Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

priscillar Jul 13 2014 02:26 PM

I have 12 sawmills and would like to move one of them to another farm but the only way I can do this is to uncheck all the items and do 11 of them manually until the one I want to move is empty. By that time I would be running out of 'stuff'. Wish there was a way to move a loaded facility to another farm.

Taz D Jul 13 2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by priscillar (Post 5846878)
I have 12 sawmills and would like to move one of them to another farm but the only way I can do this is to uncheck all the items and do 11 of them manually until the one I want to move is empty. By that time I would be running out of 'stuff'. Wish there was a way to move a loaded facility to another farm.

Let them get worked down to a low enough level you feel you can afford to lose and then move it and refill. I am not sure how many you have work your facilities, but I have enough work mine I empty them or at least close enough within one day.

c.abell Jul 15 2014 09:57 PM

Oak Lumber production too low

I have 23 sawmills and 2 lumber train cars and still cannot produce enough Oak Lumber to support my facilities. Please increase the production of Oak Lumber. Thank you.

maddshots Jul 16 2014 10:54 AM

Redundant icons on the farm page

It was bad enough to have that creepy eye on my farm. I have to be so careful now to avoid it when planting it makes me crazy. Now I have another totally redundant and unnecessary icon for quests and when I accidentally click even close to it my quest box opens and I have to close it and reopen my tool box to go back to planting.
This redundancy is ridiculous. The toolbox contains these items! Why must we continuously have to avoid them on the farm page? An upgrade is supposed to make things better, not worse! :confused::(

KnightRider Jul 16 2014 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddshots (Post 5848810)
It was bad enough to have that creepy eye on my farm. I have to be so careful now to avoid it when planting it makes me crazy. Now I have another totally redundant and unnecessary icon for quests and when I accidentally click even close to it my quest box opens and I have to close it and reopen my tool box to go back to planting.
This redundancy is ridiculous. The toolbox contains these items! Why must we continuously have to avoid them on the farm page? An upgrade is supposed to make things better, not worse! :confused::(

To you the icons is not needed, but there are other players (like me) out there that might like that icon telling them when they can start a quest and when they can collect coins for a quest so that the game is made better, and the eye it makes it easier to go from hidden to dimmed, I don't mind them there since I use full screen they are not in my way.

maddshots Jul 16 2014 03:02 PM

Icons on farm

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightRider (Post 5848854)
To you the icons is not needed, but there are other players (like me) out there that might like that icon telling them when they can start a quest and when they can collect coins for a quest so that the game is made better, and the eye it makes it easier to go from hidden to dimmed, I don't mind them there since I use full screen they are not in my way.

I also use full screen as I am on a laptop and they DO show on my screen and I frequently accidentally hit them.

Dad Shadow Jul 17 2014 12:38 AM

Why not make it 'moveable' ?.
I set up the tools i use for the bottom bar.
The EYE and QUEST icons, if moveable, you could put there.
I don't use quests and it is in the way.

Grammy 11 Jul 17 2014 08:38 AM

Incorrectly names crop

In the course of doing a quest step I found that my GINGER crop was labeled GINSENG. After replanting the crop it is still labeled ginseng, as is the correct ginseng field. Are any other crops incorrectly labeled? I am sure this can be quickly corrected. Thank you.

By the way, my other ginger field is correctly named. I hope if I clear and replow the problem will go away.

Petuniaflower Jul 17 2014 12:31 PM

I have a question

When selecting to go to another farm,and the whole game reloads.Though it lands on the right farm.
are others having the same issue.I assume it is the server having to refresh itself.

On another note.My computer isn't that old.For the past month,been bothered by ad's. there would be a ad on both sides of the forum.AD'S AD'S AD'S.And I had virus protection.On my own(scary) I did what my eldest son did on it once.And him not here to know what to do.I backed my computer back to how it was when I bought it.Clears all the files,but that is no problem.I have Farmtown,Facebook,and banking mostly to put back on.Well I want ya to know,the AD'S are gone.I swear I will not ever check news,weather anything else on the internet,because going there had to be how i got the ad's.'Just in case anyone one else is having the problem.

Had my fingers and leg crossed hoping I wasn't going to BLOW UP my computer....

Taz D Jul 17 2014 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petuniaflower (Post 5849366)
When selecting to go to another farm,and the whole game reloads.Though it lands on the right farm.
are others having the same issue.I assume it is the server having to refresh itself.

On another note.My computer isn't that old.For the past month,been bothered by ad's. there would be a ad on both sides of the forum.AD'S AD'S AD'S.And I had virus protection.On my own(scary) I did what my eldest son did on it once.And him not here to know what to do.I backed my computer back to how it was when I bought it.Clears all the files,but that is no problem.I have Farmtown,Facebook,and banking mostly to put back on.Well I want ya to know,the AD'S are gone.I swear I will not ever check news,weather anything else on the internet,because going there had to be how i got the ad's.'Just in case anyone one else is having the problem. That would be preferable to resetting your computer back that far.

