Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

rocker grrrrrl Jun 10 2012 07:25 PM

Will there be more trains in the future? Maybe for, say, meat products?

ghostkitten Jun 10 2012 07:26 PM

Biggest waste of FC out of everything,,,,,,,Biggest disappointment out of all the new releases......

jcassemjr Jun 10 2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghostkitten (Post 5185974)
Biggest waste of FC out of everything,,,,,,,Biggest disappointment out of all the new releases......

The train meets the need of the only item I am ever out of in Farm Town, and that is paper rolls. So I am not disappointed at all. I like that it wasn't an instant fulfillment. It will still leave the need for strategy, especially around the time of new releases. Won't want to dispatch a train if a release is pending or expected in the next couple of days. I won't want to miss out on the opportunity to add new cars from a new release that I might want to dispatch.

If players read the releases, this is just the beginning of the possibilities of the trains. The release hits that we may have multiple trains going in the future, multiple copies of the same boxes on the trains, and the ability for neighbors to work the trains. I hope they focus on the key items used from each facility when developing the box cars, ike the Paper Rolls in the paper mill.

Debbie_T Jun 10 2012 07:47 PM

Trains

I love the trains and I see alot of room for growth with them and surely they will have a button to make them go faster.:) A week is a very long time to wait, you know how impatient we are. I am loving FT even more than ever!!! I am not so patiently waiting for seeds, trees, and in a week the facilities. LOVE the trains!!!!:)

CynthiaSue Jun 10 2012 08:08 PM

Dont guess they have a train yet that would give me anything I really want. My problem is keeping up with hen eggs and llama wool and canvas. The items in these trains, I rarely run out of. In fact, not sure I ever run out of them. I suppose it is a cool idea, but pretty costly for the little it appears you get. Perhaps they will come out with a train that gives me something that I need, and I will try it out.

KnightRider Jun 10 2012 08:11 PM

Starting out the trains isn't bad, I do hope like it read in the release there could be more cars added later for more items, like a refer car for milk, eggs, cheese, and other refrigerated items, plus if they do make it so you can have more than one train going at once. Now just need the rest of the tracks that was suggested.

FarmerMcLashwood Jun 10 2012 08:14 PM

Don't like the way they go translucent.... look ghostly....... and if you have incorporated it into your farm design spoils it somewhat.

meacara Jun 10 2012 08:20 PM

I cannot get a train, as I cannot afford it and they don't bring anything I'd need. But if I did ever run out of flour and such - why would you require a Stone Windmill instead of a regular one? This is just another example where the dev's are greedy.

Petuniaflower Jun 10 2012 09:05 PM

Can't remember..exactly how this lil ditty goes..But something like this..You can please some people part of the time...some..some of the time..and none all of the time...like all else in the world..Farmers here....are diverse...each one of us..having ..our own agenda..what we like..what we get out of it...Poor DEV's..can't please..me all the time..because what pleases me..would bother you...so I guess..they hope they please the majority....If I had known..of the Ghost Train..I would have made a Ghost Town..:rolleyes:..I am just happy..to have found a game..that meet's most of my needs..;)

KnightRider Jun 10 2012 09:12 PM

In another thread I believe it was Matt88 said something about when you open up the train each boxcar would have a list of items that the boxcar could carry and you would have a limit and you could mark which items in that boxcar you wanted up to the limit. That sounded like a good idea maybe if somehow the dev's could change the boxcars to something like that. This way different farmers could get different things from each boxcar and it should make most of the farmers happy, maybe not all, but maybe a lot of them.

SeniorCornwall Jun 10 2012 09:13 PM

Trains

I was somewhat disappointed with the train contents as well. Was hoping for the stuff we keep running out of like chicken, meat, and the like.... I would imagine in time other boxcars can get added, and there is a button to speed up the trains that is for future usage.. :) As it is, all the stuff being carried can be made on one's farm if you load up on trees, and crops - and double up on some of the factories (ex. Paper mill, glass works, rubber, etc). I think I am up to 6 paper mills and no longer run out of paper rolls :)

On a side note, I have purchased them all and will keep it going to make some extra cash. Figure it costs me 3.5 million to fill them, and if all I do is sell the products for what they are worth (5.5 million) I make an extra 1.9 million coins every 7 days. Beats the interest rate on spare coins laying around. I am running my farms as a business - and avoid the pretty stuff. Needs to be functional and give me an ROI :)

Best bang is the Long Two Door Boxcar (profit of 252%), then Long OneDoor Boxcar (54%) and then Long container (42%).

