Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

pythonis Sep 12 2011 02:38 PM

Umm, couldnt you just ask a neighbor or someone in the market to water your flowers for you?

katrina719 Sep 12 2011 06:32 PM

So happy that I didn't buy that thing!!

cem251 Sep 12 2011 09:33 PM

So if you don't need the brown sprinkler anymore, why should you have to buy it to get the red sprinkler? Just a dumb idea, but that makes sense to me, just because other people had bought it before doesn't mean if we want the red sprinkler now and didn't have it that we should have to buy both just for one to disappear right after you buy it.

Here's another stupid question, I used the red sprinkler on crops that said they had 1 day left, not 1.2 or whatever 1 day and then it said it had 12 hours left, what happened to the 20 hour days, that doesn't make sense. If I knew it was going to do that I wouldn't have used it on it because now it will have been a waste of my time.

Animedevildog Sep 13 2011 07:00 AM

Crop irrigation

In order to harvest all my flowers, I had to water them.
After I was done with all my flowers, I went and planted a 4 day crop. I went to irrigate them, and I was informed that flowers cannot be watered more than once a day.

Now, this seems to me to be kinda rediculous how it is set up.

How about making the crop irrigator something that is seperate from watering your flowers, so if you happen to have someone come buy and water your flowers, or if you do it yourself, you can STILL irrigate your crops.

Because of this, when I get back on Thursday, I will STILL be waiting for my crops to grow, where as if I could have irrigated my crops, I would have had them ready for me.

Good idea Farm Town, just could have been executed better

dianedrayson Sep 17 2011 12:11 PM

Give us back the mobile waterer

I LOVE the irrigator, but I want my mobile waterer as well. There are some farms that I don't want to irrigate but I DO want to water the flowers. I'm tired of going onto those farms and looking at dead flowers because I can no longer water my own farms without speeding up production of trees. (I have my farms all nicely calibrated so all 2-day trees are ready one day, 3-day trees the next, and so on. If I irrigate the farms that have decorative flowers as well - around the homestead area - then it will spoil my production plans.)

pythonis Oct 02 2011 09:33 PM

I dont know why ppl are having such a problem with the red sprinkler. I got it after the bugs were fixed and I havent had a bit of problems with it.

Only irrigate crops that are 2 day or longer unless an emergency.

If your flowers need watered either use your watering can or ask a neighbor/market worker to water them for you.

If your crops are ready but the flowers arent go ahead and harvest your crops and irrigate the new crops. It wont affect anything as far as your flowers are concerned.

Its hard to explain but trust me theres no problems with it. Feel free to message me if you have any questions.

Taz D Oct 12 2011 11:25 PM

This thread is for old closed General Feedback threads.

susme48 Oct 16 2011 05:44 PM

Orange sprinkler....

I broke down and bought orange sprinkler...and was immediately about to get p.o.ed when I used it....the plants and crops showed a change...the trees not.....HOWEVER, in the spirit of fairness and such, I refreshed the farm, and low and behold quite a few of the trees were no longer tomorrow's harvest, but ready now. Just thought I 'd mention it....I don't mind refreshing to be able to harvest them now...lol

I wished I had bought it earlier, as most of my farms were already watered. I went to the next farm to see when it was time to irrigate, and found all of tomorrow's trees ready now? Sweet if it works that way...totally rocks!! It shows the non-ready trees as watered and the harvested ones just as fertilized....which if it is working the way I think will mean that every time you water a crop or flowers to speed things up, your trees will be covered...so there would be no need to figure in your trees to the equations, IF I understand what I am seeing right now as correct and not a weird glitch. I hope it is right, 'cause I like it!!!

I also noticed that the chopped trees are showing ready to harvest in a few minutes, and I don't believe they ever gave a clue as to when they would be ready to chop; a few that I planted earlier today and chopped, are showing 9+ hrs to harvest, and the cork will be ready in two hours...amazing!