The ads come from malware and not viruses. You need to 8install an anti-malware program such as Malwarebytes. Then if the ads start showing up you can run that and remove the malware causing the ads.

Petuniaflower Jul 17 2014 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 5849370)
The ads come from malware and not viruses. You need to 8install an anti-malware program such as Malwarebytes. Then if the ads start showing up you can run that and remove the malware causing the ads.

Just did as you advised. :D

Qivis Jul 18 2014 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petuniaflower (Post 5849366)

On another note.My computer isn't that old.For the past month,been bothered by ad's. there would be a ad on both sides of the forum.AD'S AD'S AD'S.And I had virus protection.On my own(scary) I did what my eldest son did on it once.And him not here to know what to do.I backed my computer back to how it was when I bought it.Clears all the files,but that is no problem.I have Farmtown,Facebook,and banking mostly to put back on.Well I want ya to know,the AD'S are gone.I swear I will not ever check news,weather anything else on the internet,because going there had to be how i got the ad's.'Just in case anyone one else is having the problem.

Using AdBlock Plus add-in if you happen to use Opera, Chrome, Firefox, or Waterfox helps too. All you need to do is Google it and then follow the onscreen instructions. And you're unlikely to blow up the computer unless you mess with the overclock settings in the computer BIOS! :D

ccheney Jul 19 2014 11:40 PM

I put this in the suggestion folder. Another option would be to be able to check off in the preferences to hide the quest icon so those of us who do quests it can have it and those of us who don't do quests can hide it.

max_river Jul 20 2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccheney (Post 5850714)
I put this in the suggestion folder. Another option would be to be able to check off in the preferences to hide the quest icon so those of us who do quests it can have it and those of us who don't do quests can hide it.

i like that idea

Queen Of Leon Jul 20 2014 03:45 PM

New Levels Not Often Enough!

If you are in the business of an online game, but you can't even keep UP with your players, then why are you in business at all? I waited so long for new levels, that by the time we got them, I was already PAST that! Why can't we have 25 new layers every 2 weeks? If you need to hire more people, then I know some people who need jobs. This SUCKS!

Dulcinea Jul 20 2014 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccheney (Post 5850714)

I agree, too. The quest icon is a great tool for those who do quests, but for those of us who don't, it's pretty much just in the way. :)

whosyou? Jul 20 2014 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen Of Leon (Post 5850838)
If you are in the business of an online game, but you can't even keep UP with your players, then why are you in business at all? I waited so long for new levels, that by the time we got them, I was already PAST that! Why can't we have 25 new layers every 2 weeks? If you need to hire more people, then I know some people who need jobs. This SUCKS!

You want free farm cash...we get it...however,how is hiring more people a good business decision?Levels = free farmcash = less income for the devs...but yes..hire more.:rolleyes:

StoneFace Jul 20 2014 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whosyou? (Post 5850858)
You want free farm cash...we get it...however,how is hiring more people a good business decision?Levels = free farmcash = less income for the devs...but yes..hire more.:rolleyes:

Kind of like kids getting an allowance.... free money, often for doing nothing or minimal work output.....

kids would say.... need that allowance every day... by the time I get it , there are more things I want to buy..

I think that any "gift" of free farm cash, including that which is earned through Quests, is most generous of the developers.

But then, I have lost track of the number of gift cards I have redeemed to get all the goodies I have (and really don't have to have to play the game at a lesser level)

Dulcinea Jul 21 2014 10:41 AM

Most FB games have other ways of earning game cash that are faster and simpler. I'm afraid that Farm Town is very behind the times with this, which is sad considering it has some of the most expensive cash prices of any FB game I've played. For loyal players who want to support Slashdot (I think this is their only game?) that's fine. But it won't attract many new players who are used to something else. :(

littlesallysanctus Jul 21 2014 02:53 PM

It is demotivating to not be able to watch your advancement and levels as they are achieved. That's the way it was and everyone signed on for it. This is being controlled. At first everyone was told there would be double farmcash for levels past 500. then no...everyone was furious and righteously so. such dishonor to promise then recant
There there was the thing about ok no more names of levels which was ok by everyone.

There are probably hundreds of levels ready and waiting. like to 1,000.

KnightRider Jul 21 2014 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlesallysanctus (Post 5851150)
It is demotivating to not be able to watch your advancement and levels as they are achieved. That's the way it was and everyone signed on for it. This is being controlled. At first everyone was told there would be double farmcash for levels past 500. then no...everyone was furious and righteously so. such dishonor to promise then recant
There there was the thing about ok no more names of levels which was ok by everyone.

