Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

dnana Sep 28 2014 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandmas farm (Post 5878130)
every since I started doing the coop quests. I can't see how many quests I have completed. It just shows the days of the week and total words, but no numbers by them.

Also, check your screen resolution, it needs to be at 100% to show the regular quest timeline correctly. Could be it accidently got a little bigger and the numbers have dropped off the bottom of the screen. :)

dnana Sep 28 2014 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarrettHillBabe (Post 5878058)

I know I'll not be doing anymore of those new quests. Takes far too long to search everyone's farms to find things I need to buy. Take the last quest I'm doing, need to BUY bowling pins!

Not a one of my neighbors and friends need to SELL them so looks as if this one will die a natural death and be the last I'll do.

FT already takes forever to work, (notice I did NOT say play?) without adding the silly searching for coins. With farms loading like molasses in January at 50 below just not worth the effort to do the new quests. Takes forever to plant now, and when working facilities? Takes forever for my friend's farms to load.

HI, you do not need to physically go to everyones farms to check their co-op quest manager. If you left click their avatar picture in your neighbor bar, you will see a choice qat the bottom of that menu that says' show XXX's co-op quest manager'. click that and it will show you their quests and you can buy or sell from that screen.

Your neighbors do not need to have the same item in their quest to SELL to you, they sell from storage, so the quests do not have to match up. You need to put a HELP NOTE on the things you want your neighbors to sell you, then when they come around they can do that. Selling has an unlimited pool of resources, BUYING is limited to the quest items only.

Farms load slowly due to (1) too much stuff on them and (2) the strength of your computer and quickness of your internet connection. Hide everything before you go to work facs and they will load faster because your processor does not thave to resolve so much detail and show it on your screen.

barbara nixon Sep 28 2014 09:54 AM

ya i'm still confused about these...i posted 4 postits and got them now with the green check mark so they are done but i have 4 more things i need and no one doing them in their quests...so, does that mean i won't be able to finish it?

Mare Contrare Sep 28 2014 12:03 PM

I've waited three days since posting about the difficulty with the cooperative quests hoping that time might help the situation. So far, not good.
My first quest has elapsed. It had four steps, I had two stickies. The steps with sticky notes were completed, but the third step never was. I've opened the second quest, but so far none of my neighbors have been able to help. I have many friends doing the quests, but none of their quests contain products that match mine. I suggested in a different thread that the devs consider limiting the number of quests that are distributed to players, but the only response I received was from another poster who said I was being unduly pessimistic.
At this point, unless something is done quickly to change the way the cooperative quests are presented, most of my neighbors are going to abandon their attempt to complete them, and so am I.
I like the idea of cooperative quests, but the process is not working for me.

Mare Contrare Sep 28 2014 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnana (Post 5878194)
HI, you do not need to physically go to everyones farms to check their co-op quest manager. If you left click their avatar picture in your neighbor bar, you will see a choice qat the bottom of that menu that says' show XXX's co-op quest manager'. click that and it will show you their quests and you can buy or sell from that screen.

Your neighbors do not need to have the same item in their quest to SELL to you, they sell from storage, so the quests do not have to match up. You need to put a HELP NOTE on the things you want your neighbors to sell you, then when they come around they can do that. Selling has an unlimited pool of resources, BUYING is limited to the quest items only.

Farms load slowly due to (1) too much stuff on them and (2) the strength of your computer and quickness of your internet connection. Hide everything before you go to work facs and they will load faster because your processor does not thave to resolve so much detail and show it on your screen.

What you are neglecting to state is that there a limited amount of help notes available, usually two, so once neighbors sell you the products with the help notes, you are still left with steps that need a similar quest to match up with.

