity and be more user friendly. but maybe it is to you? maybe to you, it’s perfectly fine? if you give me a straight up answer i can stop harping on about it. not the party-line either about all concerns being important to slashkey. ;)

Taz D Jun 27 2016 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainelogan (Post 6080546)
bingo. it is a whole other issue the mess that is chrome these days suffice to say i now use two browsers to play this game. i spent a fair bit of time trying to fix what i thought was an issue between my pc and the game before coming across those comments and realising it’s just the browser. reading that saved me more time trying to fix an issue i didn’t have.

the buttons not working while in full screen – i understand that’s a known issue and something being looked at. it occurred to me if more of us commented on these issues, others, like i was, could be spared time and it would help give the devs an indication of how widespread the problem was.

that’s when I got lost.

i’m in two minds about offering or not offering suggestions for several reasons, eg;
you’ve a dedicated board for suggestions and last I looked it’s pretty crowded in there.
if my posts get moved to that forum I’ll probably get lost again.
i’m unsure what kinds of suggestions the devs are really interested in and if my time could be better utilized elsewhere.

‘Dulcinea’s’ reply to me in this thread supports what i’m saying too in a round about way. she notes how she was initially afraid to post but time and persistence has paid off for her and I understand she now finds this site a good source of information.

i too find it a good source of information Taz and apologize for implying otherwise. the game guide is especially useful to me and I guess I should get around to reading that forum guide you’ve mentioned. but it’s been 7 years. we’re obviously those ‘persistent’ types I mentioned earlier. should it be this hard? how many don’t bother?

you Taz – this site is your territory. you’ll know it like the back of your hand. your regard for the game and whatever other natural talents you possess make it so and may make it seem easy. the poster, “firegold flames”, he’s in your category. but we’re not all like you guys. we don’t all possess, what shall I call them, “site navigation”, powers. it’s something we have to learn and have to have the inclination to learn. judging by the lack of following here, compared to the amount of players we have, not many, or enough, in my opinion, have that inclination.

i’ve said it before, I think the game itself would benefit from a stronger community. i have this vision where the amount of players we have at any given time is reflected by the level of participants/participation on this forum.

i view the lack of participation on this forum not as a lack of interest, because the numbers, even loosely, don’t stack up, but as reflection on the forum itself. I believe there are more than a few who come here and for various reasons never or rarely come back.

whether people like myself are prepared to invest more than the occasional frustrated rant on the topic depends wholly on whether this particular matter is of any concern to slashkey. perhaps the forum serves their purposes and needs perfectly. just because it wouldn’t make sense to me; it doesn’t have to. i get the opinions and wants of one individual are just a part of a bigger picture.

am I making any sense at all Taz? to me you should want this place to be a little hive of activity and be more user friendly. but maybe it is to you? maybe to you, it’s perfectly fine? if you give me a straight up answer i can stop harping on about it. not the party-line either about all concerns being important to slashkey. ;)

Hi Raine,
I appreciate your candidness.
The buttons issue is a also part of the Chrome issue and hopefully Chrome will correst that too soon.
You are right that I am very familiar with how forums and this particular forum program work, because I have spent many years using and working with these types of programs. The problem with this type of program is it is very structured so limits how we can arrange the divisions and subjects. This is why we have the forum divided into Main subject areas (dark blue bars) and then sub headings to try to guide members to the right place to post. I agree that using a forum if you have never used one before can be intimidating. We try to help as much as we can with the very top main subject being New Forum Users. We could leave the forums as 1 big section where every kind of post would be listed, but I think you would agree that would be utter chaos.
As opposed to what you see, I see how many register in the forums every day, and even if they don't ever feel they have a need to post they do come to the forums frequently to read what is here. As long as they are getting the information they are looking for to play the game then they are happy with that.
I am not sure how you would make it more user friendly as you say. The Social section used to be much more active, but nothing has changed there as we have not placed any restrictions on anyone posting there. Only the people have changed and are not using it like it was before.
As far as the Suggestions area goes, your suggestions will not get lost. We keep the number of threads in that section down to where they all show, so sometimes it may seem to be restricted for the subjects. This is the way the developers asked us to set this area up, so they could easily read through the suggestions and choose what they wish to implement. On occasion they will ask us to clear out the posts as they have determined what they can or agree that the suggestions will be added to the game. However, rest assured they do look at each suggestion to see if it can be done and they agree if it is a good idea. The only suggestion that doesn't get considered is the one not posted.
I hope I have answered your questions. Please do read the Forum Guide section as it really isn't long and there is some good information to help you get around the forums.

max_river Jun 27 2016 11:21 PM

I think there use to be more members when my space had farm town. also i think because so many have started groups that they share there info in the groups. i member of one site that i been friends for along time that we have more fun because there are not as many rules

firegold flames Jun 28 2016 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainelogan (Post 6080546)

I have to use the quote to answer your questions . I am happy that you reply :)
Many 3rd party forums do face the same issues/problems , not just our farm town forum because in some forums i attend to , people will tend to tell me that there is no
participation because as you mentioned in the quote "never or rarely come back" , so just our farm town moderators/staffs is facing the same issues .