There are probably hundreds of levels ready and waiting. like to 1,000.

I haven't posted in this thread, but I have to on this one.

First it was never promised 2 FC past level 500, below is the quote from the release and it never stated what you said.

Quote:

2. 25 New Levels: Top level will now be 500. A special gift this time for top level users, levels 476-500 will grant 2 farmcash instead of one.
Second the game has been going for over 5 years and they have been doing the levels the same for at least 4 years. There is no dishonor. I think the developers have done an excellent job of keeping the game going.

heartnrose Jul 21 2014 07:45 PM

Fish vs Flowers vs Trees-Help!

Not sure where this would go , but looked everywhere I thought and could not come up with an answer. I compared my fish that were sold at market to the price I got for my flowers and the flowers didn't seem to make as much.. But I have more flowers and it seems I don't get as much money total for the flowers. Does it take more flowers like a bushel and how many does that include to make up the same dollars as the fish. I don't know if that made sense but is hard for me to explain. Any help would be appreciated....Thanks:)

KnightRider Jul 21 2014 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartnrose (Post 5851238)
Not sure where this would go , but looked everywhere I thought and could not come up with an answer. I compared my fish that were sold at market to the price I got for my flowers and the flowers paid more. But I have more flowers and it seems I don't get as much money total for the flowers. Does it take more flowers like a bushel and how many does that include to make up the same dollars as the fish. I don't know if that made sense but is hard for me to explain. Any help would be appreciated....Thanks:)

Best thing I can tell you is to go into the store and see which item sells for the most coins, it tells you how much can be sold for at the market. I don't think anyone has went through and compared fish, flowers and trees and wrote down what pays the most.

EDIT: I just noticed that fish isn't in the store, to see the prices for fish you would have to go to your storage and look or go to the Game Guide in the Fishing thread and it show how much for fish. It looks like the lowest coins for fish is 50.

illusions_fan1 Jul 22 2014 09:22 PM

Thank You!!

Today I went and had a sticky beak at probably one of your main competitors for "farms" and it made me so grateful for EVERYTHING you guys do for us! They had some milk and egg collecting abilities and whatnot but just a weird old fruit stand type stall... NO FUN! I'll take your facilities any day and your customer service. You are so willing to listen to ideas your consumers have and are eager to keep us happy.

So thank you for everything you guys do for us! :D

1fritz Jul 24 2014 08:15 AM

Hi I've never compared how much I make on fish vs trees or flowers. It would be interesting to see,

Fritz

dnana Jul 24 2014 11:10 AM

DITTO!!!! Other 'farm' games do not compare!! Thanks!!!!

heartnrose Jul 24 2014 09:48 PM

Comparison
Okay, I did do the comparison. It was based on 1 field only 30x30. 1 layer orange lily, 1 layer date trees, ponds on outer edge 4 sides. For me, the trees paid much much better than the fish. I was correct in that I was getting more for the fish, but in all rights I have 5 times more fish, but they pay almost $150 less than the trees and $50 less than the lily. I based this on the highest paying trees and flowers. My payout is higher than what the store shows, but am assuming that has to do with belts/dans but not sure what those are so cannot say. The difference again, will depend on what the payout of the trees and flowers are if they will pay more than the fish. But I am happy with my results...thank you Knightrider...made me determined to find an answer...lol.

illusions_fan1 Jul 24 2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartnrose (Post 5852466)
Comparison
Okay, I did do the comparison. It was based on 1 field only 30x30. 1 layer orange lily, 1 layer date trees, ponds on outer edge 4 sides. For me, the trees paid much much better than the fish. I was correct in that I was getting more for the fish, but in all rights I have 5 times more fish, but they pay almost $150 less than the trees and $50 less than the lily. I based this on the highest paying trees and flowers. My payout is higher than what the store shows, but am assuming that has to do with belts/dans but not sure what those are so cannot say. The difference again, will depend on what the payout of the trees and flowers are if they will pay more than the fish. But I am happy with my results...thank you Knightrider...made me determined to find an answer...lol.

Well that's not fair on the fishing front... if say for a fake example each side of the square of a farm was 30 spots long it would be 30+30+28+28 (you can't use the corners twice) = 116 ponds around the outer edge. Meanwhile you filled the inside with trees. 28x28 = 784 trees. That's a whole lot more trees than ponds. :confused:

KnightRider Jul 24 2014 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartnrose (Post 5852466)
Comparison

Your welcome.

ccheney Jul 24 2014 11:38 PM

I used to play the "ville" game and it got to be too much continuously asking for things from neighbors. 15 hammers, 20 nails, 20 buckets of paint etc to build one shed,constantly posting requests to send energy, running out of energy and being unable to do anything and the biggie having to constantly get new neighbors, people who weren't already players to get more things and advance in the game which I refused to do because I wasn't going to beg people who didn't want to play the game to play it. It got so that my newsfeed was nothing but game requests. That is why I like FarmTown. We are more self sufficient. Yes we need neighbors for certain things but we don't need to beg for every little thing we need.

rjohn726 Jul 25 2014 08:53 AM

Well we are using more stuff now

Well we are using more stuff now across the board, as I do these little things on a 4 day schedule for the last few years, I see that today. I have been keeping a spreadsheet as to what I do in those 4 days and today the usage across the board is somewhat greater. I haven’t a clue how much but I’d say somewhere around 15 to 20%.