CATtitude Sep 28 2014 01:30 PM

Amount of neighbours on the "ladder"

Is the amount of neighbours on the ladder below the farm window limited to 111? It seems so :eek: Where do i put the 333 other neighbours i have? :confused: Actually, according to Farmtown fuel station i have 1960 ACTIVE neighbours, where is the loooong ladder for all of them??? Not even 1% of all my neighbours show on the ladder! Not even posts of 1% of them show on "Show all FarmTown Wall Requests" link" :( OK, i don't want to help ALL my neighbours but it would be nice if i could help at least 10 % of them ;)

marymarcel Sep 28 2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CATtitude (Post 5878330)
Is the amount of neighbours on the ladder below the farm window limited to 111? It seems so :eek: Where do i put the 333 other neighbours i have? :confused: Actually, according to Farmtown fuel station i have 1960 ACTIVE neighbours, where is the loooong ladder for all of them??? Not even 1% of all my neighbours show on the ladder! Not even posts of 1% of them show on "Show all FarmTown Wall Requests" link" :( OK, i don't want to help ALL my neighbours but it would be nice if i could help at least 10 % of them ;)

Hi CATtitude!

I will try to explain this. Facebook and not Farmtown sets the amount of neighbors you can have. The official amount for neighbors is 80 although some farmers have 100 or a little more.

To be sure about how many neighbors you have, please open the extended tool box, and click in trophies, you'll see there the amount of neighbors you have, and they are who are showed in the bar below the game screen. Those farmers are considered as your inmediate neighbors. If you click in the Neighbors Tab, you will see them with a blue background. All your other friends who play the game but have not been added as inmediate neighbors are showed with a white background. If you have got your limit of neighbors and try to add more then one of the old ones will dropp off and the new one will be showed. So be careful about this.

When you refuel you receive 20 unit fuel per Active neighbor you have, so if the screen is showing 1960 you have 98 active neighbors, that amount is between your inmediate neighbors and your friends but not inmediate neighbors. If you open the Neighbors Tab you can see when they have their last activity in the game, perhaps some of them are your friends but are not playing Farmtown anymore.

Hope this could help you.:)

barbara nixon Sep 28 2014 02:30 PM

purple quests

thanks knightrider...so if no one else is doing the same quest it means u are out of luck to get what u need..as they are random i'm seeing very few will get done..:eek:

marymarcel Sep 28 2014 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbara nixon (Post 5878214)
ya i'm still confused about these...i posted 4 postits and got them now with the green check mark so they are done but i have 4 more things i need and no one doing them in their quests...so, does that mean i won't be able to finish it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbara nixon (Post 5878366)
thanks knightrider...so if no one else is doing the same quest it means u are out of luck to get what u need..as they are random i'm seeing very few will get done..:eek:

Hi Barbara!

They dont need to have exactly the same quest you have, but some of your neighbors could have some of the products you need for your quest, remember you can buy more than one product from the same farmer. The developers have increased the expiration time for quests, so if you still have time, wait till your neighbors open new quests and check them.:)

You can also check some of your friends (not neighbors) cooperative quests when you go to their farms to work their facilities.:)

anstar Sep 28 2014 03:42 PM

I just click every blue dot or purple quest die I see and then click every active quest tab. :) If I see a blue "buy" or "sell" button, I click that too! It's working so far. I've completed one quest and have two more on the final steps.

wvagirl1 Sep 28 2014 04:34 PM

I give up. It seems that very few people are doing these quests. I find them very time consuming just going from farm to farm trying to see if anyone has anything I can use. I will open quests daily so that neighbors and friends can get things from me if I have them but I am done trying to complete these quests myself.

Annette55 Sep 28 2014 05:19 PM

Well with only 1 neighbor actually doing this and since it is for dollars--not FC--I can't imagine any reason I'd put myself through this kind of frustration! I hate having to depend on others who may OR maynot help (back in the day, it was one thing that made this game so frustrating when you got stuck with whatever gift someone felt like sending--thank god you can exchange the **** gifts for what you actually need now [you really DON't need 25 valentine bears, eh?] and I think you're going to have very similar problems with this part of the game), and hence, I foresee receiving little to no help at all. I hated these kinds of thing over on farmville--in fact it was one of the reasons I don't do that game any more. Even though it's voluntary to participate, it's still annoying to have stuff you can't do for yourself. I'm guessing I'm not the only one who feels this way. Maybe add a feature where you can see if there is enough help available before you start or something. Just my opinion about this, though. I confess to being kinda burnt out, so more hassle will only make me quit again, I'm afraid! And this does seem like just another hassle.

dnana Sep 28 2014 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mare Contrare (Post 5878314)
What you are neglecting to state is that there a limited amount of help notes available, usually two, so once neighbors sell you the products with the help notes, you are still left with steps that need a similar quest to match up with.