Just another take....

Senior Cornwall

SeniorCornwall Jun 10 2012 09:17 PM

Trains

P.S. Was holding off on buying more trucks for the meat goods, but guess I am going to need a truck on every farm to see if my carnivorus side can be met :)

Senior Cornwall

max_river Jun 10 2012 09:23 PM

not worth it for me i have a stock pile of all the things the trains are offering. could you pls do some of trains for coin for people like me who would like them for decorations.

HelenJS22 Jun 10 2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petuniaflower (Post 5186250)
Can't remember..exactly how this lil ditty goes..But something like this..You can please some people part of the time...some..some of the time..and none all of the time...like all else in the world..Farmers here....are diverse...each one of us..having ..our own agenda..what we like..what we get out of it...Poor DEV's..can't please..me all the time..because what pleases me..would bother you...so I guess..they hope they please the majority....If I had known..of the Ghost Train..I would have made a Ghost Town..:rolleyes:..I am just happy..to have found a game..that meet's most of my needs..;)

LOL - Now there is a use for a freight train - turn it into a ghost train on a halloween farm :D :D :D

HelenJS22 Jun 10 2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max_river (Post 5186326)
not worth it for me i have a stock pile of all the things the trains are offering. could you pls do some of trains for coin for people like me who would like them for decorations.

Max, go and revisit the 'trains' tab in the store. The freight locomotive is for coins, and there are the same container and box cars - just a little shorter also for coins, so you could have your decorative freight train and pay no farm cash.

max_river Jun 10 2012 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelenJS22 (Post 5186390)
Max, go and revisit the 'trains' tab in the store. The freight locomotive is for coins, and there are the same container and box cars - just a little shorter also for coins, so you could have your decorative freight train and pay no farm cash.

ty did not see it at the time the kids where running around will check it ty

HelenJS22 Jun 10 2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max_river (Post 5186402)
ty did not see it at the time the kids where running around will check it ty

You're welcome. I know what it's like trying to play on my farm with my little grandson 'helping' :D

driverdave Jun 10 2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meacara (Post 5186094)
I cannot get a train, as I cannot afford it and they don't bring anything I'd need. But if I did ever run out of flour and such - why would you require a Stone Windmill instead of a regular one? This is just another example where the dev's are greedy.

If you look at the math to do with the stone windmill.......you will find it is a lot more efficient than the red ones.......in the red ones u put 10 wheat and get 5 flour........in the stone mill you put 10 wheat and get 15 flour so thus you will get more flour per wheat with a stone mill and that means you dont have to plant wheat as often .

Farmer Homer Jun 10 2012 10:58 PM

I think the trains are ok for those who need more items and do not want to buy or don't have room for extra facilities. I see a lot of potential, this is just the first offering. I do wish the train cars were a little less expensive, maybe 20 FC instead of 35. Otherwise I hope they add additional items to the existing cars to make it worthwhile.

I bought one train locomotive and the coin cars for my train farm, looks great! I turned the road on my industrial park farm into a track, bought a second locomotive and put my "ghost" train on that one. I only hooked up the cars I needed and left the others on my train farm until needed. I like that it fades away until it returns to the station, kind of neat.

I'm waiting for the math experts to break down how much product is brought in to see if the train is more efficient than buying an extra facility or two.

I'm looking forward to logging car, refrigerated cars, ore cars, one for hauling metal, tanker cars, etc.

I'd also like to see a passenger train that each car could be a facility, parlor car could sell soft drinks, hard drinks, snacks, playing cards. Diner car, lounge car, spa car, etc.

kataltay Jun 11 2012 12:19 AM

Please, please, please get rid of the ghost effect on the working trains!!! It serves no real purpose to have them displayed like this, except to take away from the look of a farm!! Come on, devs, we know the tool is working! We loaded and dispatched it, remember? Same as we load the semi and send it transporting goods. We know the semi is doing its thing. We know the facilities are doing their things too. So it is actually senseless to have these long awaited, much hyped trains fade out of visibility.

