Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

vonalm May 31 2014 01:24 PM

thanks Taz! :)
i didn't know that i've only had to mark everything once. that will save a lot of time and hassle! *i'm lazy* lol

yanafree Jun 01 2014 11:50 AM

Sally & her e-farmer tool

Her Message: sally: hire me pls! i use the ******** tool from (web site removed)

This person is really annoying.
*You cannot hire her
*You cannot ignore her
*You cannot report her

She pops in, drops that message and pops out a million times a day! Just long enough to drop that message into the Market.

How Annoying!

If Slashkey is the owner of this site and tool they need to put it in out tools for farm cash or get rid of this annoying person.

Taz D Jun 01 2014 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yanafree (Post 5830418)
Her Message: sally: hire me pls! i use the ******** tool from (web site remove)
This person is really annoying.
*You cannot hire her
*You cannot ignore her
*You cannot report her

She pops in, drops that message and pops out a million times a day! Just long enough to drop that message into the Market.

How Annoying!

If Slashkey is the owner of this site and tool they need to put it in out tools for farm cash or get rid of this annoying person.

Slashkey is not the owner of this tool. They have tried many times to stop this but they use multiple accounts and as soon as one is blocked then another pops up. There isn't anything that Slashkey can do to stop this. You will just have to ignore them.

wlcnyc Jun 01 2014 01:05 PM

I have the same problem. It has been off for some time now. It is extremely difficult - close to impossible - to reset manually to get it aligned again.

Eradani Jun 02 2014 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 5821186)
Are we looking at the same thing? What dark blue button at the bottom of the page? Are you talking about the Start All or Store All buttons for the last row of facilities? Those don't move the Facility Manager up or down.

the dark blue Start / Store All buttons for each facility are the ones that get lost with the out-of-sync error. each facility in the manager has about 1 or 2 pixels too many rows now and so each page moves those buttons further off the screen.

Bonnie Jo Jun 02 2014 12:34 AM

I have this same problem when I'm going through my facilities page by page and it is very annoying. I have the start all tools but there are times I go through them page by page to start just what I want to start.

wlcnyc Jun 02 2014 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eradani (Post 5830542)
the dark blue Start / Store All buttons for each facility are the ones that get lost with the out-of-sync error. each facility in the manager has about 1 or 2 pixels too many rows now and so each page moves those buttons further off the screen.

Exactly! Eventually to the point that they are difficult to click on.

slartismum Jun 04 2014 02:22 PM

how do I love thee?

Farm Town how do I love thee?

10 train carriages work all friends' facs in one go
Search in fac manager finds items for me
Farms change colour when worked
Cash for working quests
Eye hides items not needed for a task

That is just off the top of my head. I am sure that I have forgotten loads more.
Thank you developers and also mods. I love this game.

rjohn726 Jun 05 2014 07:13 AM

Facility Manager

In the Facility Manager every day I click on every Dairy Shed, Chicken Coop, etc. that I have to processes those animals. I also after that close those and then go back to the Facility Manager to make sure that I processed it as I could see if some were processed as those always said ready in so many minutes. If so I knew that I processed it, otherwise I would click again as I missed it before. That insured that all were processed.

Today I couldn’t do that, as over 80% were still empty and showed nothing. Therefore if I clicked on it, I got the message ‘no animals to process’. There were no messages of ‘ready in xx hours’. Therefore I thought I didn’t process it before, however, as I always would have done, I clicked on it again anyway as that is the only way I insure that I process everything.

I would like that to return in that Facility to the way it was yesterday, when I can check everything, Thanks

marymarcel Jun 05 2014 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjohn726 (Post 5831398)
In the Facility Manager every day I click on every Dairy Shed, Chicken Coop, etc. that I have to processes those animals. I also after that close those and then go back to the Facility Manager to make sure that I processed it as I could see if some were processed as those always said ready in so many minutes. If so I knew that I processed it, otherwise I would click again as I missed it before. That insured that all were processed.

Today I couldn’t do that, as over 80% were still empty and showed nothing. Therefore if I clicked on it, I got the message ‘no animals to process’. There were no messages of ‘ready in xx hours’. Therefore I thought I didn’t process it before, however, as I always would have done, I clicked on it again anyway as that is the only way I insure that I process everything.

I would like that to return in that Facility to the way it was yesterday, when I can check everything, Thanks

Hi!