I understand Taz because i learning from experience 3rd party forum staff, i hope & wish to help Taz & their team but due busy roles in life , i can't , i only help during free time , in 3rd party forum, i am happy to help him/her which i won't be saying too much because of the rules .Taz is dedicated forum staff here on this forum and i can see it :) and i have to agree with Taz under Post 8, no need to say much .

Rainelogan Jun 28 2016 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6080570)
Hi Raine,
I appreciate your candidness.
The buttons issue is a also part of the Chrome issue and hopefully Chrome will correst that too soon.
You are right that I am very familiar with how forums and this particular forum program work, because I have spent many years using and working with these types of programs. The problem with this type of program is it is very structured so limits how we can arrange the divisions and subjects. This is why we have the forum divided into Main subject areas (dark blue bars) and then sub headings to try to guide members to the right place to post. I agree that using a forum if you have never used one before can be intimidating. We try to help as much as we can with the very top main subject being New Forum Users. We could leave the forums as 1 big section where every kind of post would be listed, but I think you would agree that would be utter chaos.
As opposed to what you see, I see how many register in the forums every day, and even if they don't ever feel they have a need to post they do come to the forums frequently to read what is here. As long as they are getting the information they are looking for to play the game then they are happy with that.
I am not sure how you would make it more user friendly as you say. The Social section used to be much more active, but nothing has changed there as we have not placed any restrictions on anyone posting there. Only the people have changed and are not using it like it was before.
As far as the Suggestions area goes, your suggestions will not get lost. We keep the number of threads in that section down to where they all show, so sometimes it may seem to be restricted for the subjects. This is the way the developers asked us to set this area up, so they could easily read through the suggestions and choose what they wish to implement. On occasion they will ask us to clear out the posts as they have determined what they can or agree that the suggestions will be added to the game. However, rest assured they do look at each suggestion to see if it can be done and they agree if it is a good idea. The only suggestion that doesn't get considered is the one not posted.
I hope I have answered your questions. Please do read the Forum Guide section as it really isn't long and there is some good information to help you get around the forums.

thank you for taking the time with that Taz as it really clarifies a lot for me. i know time for responses here have to be considered and measured which didn’t help with the earlier influxes of years past.

“ccheneys” views are shared by me and tie into that too; if i’m reading it correctly the tougher measures evolved from the days of more traffic and granted they were certainly needed then.

if there ever is an opportunity to draw some of those punters back or attract new – maybe those tractors wouldn’t be so pricey.

Rainelogan Jun 28 2016 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max_river (Post 6080574)
I think there use to be more members when my space had farm town. also i think because so many have started groups that they share there info in the groups. i member of one site that i been friends for along time that we have more fun because there are not as many rules

true i forgot about my space - wonder how many made the switch.

mick-jolly Jul 09 2016 05:42 AM

I use production chain then i can find what i want in a order that i can follow. Could never work the other one out as it kept changing when the utilisation went up or down of a facility.

LazyMare Jul 09 2016 09:30 AM

If it's any help I sort alphabeticaly to find the facilities I only have 1 of (generally the FC ones), by Production chain when I want to fill all facilities and by utilisation when am only filling some facilities (for NCC)
By experimenting everyone finds the way that works best for them :)

Vivienne57 Jul 10 2016 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne (Post 6067782)
Hi Shnookims,

No idea why not, but it Facebook hasn't rolled it out to everyone. Some have it , some don't.

Where is the Farm Town chat so I can check if I've got it or not...thanks

Taz D Jul 10 2016 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vivienne57 (Post 6084146)
Where is the Farm Town chat so I can check if I've got it or not...thanks

Hi Vivienne,
It is not a Farm Town chat. It is a Chat that Facebook set up on the side for games. However, they have not rolled it out to everyone. You would need to talk to Facebook as it has nothing to do with Farm Town and is not a product of Farm Town.