And, I said this before, too. But now there is a specific thread just for the freight trains, so I will say it here : Give us the ability to MOVE our trains from one place on the farm to another!! What is the rationale behind locking it immobile?? The semi can be moved around, even with a load of stuff in transit!! Why can't the train??? I just seem to be missing the logic in the set-up of this new freight train, because I personally do not appreciate that something I paid 105 fc for cannot be moved where I want it to go, at any given time, whether it is dispatched or not, and I less appreciate that it has a ghost effect applied to it! One only needs to read the ream of posts on the June 1 Update thread to realize the vast majority of players feel very disappointed with the freight train, for so many reasons. While I appreciate some aspects of the feature cannot be simply undone, changed, reversed, whatever, I certainly believe, based on your success in the past (recent and distant), that the transparency can be removed, and the inability to move the cars can also be changed.

Taz D Jun 11 2012 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driverdave (Post 5186490)
If you look at the math to do with the stone windmill.......you will find it is a lot more efficient than the red ones.......in the red ones u put 10 wheat and get 5 flour........in the stone mill you put 10 wheat and get 15 flour so thus you will get more flour per wheat with a stone mill and that means you dont have to plant wheat as often .

Only thing I am wondering is why require the facilities such as the Stone Wind Mill? If I have that then I don't need to have the train car for flour. The Water Mill and coffee mills are both coin facilities, so no problem getting them and more than one if needed. This requirement just doesn't make sense.
The train cars for any item in it should not require a facility to buy it period.
Also they definately need to make it where we can choose which items available we want and limit the car to a specific number over all so we can get more of the items we really need and less or none of those we don't.

maggiel29 Jun 11 2012 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelenJS22 (Post 5186330)
LOL - Now there is a use for a freight train - turn it into a ghost train on a halloween farm :D :D :D

Ha ha - good idea!!! I hate it ghosting tho - the semis dont

Cropper Jun 11 2012 05:27 AM

Oh wow, I wish I had the FC to buy these for the transparency look alone! lol I bought the coins cars in the hope they'd be transparent but they're not, awww :-)

Taz D Jun 11 2012 11:34 AM

Dear Slashkey;
This is to inform you that you are in non-compliance with railroad safety regulations. All steam trains are required to have a caboose as the last car on any train consist. Please correct this oversight imediately.

Railroad Safety Commission

bayoubes Jun 11 2012 11:35 AM

Any hope they will put the rotation on all the trains, trains do travel across and up, not just down. Seems like the devs lost the rotation template lately, seems the last 3 updates, things no longer have a rotation to them.

Taz D Jun 11 2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bayoubes (Post 5187194)
Any hope they will put the rotation on all the trains, trains do travel across and up, not just down. Seems like the devs lost the rotation template lately, seems the last 3 updates, things no longer have a rotation to them.

Raul did say we would have 4 or 8 rotations for the trains....didn't say when.

bayoubes Jun 11 2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 5187206)
Raul did say we would have 4 or 8 rotations for the trains....didn't say when.

I noticed they hadn't said WHEN!! Was hoping they would have put in the normal 2 rotations while they figure out how to do 4 to 8. Seems like the devs has gone to doing things the hard, longer way of doing things instead of doing it the simple way. Take the trains, if they would have just made each car work like the truck, they would have accomplished the same thing instead of creating a complicated way they did. Would have saved themselves a lot of time and headaches. I wonder how much they spent in headache pain killers, lol.

StoneFace Jun 11 2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 5187186)
Dear Slashkey;
This is to inform you that you are in non-compliance with railroad safety regulations. All steam trains are required to have a caboose as the last car on any train consist. Please correct this oversight imediately.

yeah, what he said....

where are we supposed to play cards???

EveningAllTim Jun 11 2012 12:52 PM

Hi Slashkey,

the train and goods is an excellent way of basically getting more facilities produce after looking at the costs from the yield in its forthcoming 7 day wonder...yes wonder not wander! then we might have a ROI to work out on whether its worth it officially or not or should we just buy another facility?

I think this is grossly unfair on the people that cannot afford the devices and a coin option should be provided lets face it 4-5 billion coins is not good for farmers either. I think the value is far too costly and I shall be really reserved in purchasing anymore, a white elephant maybe, I agree with an earlier comment the 'devs' and maybe yourselves might not be so in touch as to what people run out off and that is key to their purchasing habits and needs this should be targeted firstly as it maximises your income prospectively

i believe like i tested after purchasing two box cars and dispatching it that one could add a third after adding it could not re-dispatch that not that i particularly wanted these pigments and glass items, but took it for the working knowledge to assist people in Groups.

