Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Discussions about Layering (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=632710)

Sqrl Jan 14 2019 11:23 AM

I was playing Farm Town when layering first started and I remember then it was made quite clear it wasn't supported and that players who layered would be on their own if it all went wrong. Now personally I think the devs should have either put a stop to it or supported it, not sat back and thrown up their hands, but that's always been the situation. Layer at your own risk.

ccheney Jan 15 2019 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knolan (Post 6202474)
You have copied & pasted the same message with others, which indicates to me that you have anticipated this happening. I would recommend that whatever the developers have done to create this problem, should reverse it, so that we can all continue playing as we have done, without a loss. A company can't maintain a high level of player spending all of the time. So, if they were trying to find a way for a player to cut back on something in order to increase buying, this is not the way to do it.

The only way to cut down on or stop people from layering is to cut down on the sometimes ridiculous amounts of crops, flowers, trees, and fish we need for a facility. That isn't going to happen so people are going to continue to layer.

Sqrl Jan 15 2019 01:30 PM

I don't agree--layering started long before we had anything like this number of facs.

emptysmith Jan 13 2021 02:38 PM

Layered farms

I noticed my farms have been reduced from 10 layers to only 2 layers. is this what we can expect now? I had 19 50X50 farms with 10 layers that are my primary reason for continuing to play farmtown after 10+ years with thousands of hours and dollars invested.

JCMIT2000 Jan 13 2021 02:46 PM

All good

Quote:

Originally Posted by emptysmith (Post 6411482)
I noticed my farms have been reduced from 10 layers to only 2 layers. is this what we can expect now? I had 19 50X50 farms with 10 layers that are my primary reason for continuing to play farmtown after 10+ years with thousands of hours and dollars invested.

My 9-layer fields are unaffected. Did you have some glitched layers that actually had plots on top of plots?

emptysmith Jan 13 2021 03:31 PM

Low harvest

Today was the first day I noticed it. My layered green grapes were on a 50X50 farm and I only harvested 667000 grapes instead of the usual 2,000,000 (approximate). Yesterday everything worked as expected.

leighwj1960 Jan 15 2021 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emptysmith (Post 6411598)
Today was the first day I noticed it. My layered green grapes were on a 50X50 farm and I only harvested 667000 grapes instead of the usual 2,000,000 (approximate). Yesterday everything worked as expected.

I've noticed lower than normal harvests on everything but I think that is because I am having to do the work myself instead of hiring a stranger from the market.

Poppy559 Jan 24 2021 01:01 PM

I get quite upset when I read that layering fields and plowing under buildings, trees, etc is a "trick" It may have started out that way, but, devs have provided tools like the purple hand that HELPS and SUPPORTS the "tricks". I also have it on very good authority from a friend who writes code for a living, that the devs can programme the "tricks".
The "tricks" have become so much part of the way we play that devs and moderators should really consider NOT calling them tricks any more, and see them as the integral part of the game they have become, and give them back to us. Soon!

Taz D Jan 24 2021 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppy559 (Post 6421174)
I get quite upset when I read that layering fields and plowing under buildings, trees, etc is a "trick" It may have started out that way, but, devs have provided tools like the purple hand that HELPS and SUPPORTS the "tricks". I also have it on very good authority from a friend who writes code for a living, that the devs can programme the "tricks".
The "tricks" have become so much part of the way we play that devs and moderators should really consider NOT calling them tricks any more, and see them as the integral part of the game they have become, and give them back to us. Soon!

Hi Poppy,
The layering has been an unintended addition to the game. They are still tricks and still cause problems with your farms if you do excessive amounts. For that reason the developers will not allow any instructions or help for that in the forums. The purple and even the green hand will allow you to "stack items yes, but there still has to be at least one clear spot (tree size) to set something down. The #EX tools were made to allow the working of existing layering of crops, but no tool has been made that will layer the crops for you.
How much of the layer is available later as the game is being put back together will depend on how well it works in the new language.

leighwj1960 Jan 25 2021 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6421238)
Hi Poppy,
The layering has been an unintended addition to the game. They are still tricks and still cause problems with your farms if you do excessive amounts. For that reason the developers will not allow any instructions or help for that in the forums. The purple and even the green hand will allow you to "stack items yes, but there still has to be at least one clear spot (tree size) to set something down. The #EX tools were made to allow the working of existing layering of crops, but no tool has been made that will layer the crops for you.
How much of the layer is available later as the game is being put back together will depend on how well it works in the new language.

If the Devs completely remove the ability to layer then I will quit the game permanently because without the ability to layer it is impossible to keep my facilities full. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels like this. My only regret is that I have already spent a lot of money on this game