IF this is now the way it will work...I think the devs gave us A LOT with this update...it should mean more room, unless I am crazy....since it should take less trees to keep the amounts where one has them now. I have sooooooooooooooo many trees...I will wait and see, but it would be lovely to get rid of some....I don't even mind the loss of coins....it would be worth it to have more room to decorate or plant or whatever!!

I have now gone from a happily addicted farmer to potentially an ecstatic addicted farmer...have a feeling it is good that I live alone right now....lol If not a farmer, anyone else would not understand the euphoria and crazed actions of this old lady!! lol

Hope this is good news for many of you!! :)

PS....as an experiment, as a few trees on one farm were not showing watered...I watered another farm a bit early, as it had a crop that would not be ready until tomorrow, and halved the time till chopping. Then on the next farm I found more trees ready and showing watered. It may take some experimenting to figure out...but so far I am very hopeful!

JAS0643 Oct 16 2011 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by susme48 (Post 4893986)
I broke down and bought orange sprinkler...and was immediately about to get p.o.ed when I used it....the plants and crops showed a change...the trees not.....HOWEVER, in the spirit of fairness and such, I refreshed the farm, and low and behold quite a few of the trees were no longer tomorrow's harvest, but ready now. Just thought I 'd mention it....I don't mind refreshing to be able to harvest them now...lol

I wished I had bought it earlier, as most of my farms were already watered. I went to the next farm to see when it was time to irrigate, and found all of tomorrow's trees ready now? Sweet if it works that way...totally rocks!! It shows the non-ready trees as watered and the harvested ones just as fertilized....which if it is working the way I think will mean that every time you water a crop or flowers to speed things up, your trees will be covered...so there would be no need to figure in your trees to the equations, IF I understand what I am seeing right now as correct and not a weird glitch. I hope it is right, 'cause I like it!!!

I also noticed that the chopped trees are showing ready to harvest in a few minutes, and I don't believe they ever gave a clue as to when they would be ready to chop; a few that I planted earlier today and chopped, are showing 9+ hrs to harvest, and the cork will be ready in two hours...amazing!

IF this is now the way it will work...I think the devs gave us A LOT with this update...it should mean more room, unless I am crazy....since it should take less trees to keep the amounts where one has them now. I have sooooooooooooooo many trees...I will wait and see, but it would be lovely to get rid of some....I don't even mind the loss of coins....it would be worth it to have more room to decorate or plant or whatever!!

I have now gone from a happily addicted farmer to potentially an ecstatic addicted farmer...have a feeling it is good that I live alone right now....lol If not a farmer, anyone else would not understand the euphoria and crazed actions of this old lady!! lol

Hope this is good news for many of you!! :)

PS....as an experiment, as a few trees on one farm were not showing watered...I watered another farm a bit early, as it had a crop that would not be ready until tomorrow, and halved the time till chopping. Then on the next farm I found more trees ready and showing watered. It may take some experimenting to figure out...but so far I am very hopeful!

The choped trees always told us how long they took to be ready to harvest. As for not figuring in the trees depends on how you have your farms. I have trees on 2 farms and that is all that is on those farms besides an oil pump. For that reason I do need to look at the times they would be ready to see if I want to buy the orange sprinkler. As far as taking trees out because you don't need as many that depends on how often you load your facilities. With all crops, flowers, and trees cut in half you can load twice as much if you have enough animal products and fish. On the having to reload I have noticed that with my flower farm. I will water the farm and not all the flowers will show the (W) sometimes but on a reload they will all show the (w), I think that is just a glitch and not that big a deal to me. On you trees that where ready not having the (W) that goes away when the crop, tree, or flower is ready to harvest.

candydogs Oct 19 2011 01:00 PM

Sprinkler

:confused:I bought the brown sprinkler then red then I bought the orange, but when you go In the tools only the orange one shows. Why don't you see all of them In there to be used? Sometimes I just want to water flowers not make all my crops or trees ready faster.