We have an open thread about this in H&S in the following link

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=599358

Could you please post there and give the information about your farm link and your WFnumber?

geneseib Jun 05 2014 02:24 PM

Farm Buildings Factory

I'm a farm boy and love everything about Farmtown. Have noticed though that the Farm Building Factory is quite an Oak Lumber hog. I added two new sawmills and still not keeping up.

vonalm Jun 05 2014 03:36 PM

"Calculating Ingredients Importance"

1 Attachment(s)
i can't sell on the market because this message won't go away....

marymarcel Jun 05 2014 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vonalm (Post 5832090)
i can't sell on the market because this message won't go away....

Hi!

Try the memcache link in my signature where it says AQUI to clear the game memory. You'll see a list of unsettings, close that window and the farm if it is open. Then clear your browser cache and close it. Reopen and try again.

lollipopthebunny Jun 05 2014 04:14 PM

Maintenance in FT

It would be nice if the developers could post something on Facebook to show on our HOME page a day ahead of when they are going to do a Maintenance an if possible the amount of time it would be down to players.

Luckily today I had stuff ready but it was long term stuff so was still good when I was able to get back in again!

There are times I do plant 8 hr or 12 hr stuff the night before an so the 8 hr would have been bad by the time it came back up again.

PLEASE CONSIDER DOING THIS! Thanks

KnightRider Jun 05 2014 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lollipopthebunny (Post 5832154)
It would be nice if the developers could post something on Facebook to show on our HOME page a day ahead of when they are going to do a Maintenance an if possible the amount of time it would be down to players.

Luckily today I had stuff ready but it was long term stuff so was still good when I was able to get back in again!

There are times I do plant 8 hr or 12 hr stuff the night before an so the 8 hr would have been bad by the time it came back up again.

PLEASE CONSIDER DOING THIS! Thanks

The only way the developers could post on Facebook is if the developers was friends with everyone that plays Farm Town.

lollipopthebunny Jun 05 2014 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightRider (Post 5832162)
The only way the developers could post on Facebook is if the developers was friends with everyone that plays Farm Town.

How were they able to post the 'updates' on FB a long time ago then??? I used to get them on my home page an even in email an then they quit doing it.

THEY could do a 'generic' Farm Town Maintenance alert post! Like Zynga does with their games.

Rob T Jun 05 2014 04:21 PM

It was an unscheduled maintenance, they had to shut down without notice before the glitch with the animals made things worse. Normally, you may have got notice.

thehufarm Jun 05 2014 06:50 PM

Don't the developers use their page, https://www.facebook.com/pages/Farm-...14745418566392, to notify users? If someone joins/likes this page, they will see it on their news feed.

Taz D Jun 05 2014 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehufarm (Post 5832234)
Don't the developers use their page, https://www.facebook.com/pages/Farm-...14745418566392, to notify users? If someone joins/likes this page, they will see it on their news feed.

As has already been stated this was an unscheduled maintenance, so there wasn't any way for them to notify anyone before it happened.

kondor Jun 05 2014 09:56 PM

Aren't animals and buildings one of the very first and fundamental elements of the game? Part of me hopes they accidentally broke it by changing stables to be coin purchase instead of FC, but somehow, I don't think that's the case.

I like the message in red text as the game loads and think that would suffice as an area to announce future, planned maintenance. A newsfeed message is probably going to be missed, as rarely as they notify us.

Snookie Sue Jun 06 2014 08:13 AM

I seem to be having problems with watering & tree maturity times now. Anyone else sensing this? My super animal sheds lost still have no animals - of course the ones I paid hard cash for would be the ones still effected :(

Rob T Jun 06 2014 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snookie Sue (Post 5832462)
I seem to be having problems with watering & tree maturity times now. Anyone else sensing this? My super animal sheds lost still have no animals - of course the ones I paid hard cash for would be the ones still effected :(

Many people were effected, but will take a few days for everyone to be restored.

mac16129 Jun 06 2014 09:50 AM

complain, complain, complain....get a life!

vonalm Jun 06 2014 12:32 PM

thanks for the help :)

lollipopthebunny Jun 06 2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob T (Post 5832178)
It was an unscheduled maintenance, they had to shut down without notice before the glitch with the animals made things worse. Normally, you may have got notice.

Where are the notices sent? On our wall on FB? or ??? I have the FT page checked to 'follow' but not sure that will make a notice show up on my home page an I never go to that page to look at anything.

Thanks for responding!

marymarcel Jun 06 2014 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vonalm (Post 5832626)
thanks for the help :)

You're welcome:)

Taz D Jun 06 2014 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lollipopthebunny (Post 5832630)
Where are the notices sent? On our wall on FB? or ??? I have the FT page checked to 'follow' but not sure that will make a notice show up on my home page an I never go to that page to look at anything.

Thanks for responding!

If they are going to do scheduled maintenance which requires taking the servers down, which is very rare, there will be a message above you farm like there is today about the animals. That way anyone who opens their farm will see it.

dmccrack2000 Jun 06 2014 08:53 PM

Maintenance today?

