Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

anglnwhite Sep 07 2014 12:48 PM

Is there a benefit to the two step process for adding neighbors? When friends are added through FB for Farm Town, I have to add them as a neighbor and then they have to add me as a neighbor on their end. It would seem that once the "neighbor" contract was initiated by one and accepted by the other it would apply to both parties.

I've been helping a newbie player who has been working to build their neighbor list. They didn't realize that just because their new friends sent neighbor requests, it didn't make that person their neighbor. There is no mention in the game guide.

Taz D Sep 07 2014 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anglnwhite (Post 5869858)
Is there a benefit to the two step process for adding neighbors? When friends are added through FB for Farm Town, I have to add them as a neighbor and then they have to add me as a neighbor on their end. It would seem that once the "neighbor" contract was initiated by one and accepted by the other it would apply to both parties.

I've been helping a newbie player who has been working to build their neighbor list. They didn't realize that just because their new friends sent neighbor requests, it didn't make that person their neighbor. There is no mention in the game guide.

Hi Anglnwhite,
A benefit to having to add both ways? Probably not, but that is the way it works for most of the games I know of on Facebook that require "neighbors."
I do know that some have made the neighbor connection only 1 way because the other person is at their limit for neighbors. That only allows one way interaction like for bonuses and ingredient requests and farm work benefits. Not sure what other benefits there are.

anglnwhite Sep 07 2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 5869870)
Hi Anglnwhite,
A benefit to having to add both ways? Probably not, but that is the way it works for most of the games I know of on Facebook that require "neighbors."
I do know that some have made the neighbor connection only 1 way because the other person is at their limit for neighbors. That only allows one way interaction like for bonuses and ingredient requests and farm work benefits. Not sure what other benefits there are.

Ah. Thanks for the response, Taz.
I don't play any other games through FB that involve neighbors, so I wasn't aware of that. It makes sense now, especially since I am almost at my neighbor limit. The newer players can add me as they see fit despite my already full list.

goofyshoes Sep 09 2014 11:25 AM

;)It is after all just a game, I've been here almost from the start when we only had one farm and 35(?) levels; then they added Farm 2 then Farm 3. I'd say we're pretty lucky 5 years in to be able to have 23 farms. If you've reached 550 and expect more FC then I suppose you'll have to wait. That is what I do, I wait for the next release. I've never seen the developers give 25 FC every two weeks, I doubt that will happen. I agree it's not a matter of hiring more people, that is not logical. Patience, is a virtue.:D

beverduster Sep 10 2014 01:27 PM

sure glad to see the sacked corn cobbs, i got them all over by the public facility

carolann43 Sep 10 2014 02:03 PM

I don't know where to put this, but why can't some products have shorter growing times? Seems growing coffee takes forever. Especially when I need it for a quest. Yes, I watered it to shorten growing time, but do we really need 3 day crops?

Petuniaflower Sep 10 2014 02:23 PM

This is different

My daughter's gift basket has these 2 things:

Tulip Pod
sent by

Sphere Planter
sent by No Trees or

Not sure what to make of it,is it bad or good

Taz D Sep 10 2014 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petuniaflower (Post 5870926)
My daughter's gift basket has these 2 things:

Tulip Pod
sent by

Sphere Planter
sent by No Trees or

Not sure what to make of it,is it bad or good

Hi Petuniaflower,
The items are store items. However, they are not valid gift items. Some of the free gift sites have hacked the codes for items from the store to try to send to players. Usually they do not appear in the gift box if you restart the farms. If they still are showing in the gift box try clearing the memcache.

dnana Sep 11 2014 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carolann43 (Post 5870910)
I don't know where to put this, but why can't some products have shorter growing times? Seems growing coffee takes forever. Especially when I need it for a quest. Yes, I watered it to shorten growing time, but do we really need 3 day crops?

I like the longer growing times, it adds to the difficulty of the game and needing to use 'strategy', if you will. I only post facs twice a week, but I still need to plan my planting to make sure I have enough to fill everything. If someone posts facs more often, you really are forced to think ahead and get those long crops in and fertzed and irrigated to keep up with yourself. Having everything short timed would be ho-hum. :)

Have you tried building a quest farm and keeping things rotated so that you have everything ripe everyday right before you open a new quest? Now that's fun! :)

rpost17 Sep 11 2014 06:31 PM

latex

I have met all the requirements for the Horse Number Pad but it still will not let me load the Hippodrome. Why ?