PamC Jul 11 2016 07:41 AM

FarmTown

They need to get an app for Farm Town on tablets. My computer is to slow to do things on so I don't play as much as I would like.

firegold flames Jul 11 2016 08:37 AM

never heard before , what is this mean ?, i hope Taz will send a message or anything he know about it.(through PM or what/so-ever)

Taz D Jul 11 2016 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firegold flames (Post 6084278)
never heard before , what is this mean ?, i hope Taz will send a message or anything he know about it.(through PM or what/so-ever)

Hi firegold flames,
Taz does know anything about the Live Chat. That is a Facebook thing and I have never had it come up for me. Supposedly it is a group chat that shows to the right side of the farm page and is for all games. That is all I know.

Dulcinea Jul 11 2016 03:09 PM

It comes up for me in all my browsers except Chrome, where it's blocked by an add-on. People generally use it to help each other out. They post links on how to do stuff, neighbor requests, work requests, bonuses and ingredient requests. But mostly they just shoot the breeze and chat about whatever. I occasionally post my bonuses there if I think it's something people actually want, but I don't hang out there much myself. It seems the people who do already know one another because they also work one another's facilities. For the most part, in so far as I've observed, they seem like a nice group of players. :)

Gee Winger Jul 14 2016 07:34 PM

Baited fish

I am having an issue coming up with enough bait for my fish. If I were to place a fish farm on every one of my farms, I will never be able to generate enough bait. I have tried the free gifts but still if I work 24 hours gifting I can not get enough. I need a way to generate 7 to 12 million bait a day. The new boats really made the harvest easy! Now what to do about bait. If we can get manure wagons that do the entire set of farms, can't we have a similar bait. I am willing to buy the bait each day. A million bait for a a million coins will work for me.

Allykat Jul 15 2016 05:15 PM

suggestions and ideas

Hi I am not sure if it would be possible but I would love to see a means of ticking on ideas/suggestions that I and others are interested in.

I spend a lot of time trying to find posts that are of interest and then to find the same ideas/suggestions posted multiple times. Where if you could just go and tick the ones you agree with this would also help the devs to quickly see the most popular ones to work on.

Cheers:)

Taz D Jul 15 2016 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allykat (Post 6085370)
Hi I am not sure if it would be possible but I would love to see a means of ticking on ideas/suggestions that I and others are interested in.

I spend a lot of time trying to find posts that are of interest and then to find the same ideas/suggestions posted multiple times. Where if you could just go and tick the ones you agree with this would also help the devs to quickly see the most popular ones to work on.

Cheers:)

Hi Allykat,
I am afraid that is not possible as this forum program does not have any capability for something like that, just as we can't add a like button. We can't allow comments or replies on suggestions either to keep the Suggestions section as clean and neat as possible for the developers.

Fran Barrett Jul 16 2016 11:57 AM

Those dots

Thank you, I, too, was searching for what the dots are.

bbbjwilson Jul 21 2016 10:31 AM

Scarce product production

Hello Farmers and Admin...I have a dilemma ----
A full run of my factories etc. require:
7550 potpourri...I have 1 Air Freshener Factory and it produces 200 potpourri per 24 hours = 38 factories needed
2392 FT Beer...I have 1 Brewery and it produces 200 per 24 hours= 11 needed factories
2295 Leather Rolls...1 Semi Truck produces 624 per 24 hours...I have 6 Semi Trucks which should produce 3744 rolls per 24 hours and does not. (I own the ordering station so get twice as much)
888 Kevlar...1 Semi Truck produces 240 per 24 hours...I have 6 Semi Trucks which should produce 1440 Kevlar per 24 hours...and does not
1605 Pearl Oysters...200 per 24 hours...I have 6 Fish Farming Plants= 9 factories needed
We cannot work the Semi Trucks and the Fish Farming Plant. I work at least between 5 and 6 neighbor’s farms each day. We cannot buy any of these items in the market nor buy a train car. What in the world is going on here? I really need some answers before I spend any more of my hard earned money.
Thanks