Do the visiting to buy the items you need over the first 3 days or so of the quest. Use your help notes for the last steps on the last day. If you have 3 help notes, wait until you have 3 steps left, then post your notes, let a few people know, and see who of your neighbors would like to have some coins. They sell to you from their storage, so their quest does not factor into the transaction, anyone can sell to you.

It's a challenge, it's not supposed to be easy, but I find it fun, and I'm sure it's going to get better. :)

dnana Sep 28 2014 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wvagirl1 (Post 5878446)
I give up. It seems that very few people are doing these quests. I find them very time consuming just going from farm to farm trying to see if anyone has anything I can use. I will open quests daily so that neighbors and friends can get things from me if I have them but I am done trying to complete these quests myself.

Hi, do you know that you do not physically have to go to their farms to check the co-op manager? Just click their pic in your neighbor bar, like you were going to join them or message them. At the bottom of that menu is a choice to show that player's co-op manager. Click that and you can buy and sell thru that window without leaving your own farm. :)

Taz D Sep 28 2014 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annette55 (Post 5878494)
Well with only 1 neighbor actually doing this and since it is for dollars--not FC--I can't imagine any reason I'd put myself through this kind of frustration! I hate having to depend on others who may OR maynot help (back in the day, it was one thing that made this game so frustrating when you got stuck with whatever gift someone felt like sending--thank god you can exchange the **** gifts for what you actually need now [you really DON't need 25 valentine bears, eh?] and I think you're going to have very similar problems with this part of the game), and hence, I foresee receiving little to no help at all. I hated these kinds of thing over on farmville--in fact it was one of the reasons I don't do that game any more. Even though it's voluntary to participate, it's still annoying to have stuff you can't do for yourself. I'm guessing I'm not the only one who feels this way. Maybe add a feature where you can see if there is enough help available before you start or something. Just my opinion about this, though. I confess to being kinda burnt out, so more hassle will only make me quit again, I'm afraid! And this does seem like just another hassle.

Hi Annette,
I moved your post to the General Feedback on the co-op quests since you did not have a question about it.

grandmas farm Sep 28 2014 06:10 PM

ty first coop quest that I finished did add to my regular quests, but then the numbers disappeared.

Taz D Sep 28 2014 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandmas farm (Post 5878558)
ty first coop quest that I finished did add to my regular quests, but then the numbers disappeared.

Hi grandmas farm,
If you are not seeing the numbers then chack your browser zoom and make sure it is no more than 100%. If it is higher then there isn't enough room for all the text. Since you collected your farm cash yesterday you should only have a 1 on todays and no other numbers.

wvagirl1 Sep 28 2014 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnana (Post 5878514)
Hi, do you know that you do not physically have to go to their farms to check the co-op manager? Just click their pic in your neighbor bar, like you were going to join them or message them. At the bottom of that menu is a choice to show that player's co-op manager. Click that and you can buy and sell thru that window without leaving your own farm. :)

I understand about the neighbors but if you cannot get what you need there then you have to start visiting friends. If there is a secret to making that faster I would appreciate the information. I don't see a way to see if someone is even participating in the quests without actually visiting their farm

KnightRider Sep 28 2014 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wvagirl1 (Post 5878578)
I understand about the neighbors but if you cannot get what you need there then you have to start visiting friends. If there is a secret to making that faster I would appreciate the information. I don't see a way to see if someone is even participating in the quests without actually visiting their farm

Hello wvagirl1,

To see if your neighbor has an open coop quest you will see a blue dot in the neighbor bar at the bottom just under where the green dot is located. For the friends, at the moment there isn't anyway to know if they have an open coop quest without visiting their farm.

widow lyn Sep 29 2014 12:36 AM

I love the new purple quest, and have completed one a day since it started, its very easy to do.