What happened to the alternative views as well! another boost tool to make more money and needs not so sure what the ROI for the farmers shall be on that one! otherwise a big money spinner for Slashkey, it seems.

Sandy Mae Jun 11 2012 01:18 PM

I like the trains. They look great and will be a nice addition to what is needed on the whole farm. The only thing that made me nuts is The long container car I can not buy it will only let me send. The other is the ghost train. I wanted to move it to the side of the farm. I guess I have to wait the whole week to move it to the side. But in general I LOVE IT!!! Thanks to the devs and of course Raul!!!!

Texas Belle Jun 11 2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maggiel29 (Post 5186794)
Ha ha - good idea!!! I hate it ghosting tho - the semis dont

The ghost runway train.... good idea for a ghost town... LOL

Texas Belle Jun 11 2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 5187186)
Dear Slashkey;

And let it be a RED caboose with no discoloring!!

Taz D Jun 11 2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Mae (Post 5187294)
I like the trains. They look great and will be a nice addition to what is needed on the whole farm. The only thing that made me nuts is The long container car I can not buy it will only let me send. The other is the ghost train. I wanted to move it to the side of the farm. I guess I have to wait the whole week to move it to the side. But in general I LOVE IT!!! Thanks to the devs and of course Raul!!!!

Sandy make sure you are on the farem where the facility is and have a locomotive there too. Then refresh your farm. That should unlock it.

pythonis Jun 11 2012 07:27 PM

I thought the trains would be for people to put extra goods into for a small payment then the cars of the train(s) would randomly show up in the market or on peoples farms for people to look at what that train car has available and buy what they need up to their limit.

meacara Jun 12 2012 06:59 AM

That doesn't address the question

Quote:

Originally Posted by driverdave (Post 5186490)

I already knew that. My question is more why require a FC item for the trains when there is a coin equivalent. Why should I need to buy a stone windmill, and pay extra FC to get a working train when a regular red windmill would be sufficient?

Tony D Jun 12 2012 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meacara (Post 5188330)
I already knew that. My question is more why require a FC item for the trains when there is a coin equivalent. Why should I need to buy a stone windmill, and pay extra FC to get a working train when a regular red windmill would be sufficient?

Hi, sorry but no one here can really answer that question , it is simply the way the developers have set it up. The only thing I can suggest is that you post in the Suggestion section and suggest they allow the red windmill to be sufficient to allow you to purchase the freight car.

dkarnie Jun 12 2012 07:50 AM

I am loving the trains. Got mine all set up with 3 carriers and look forward to more enhancements to carry more products like milk, eggs, sugar etc. Things we all run out of often. Also planted the new cashew tree's and the lemon grass. I enjoy playing FT.

dmcoppock Jun 12 2012 08:10 AM

Sorry, but I fall into the what a waste of money category! It's not that I don't want to spend money on the game, I have spent a couple hundred on it already and will spend more. If they come out with cars that will carry things that I acctually run out of I might get it, but pigments??? really??? I make them once a week or 2 and have plenty. I have to have 5 textile and spinning mills to keep up with canvas - now that is a need. Please come out with a car that carries items which demand more than 2 facilities to keep up.

rjohn726 Jun 12 2012 08:11 AM

Trains, as I see it are the beginning of a long and new journey in Farm Town. There are many things that can be done with those trains in the future.

As of now those Trains are just a new element in this game and I encourage the developers to continue on in that journey which may be in different arenas than we are thinking.

I see bigger farms in the future as well as bigger towns, therefore Trains that move stuff I feel are great.

amfdavis21003 Jun 12 2012 10:29 AM

Although some may like them, after reading the guide on Trains and what is being offered at this time, I think I will pass. I was expecting them to offer more of in-demand things such as silk rolls, canvas rolls, lumber, and cheese first (some of the ones I have the most trouble keeping a good stock of). If these are offered in the future, I may reconsider.
With the exception of the Paper Roll (which recently became more in demand because of the Post office supply factory), I am well-stocked on everything the trains are offering at this time because I have spent a lot of time planning my production line/farms/crops over time. But, I also don't feel the need to post facilities everyday, or play everyday anymore. But that's just the way I play and my opinion. Happy Farming everyone!