Tiger Jul 21 2016 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbjwilson (Post 6086866)
Hello Farmers and Admin...I have a dilemma ----
A full run of my factories etc. require:
7550 potpourri...I have 1 Air Freshener Factory and it produces 200 potpourri per 24 hours = 38 factories needed
2392 FT Beer...I have 1 Brewery and it produces 200 per 24 hours= 11 needed factories
2295 Leather Rolls...1 Semi Truck produces 624 per 24 hours...I have 6 Semi Trucks which should produce 3744 rolls per 24 hours and does not. (I own the ordering station so get twice as much)
888 Kevlar...1 Semi Truck produces 240 per 24 hours...I have 6 Semi Trucks which should produce 1440 Kevlar per 24 hours...and does not
1605 Pearl Oysters...200 per 24 hours...I have 6 Fish Farming Plants= 9 factories needed
We cannot work the Semi Trucks and the Fish Farming Plant. I work at least between 5 and 6 neighbor’s farms each day. We cannot buy any of these items in the market nor buy a train car. What in the world is going on here? I really need some answers before I spend any more of my hard earned money.
Thanks

Hi bbbjwilson,

There are many facilities that require multiples of another facility to meet it's demands. The more facilities that are added over time, the more you may need from other facilities. This is nothing new. The mistake many make is to buy another or duplicate facilty without first checking what it is going to need to supply it. If the needs come from another FC facility then they might think again before purchasing it if they do not want to spend the FC.

The pearl oysters is a particularly good example. You need a considerable amount of those just to meet the requirements of the two products made in the artisan jewelry studio. Personally with these, because i do not wish to buy more fish farming plants, i turn off the production of the 2 products and let my supply of pearl oysters build back up then i start making them again.

To check the leather rolls, check your storage amounts and then store leather from one of the semi trailers and then check storage again to see if they made it there. If they did not try reloading the game and then check again.

If you wish to make a suggestions to increased production in any of the facilities you need to post them in the suggestions area of the forum where the developers will look. Here's the link to the Suggestions area of the forum....
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

bbbjwilson Jul 21 2016 11:38 AM

So turn off products in a facility you have paid farm cash for, forgo the xp involved because the products are scarce? hahahahahaha---I tried to leave a suggestion for the developers and my access was denied...why?
Thanks.

Tiger Jul 21 2016 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbjwilson (Post 6086890)
So turn off products in a facility you have paid farm cash for, forgo the xp involved because the products are scarce? hahahahahaha---I tried to leave a suggestion for the developers and my access was denied...why?
Thanks.

LOL like i said, that's just what i choose to do, I am not in desperate need for those extra xp or coins and I by no means speak for everyone, others may do different and will let you know if they want.

You can not start a "New Thread" in suggestions, what you do is find one with a title that most suits your idea and then post in the reply box at the bottom.

bbbjwilson Jul 21 2016 11:51 AM

I did as you asked and wrote down the number of stored items for leather roll. The first one I loaded had 364 items produced. I went to my storage and it wasn't stored...so I refreshed and came back and checked. They were not stored as was the Kevlar. I went back to my semi's and tried it twice more and none were stored. This needs to be fixed. Thanks.

Tiger Jul 21 2016 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbjwilson (Post 6086902)
I did as you asked and wrote down the number of stored items for leather roll. The first one I loaded had 364 items produced. I went to my storage and it wasn't stored...so I refreshed and came back and checked. They were not stored as was the Kevlar. I went back to my semi's and tried it twice more and none were stored. This needs to be fixed. Thanks.

Hi bbbjwilson,

We're checking into this. If we find a problem we will send it off.

Edit to Add >>

Please try clearing your FT memcache. To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and try storing again. That should correct it for the next time you store.

bbbjwilson Jul 21 2016 12:37 PM

I cleared the memcache and repeated the process from above. None were stored. This has been going on since the last upgrade. Thanks

Tiger Jul 21 2016 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbjwilson (Post 6086914)
I cleared the memcache and repeated the process from above. None were stored. This has been going on since the last upgrade. Thanks

Hi bbbjwilson,

We are not getting the same problem so can't reproduce it and no-one else is reporting it so far. Can you please contact support with this as they may have others with the same problem. To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

karnott57 Jul 23 2016 06:49 PM

new tool

I was having the same problem until I bought the new 4x gifter. It does cost farmcash, but it's the best purchase, besides the pink turbo, that I have done so far! If you have that tool it will multiply by 4 the number of gifts you are sent. So that means, for every gift of 400 bait, you actually get 1600. I also have the autoclicker for the free gift site, so I can rack up bait quickly. I downloaded a cool million bait, and only had to click on 5 pages of gifts to get it! Buy the gifter...it's worth it!