Annie of Green Gables Sep 29 2014 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MochaSoul (Post 5876662)
Thanks Taz

If FB are limiting the numbers for FT players, why is it that people not playing the game have as many 1500 FB friends? FB's reasoning is not fair and reasonable. If this is the case, then FB better start deleting everyone's excess friends, equal amounts eh?

Biebel Sep 29 2014 02:52 AM

Hi, Just started this cooperative quest with one of my neighbours, but she can only sell me one thing and i can only buy one thing for this quest! Tho i love the idea of working together, it will be impossible for us since we only got a few active neighbours! So it would be great if we can buy/sell again after let's say one hour or so! If not we won't be able to play these quests and that would be very sad! Maybe devs can work out this problem. Thanks!

Lara Sep 29 2014 07:44 AM

seems to be improving with the increased time and a better understanding of what I am doing. I have completed 2 of the purple quests now but one is a write off and the first one expired for lack of time. I will give it a bit more time to see how it goes

Majik Merlin Sep 29 2014 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnana (Post 5878514)

Great time saving tip... THANKS

However I do have a complaint!!!

I have finally, successfully completed 2 of my purple quests. All fine and good even tho I don't have many neighbors playing. My complaint is this:

The quests show up in my brown quest bar as completed. When I redeem my quests at the end of 7 days, will I lose them?? Last time I completed more than 8 in the seven days, I lost them...they vanished with t he others when I claimed my FC.

crafty chris Sep 29 2014 09:29 AM

hi majik merlin ... just to add to what dnana said it is only the friends you have to go to their farms (via neighbours tab) hopefully that may change (everything crossed) :)

also where the quests are being added to the 'normal' quests what i am doing is getting them up to 8 then leaving the very last steps ... just in case ;)

KnightRider Sep 29 2014 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annie of Green Gables (Post 5878710)
If FB are limiting the numbers for FT players, why is it that people not playing the game have as many 1500 FB friends? FB's reasoning is not fair and reasonable. If this is the case, then FB better start deleting everyone's excess friends, equal amounts eh?

Hello Annie of Green Gables,

You can have as many FB friends as you want, FB is saying that out of all of your friends, you can only have 80 as neighbors, sometimes up to 100. I believe FB decides on how many neighbors a game can have by how many people are playing that game. They wouldn't be able to delete FB friends just to even out the numbers for one game, since there are some FB friends that play more than 1 game together.

Peggy Quinn Mooneyhan Sep 29 2014 12:04 PM

Is it possible to have a blue light special (my neighbors list page) to see who is doing the new blue quest so we can add them as neighbors?

marymarcel Sep 29 2014 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peggy Quinn Mooneyhan (Post 5878954)
Is it possible to have a blue light special (my neighbors list page) to see who is doing the new blue quest so we can add them as neighbors?

Hi Peggy!

It is better if you post this in the suggestion section so the developers can see it. You cant open a new thread there, but you can post as a reply in the thread Suggestions Quests.:)

Majik Merlin Sep 29 2014 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crafty chris (Post 5878858)
hi majik merlin ...

also where the quests are being added to the 'normal' quests what i am doing is getting them up to 8 then leaving the very last steps ... just in case ;)

I already do that. I have FOUR holding now and have two days still to go before I can claim my FC...

Did not know the purple would count on the same tally, so went ahead and finished them, now I have 10 pending to get the FC and two days to go to hold any others. If I lose them it will be like busting my back to play for nothing.

I see a nightmare as this progresses.

KnightRider Sep 29 2014 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Majik Merlin (Post 5878998)
I already do that. I have FOUR holding now and have two days still to go before I can claim my FC...