Thanks I have been somewhat complacent in what I have been doing the last few years as it has been quite easy for me. However, if this continues I will need to think a bit more.

Making the game a bit more difficult are ya. I will probably like that as I ran out of Oak lumber today. That has never happened with me before at all. I have a bunch of all kind of logs, including Oak so I guess I can run 3 more sawmills. Those will be there soon as I already have 12 of them, it’ll go to 15 without any problems at all I feel.

rjohn726 Jul 25 2014 09:06 AM

For example in the past few months I have been using 22,000 to 24,000 units of sugarcane never more than that. Today I used 33,030 units of sugarcane. Today I used 29,270 of Alfalfa previously never more than 21,000 units of alfalfa. Kidney beans, prior was 171 units and today 240 units.

Thanks

rjohn726 Jul 26 2014 07:34 AM

Well as everything changed yesterday, by the utilization going up 15% to 20%, I thought I should update my spreadsheet today to see what I needed to plant.

Just to let you know I got a bunch of stuff back as I needed to change everything for the crops today, and everything really means everything. I only keep track of the crops as the trees and flowers as well as the animals have always been fine for me.

I guess thanks is in order.

mary caroline golden Jul 26 2014 09:47 AM

farm layout

i'm not sure if this is the correct place to voice my question, but i'd like to know why the layout of the farm is on an angle instead of straight up & down (portrait style). i'v been an addicted player for 9 years & i am finally tired of looking at the farm with my head tilted ( gives me a bad kink in the neck) if i could tilt my monitor to compensate for the farms cock-eyed layout i would. maybe its just me, but in order to work on the farm easily,i automatically tilt my head to see it straighter (as in portrait) . i don't expect you developers to fix this just for me ( but wow,would that be great) but i would like to at least know the reason behind the "tilted" layout. (i'm sure there's a technical explaination,but please try to tell me in laymans language......thank you
:)

Taz D Jul 26 2014 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mary caroline golden (Post 5852846)
i'm not sure if this is the correct place to voice my question, but i'd like to know why the layout of the farm is on an angle instead of straight up & down (portrait style). i'v been an addicted player for 9 years & i am finally tired of looking at the farm with my head tilted ( gives me a bad kink in the neck) if i could tilt my monitor to compensate for the farms cock-eyed layout i would. maybe its just me, but in order to work on the farm easily,i automatically tilt my head to see it straighter (as in portrait) . i don't expect you developers to fix this just for me ( but wow,would that be great) but i would like to at least know the reason behind the "tilted" layout. (i'm sure there's a technical explaination,but please try to tell me in laymans language......thank you
:)

All the games that I know of use this tilted layout as it makes it easier to see for the 3D effect of the landscape. If we were looking at it straight on then you would not be able to see items behind the taller trees and buildings.

JBowles Jul 26 2014 02:00 PM

Well if you notice the developers are actually adding facilities which are part of life. At some point, we need to go to the bathroom. At some point we pass from this life and our friends and family come together to remember us. We go to a rodeo, a park, we work in a dairy facility or lumber yard or a bank. They are just reflecting life for the most part. I personally enjoy what they do.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...9396&farm_ix=0

beverduster Jul 26 2014 10:36 PM

who used up all the toilet paper???

Flaky Angel Jul 27 2014 07:03 PM

Re: Gifts not getting thru?

Not sure where to put this.

Some of my neighbors have posted in FB that since the advent of the accept all/send all they are not receiving as many gifts as they usually do. Can the devs check and see if it is actually working? I know I'm not getting many but I don't use it much either.

Flaky Angel Jul 27 2014 07:08 PM

Have to agree. So much so that I'm seriously thinking of leaving my other farm games. I hate to as I have invested as much time and effort into them as I have to farm Town, but the reality is, I can do more without having to spend money. And yes, I buy FB cards, lol. This is my entertainment.

SeaJay Jul 27 2014 07:28 PM

I just fished ONE farm and earned 25 million coin and 179,000 products. Can you even fathom how many bodies of water were on that one farm?

The dude had 95 million seawater bait and 74 million fresh water bait. How is that even possible?????