Gee Winger Jul 24 2016 02:24 AM

These options really are not possible for me. Unless the FT development team expands the game again. I do not use my real money for games. And the free gift site is too slow. If I had all the time in the world, it would still be too slow. I need 12 million bait per day. I have found that a super neighbor with all the options on will harvest all large fish. With the Dan Degree Multiplier the harvest is really nice. But with this many fish, a stranger can harvest a fairly good payout. I would rather have a bait store to buy bait from to double the harvest.

Shantily Aug 03 2016 12:43 PM

Got milk? I don't produce enough to support all my facilities. Is there a formula for how many dairy sheds I need to fully stock the dairy processing and the ice cream factory? I have 12 dairy sheds. Right now i just make cheese and whipped cream. Cheese is also difficult to get enough of. The ratios change with each new facility its hard to keep track :(

Taz D Aug 03 2016 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shantily (Post 6090082)
Got milk? I don't produce enough to support all my facilities. Is there a formula for how many dairy sheds I need to fully stock the dairy processing and the ice cream factory? I have 12 dairy sheds. Right now i just make cheese and whipped cream. Cheese is also difficult to get enough of. The ratios change with each new facility its hard to keep track :(

Hi shantily,
The ingredient planner can tell you how much you need for a full loading of your facilities by setting the filter to 15 days. Beyond that the variables are how often you harvest your dairies, how often you fill your facilities, how many times a week you post them and how many work your facilities. I find that many try to fill and post too often and then can't keep up with the demand for the basic items they need for filling the facilities.

Shantily Aug 03 2016 12:56 PM

I'm at maxed level 750 so i dont work them very much anymore. just plant crops :) but when the new levels come out i want to be at full capacity on as much as i can :) i can go and harvest my dairies and still not have enough milk to do 2 dairies and 2 ice cream shops..100%i mean.. and the cheese production is way off. never enough to fill the facilities that require it..

Taz D Aug 03 2016 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shantily (Post 6090090)
I'm at maxed level 750 so i dont work them very much anymore. just plant crops :) but when the new levels come out i want to be at full capacity on as much as i can :) i can go and harvest my dairies and still not have enough milk to do 2 dairies and 2 ice cream shops..100%i mean.. and the cheese production is way off. never enough to fill the facilities that require it..

Hi Shantily,
I have 5 regular and 1 super dairy barn, 4 dairy processing plants and 2 ice cream factories. I harvest my dairy barns twice a day (ready every 8 hours). I post my facilities and services once a day. I am only making cheese and sour cream at the moment. I have a surplus of 223,000 milk.
Only thing I can offer is to not make some of the products that use milk for a while to build back up your supply of milk.
You can make a suggestion in the Suggestion section to increase the production of milk. You cannot start a new thread in that section, but you can reply to a thread that fits your suggestion.

nanatoni Aug 07 2016 01:30 AM

I just have a question and am not sure where to ask it, so in here it goes.
Brussel Sprouts, and Dragon Fruit are crops that are not currently used.
Brussel Sprouts have been a "dead" crop almost from the start of FT.
Is there any plan to incorporate these crops into products/food items anytime soon.
Yes, I know many plant a lot of their farms to reap the high cash value to build up coin, but seems they're just taking up space. Just curious. Thanks

Taz D Aug 07 2016 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nanatoni (Post 6091502)
I just have a question and am not sure where to ask it, so in here it goes.
Brussel Sprouts, and Dragon Fruit are crops that are not currently used.
Brussel Sprouts have been a "dead" crop almost from the start of FT.
Is there any plan to incorporate these crops into products/food items anytime soon.
Yes, I know many plant a lot of their farms to reap the high cash value to build up coin, but seems they're just taking up space. Just curious. Thanks

Hi nanatoni,
Only the developers know if they will ever use the brussel sprouts and they don't tell us any plans until they are released in an update.

MOM GLENDA Aug 08 2016 11:53 AM

do not know if this is the correct place to post this .i wish that when we get new crops.the bonuses would not all come time we start planting .i max out cannot get all who click mine.wish you would wait give us the 6 and 7th later .also please increase the amt of felt made. bought more textile mills did not help me so i unchecked things i making with felt to get it up.think i got 7 textile mills now.thanks for a great game

Dulcinea Aug 08 2016 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOM GLENDA (Post 6091786)
also please increase the amt of felt made. bought more textile mills did not help me so i unchecked things i making with felt to get it up.think i got 7 textile mills now.thanks for a great game

I had to do that with my plastic granules. I ran out, so I unchecked everything that used plastic granules until I had a good supply. It seems from working my neighbors' facilities that most people do that. I've noticed how they'll have their facilities maxed out except for items that need a scarce ingredient.