Starting this afternoon, my trees don' fade when I want to chop, they all stay there. Same with flowers; nothing fades out so it is very hard to see each individual type for harvesting and chopping. Does this have something to do with the maintenance?

KnightRider Jun 06 2014 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmccrack2000 (Post 5832786)
Starting this afternoon, my trees don' fade when I want to chop, they all stay there. Same with flowers; nothing fades out so it is very hard to see each individual type for harvesting and chopping. Does this have something to do with the maintenance?

Down in the right corner you can click through the eye to get to either hidden , dimmed or nothing. I believe the eye open it does nothing, half open it dims and fully closed it hides everything. You can also check the wrench in the preference bar and make sure that the eye is checked.

Taz D Jun 06 2014 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmccrack2000 (Post 5832786)

No it doesn't have anything to do with the maintenance. The maintenance was yesterday morning.
Look in the lower right corner when you have the tool in your hand. There is an eye there. If the eye is wide open then nothing gets hidden. Click it once and it will go to dim out and click it again it will go to hidden. That is how you set the dimout to make things fade or be hidden all together.

kondor Jun 06 2014 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac16129 (Post 5832538)
complain, complain, complain....get a life!

*phew* glad you don't run this game.

firegold flames Jun 06 2014 09:52 PM

In terms, i agree with lollipopbunny , As you said

"It would be nice if the developers could post something on Facebook to show on our HOME page a day ahead of when they are going to do a Maintenance an if possible the amount of time it would be down to players."

But i think FT developer should published it in their FT Fanpage regardless of scheduled or unscheduled . If the maintenance is last minute , they should still post it on their FT page as i mentioned in my first word

Taz D Jun 06 2014 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firegold flames (Post 5832826)
In terms, i agree with lollipopbunny , As you said

"It would be nice if the developers could post something on Facebook to show on our HOME page a day ahead of when they are going to do a Maintenance an if possible the amount of time it would be down to players."

But i think FT developer should published it in their FT Fanpage regardless of scheduled or unscheduled . If the maintenance is last minute , they should still post it on their FT page as i mentioned in my first word

They post it at the top of the farm page when it is is scheduled maintenance. When it is unschedule and crashes there isn't any way for them to give you advance notice.
I am closing this thread as the subject has been thoroughly discussed.

dnana Jun 08 2014 03:41 PM

I had not noticed that, thanks for the tip. :)

dnana Jun 08 2014 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illusions_fan1 (Post 5818654)
The way I speed that stupid box up is like go ahead and harvest the different things (like one of each that's on the farm) then you click and shift the farm, so the farm goes "invisible", but don't let go of the click... this lets the black box register all the different items REALLY fast (well faster than if you sit and stare) then once it's 100% loaded thing you can go about your work no problem :)

This works great, thanks for the tip! I read it when you first posted and have been using it since, much better!! :)

dnana Jun 08 2014 03:52 PM

I'm constantly amazed that I'm still learning this game after 5 years, and the best stuff comes from the mods and helpers. Lots of jaw-dropping, game-changing, moments, people, thank you very much!!

whosyou? Jun 08 2014 11:41 PM

have you tried going offline?I never get that box unless someone else is on my farm working.When I go offline,it stops.Might work.

Qivis Jun 09 2014 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBwolf (Post 5828970)
That black box in the middle of the screen takes too long, can you move it somewhere so we can type a message to someone, only bothers me on large fishing sites, you get done fishing and can't send a note cause you cant see what you've typed

Click 1 body of water of each type and then wait a moment for each fish to load. I find this works better than going through all the fish quickly.

And when it comes to crops, it's best to harvest 10 or so of each kind on a farm and then wait for each to load instead of harvesting everything quickly. The max sized tool at the moment harvests 100 fields at a time, but if you just click on the edge of the farm it gets 10 and the 10 are enough to tell the server what you're getting.

Eradani Jun 09 2014 10:03 AM

i don't know anyone that would make a chicken coop out of new oak lumber, they'd rip up an old pallet like the ones made for the post office. too bad those are made out of pine, lol

KnightRider Jun 09 2014 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eradani (Post 5833638)
i don't know anyone that would make a chicken coop out of new oak lumber, they'd rip up an old pallet like the ones made for the post office. too bad those are made out of pine, lol

If the Farm Buildings factory made them out of old pallets I doubt if they would sell any. If I went to buy a coop and one was made from new lumber and the other was made out of old lumber, I would buy the new coop that would last. That is why all of my factories always uses new or fresh ingredients for quality (not quantity) products.