Did not know the purple would count on the same tally, so went ahead and finished them, now I have 10 pending to get the FC and two days to go to hold any others. If I lose them it will be like busting my back to play for nothing.

I see a nightmare as this progresses.

Hello Majik Merlin,

The coop quests counting on the same totals as the regular quests is a glitch and has been reported to the developers.

iceberg Sep 29 2014 05:00 PM

I have a question about this. If friends and neighbors can purchase products and or crops from us without our knowledge, won't that make us run short for stocking our own facilities?

dnana Sep 29 2014 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peggy Quinn Mooneyhan (Post 5878954)

Lol, blue-light special, I've been calling it that, too. :)

I was going thru my friends in my neighbors tab last night and sent out a few neighbor requests to co-op players, but it occurred to me that if this ramps up and I keep doing that, I will be knocking off a bunch of long-time companions for no other reason than they do not play this little foo-foo game addition. I'm going to the suggestions thread to see if they can give us the ability to choose who falls off the list when we add new neighbors. Do we know what the formula is? Is it always the neighbor who hasn't played in the longest time?

dnana Sep 29 2014 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lara (Post 5878806)
seems to be improving with the increased time and a better understanding of what I am doing. I have completed 2 of the purple quests now but one is a write off and the first one expired for lack of time. I will give it a bit more time to see how it goes

I think we all lost our first quest to not understanding the strategy behind the judicious use of stickies. :) I've got my next 3 finished, no problem. I have an FB Farmtown group for my friends and neighbors and I have advised them to wait until the number of steps left equals the number of stickies they have then stick em up and post in our group for help (another player suggested this here, this forum rocks). Works like a charm! :)

WillowTreeFarm Sep 29 2014 06:00 PM

Farm Statistics Button

My farms are identical in size and number of plots to plant. I have noticed that when I check the farm stat button it shows a different amount of crops growing on each farm. Right now I have blueberries growing on farms 5-8. Farm 5 has 3015, farm 6 has 3031, farm 7 has 3018 and farm 8 has 3000. Why are these numbers different? I didn't put this post in help because I'm not worried about the different numbers, only curious.

Taz D Sep 29 2014 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTreeFarm (Post 5879074)
My farms are identical in size and number of plots to plant. I have noticed that when I check the farm stat button it shows a different amount of crops growing on each farm. Right now I have blueberries growing on farms 5-8. Farm 5 has 3015, farm 6 has 3031, farm 7 has 3018 and farm 8 has 3000. Why are these numbers different? I didn't put this post in help because I'm not worried about the different numbers, only curious.

Hi WillowTreeFarm,
The numbers are different becuse you have the box at the bottom of the Farm Stat checked to include the fertilized and belt bonus amounts. The belt bonuses are not a set number, but are determined at the time you harvest. The Farm Stat tool tries to estimate how much you will get, but it is just an estimate.

WillowTreeFarm Sep 29 2014 06:56 PM

Thanks for explaining it TazD. I unchecked it and now they all are the same amount.

Taz D Sep 29 2014 08:41 PM

Please keep your posts impersonal and on subject. Any posted that are derogatory toward an individual will be removed.
If you would like to make a suggestion for the new quests please post your suggestion in the Suggestion section where the developers will be more likely to see it.

Rugged Barbie Sep 29 2014 09:02 PM

Whoopie Doopie Do!
We now have a scroll button for the neighbors who are doing the Co Op Questies!
Awesome and very handy dandy.
These Developers are way ahead of us grumpy grindie players.
ha ha!

i try Sep 30 2014 12:08 AM

The devs way of geting us to increase our nayboor pool again!

rjohn726 Sep 30 2014 07:57 AM

After farm 24

I could use 8 more farms after we get farm 24. Could you do that?

Hungh, hungh, hungh, hungh if so that would take me about 5 more years to complete that.

I need something to do and that would help this old man.

I love playing Farm Town. Thanks