Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

Taz D Jun 18 2016 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsksmom (Post 6077886)
I am wondering if I should download the new facebook arcade. It says it now includes Farm Town. My question is, will this adversely effect the game play or not? I know facebook does things to suit facebook and their games but how will Slashkey be effected?

Edna

Hi Edna,
I moved your post to the Game Feedback thread about the Facebook Arcade. There have been several who have offered opinions about this.

Dulcinea Jun 19 2016 04:13 PM

I haven't tried Facebook Arcade since I posted above. When I tried it, I only tried it with Farm Town and didn't notice any difference. Today I logged in and tried another Facebook game, one I haven't been playing much because ever since my computer updated to Windows 10, most of my games have been running like molasses. What a difference. I could actually play. Then I loaded Farm Town and tried working the industries of this one gal who has everything stacked. Her farm usually takes a bit to load and I've had to hide everything but the industries. Not this time. Each farm loaded right up. So I was wrong. Facebook Arcade does make a difference for me. I'll play around with it a bit more, but it looks like I may be using it from now on.

barbara nixon Jun 19 2016 09:24 PM

+if it has ads then that is why fb has it..just a way to get into us for more ads..i have addblocker..if i wanted to see ads all the time i'd go watch tv...

Dulcinea Jun 20 2016 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbara nixon (Post 6078210)
+if it has ads then that is why fb has it..just a way to get into us for more ads..i have addblocker..if i wanted to see ads all the time i'd go watch tv...

Yeah, that's a drawback. The one game I play has pop-up videos that my adblocker blocks. With no adblocker, I have to endure ten seconds of the ad while I do something else. Also not keen on how there aren't any tabs or separate windows. I always right-click on my pending-in-wall posts and open them in a new tab. It helps me keep track of which ones I've clicked on.

iowagal Jun 25 2016 05:18 PM

Production Chain vs Utiilzation

Can anyone tell me the advantage of using production chain vs utilization in the facilities manager? Which one is your favorite to use or do you use both depending on what you want to know. Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks.

Tiger Jun 25 2016 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iowagal (Post 6080030)
Can anyone tell me the advantage of using production chain vs utilization in the facilities manager? Which one is your favorite to use or do you use both depending on what you want to know. Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks.

Hi iowagal,

I moved your post to general feedback where a discussion will be allowed and those who use those filters can reply to you.

Rainelogan Jun 26 2016 12:45 AM

Feedback on forums

after 7 years and even sober it's a constant battle to figure out what to post where on these forums. where to find relevant info and/or how to find moved posts. maybe it's simpler for those more familiar with the site but for me it's a struggle and no doubt many with even less patience (they do exist), find it's not worth the effort.

this site should be a constant hub of chatter considering the amount of players we have but it's more like a ghost-town consisting of a hand full of old timers and the more persistent. i'm always disappointed this site hasn't been developed to its full potential and is so markedly under-utilized.

i'm not saying efforts haven't been made; i have no way of knowing that. all i know is what 'hasn't' changed and feel a better forum could benefit the game more. <<<< this isn't a suggestion ... it's feedback.

i actually came here today to add a note that i too am finding buttons not working in full-screen and extra clicks in chrome annoying. i can't find the relevant posts about it i saw somewhere the other day hence my extra rant about this forum. i understand the devs know about these issues - just adding a plug as one affected.

Gee Winger Jun 26 2016 11:18 AM

Predator on the loose

Tuesday night, I was playing. I worked a job fishing on a farm that had so many ponds it was bogging down the my connection. I started talking with the farmer about how many fish he had. He lied about most everything. He got my true ID. I thought I might have a new friend, but I had found a scammer. 12 hours later, someone hacked into my friend list, which is private, and sent me a friend request using the ID of an existing friend. Next this fake friend started telling me about how I had won $150K and to contact [mod edit: name removed] to collect it. [mod edit: name removed] said she was with IMF and Facebook, send info including facebook password. This kid that sounded like he was under 24 yrs old then used 2 chats, the fake of my friend and [mod edit: name removed] to try to extract personal info. He was after money. He wanted me to pay $375 shipping charge for the $150K check through Fed-Ex arriving in 4 hours. This scam should sound bad. Fed-Ex does not ship that fast. And the kid was so sure of himself. He was targeting retired, disabled, and unemployed. I don't have a credit card, so he kind of looses out in many ways. But the community needs to be aware that not everyone that plays is safe. One of his statements, "liar liar, pants on fire" should give you a good idea of how young he is.

Tiger Jun 26 2016 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gee Winger (Post 6080258)
Tuesday night, I was playing. I worked a job fishing on a farm that had so many ponds it was bogging down the my connection. I started talking with the farmer about how many fish he had. He lied about most everything. He got my true ID. I thought I might have a new friend, but I had found a scammer. 12 hours later, someone hacked into my friend list, which is private, and sent me a friend request using the ID of an existing friend. Next this fake friend started telling me about how I had won $150K and to contact [mod edit: name removed] to collect it. [mod edit: name removed] said she was with IMF and Facebook, send info including facebook password. This kid that sounded like he was under 24 yrs old then used 2 chats, the fake of my friend and [mod edit: name removed] to try to extract personal info. He was after money. He wanted me to pay $375 shipping charge for the $150K check through Fed-Ex arriving in 4 hours. This scam should sound bad. Fed-Ex does not ship that fast. And the kid was so sure of himself. He was targeting retired, disabled, and unemployed. I don't have a credit card, so he kind of looses out in many ways. But the community needs to be aware that not everyone that plays is safe. One of his statements, "liar liar, pants on fire" should give you a good idea of how young he is.

Hi Gee Winger,

I have moved your post into it's own thread as you seem to have met these people in the game rather than Facebooks Live Chat. I have also removed names from your post, we do not permit real names to be posted here unless it it the poster doing it or you have their permission.

You will need to report these people to facebook and perhaps block them yourself so they can no longer message you.

This is not something we can do for you.

If they pester you whilst in the game you can report them or ignore them by clicking on their avatar. Depending on what they have done they will be prevented from sending messages form the game to anyone for a set amount of time, longer if they persist.

Taz D Jun 26 2016 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainelogan (Post 6080130)
after 7 years and even sober it's a constant battle to figure out what to post where on these forums. where to find relevant info and/or how to find moved posts. maybe it's simpler for those more familiar with the site but for me it's a struggle and no doubt many with even less patience (they do exist), find it's not worth the effort.

this site should be a constant hub of chatter considering the amount of players we have but it's more like a ghost-town consisting of a hand full of old timers and the more persistent. i'm always disappointed this site hasn't been developed to its full potential and is so markedly under-utilized.

i'm not saying efforts haven't been made; i have no way of knowing that. all i know is what 'hasn't' changed and feel a better forum could benefit the game more. <<<< this isn't a suggestion ... it's feedback.

i actually came here today to add a note that i too am finding buttons not working in full-screen and extra clicks in chrome annoying. i can't find the relevant posts about it i saw somewhere the other day hence my extra rant about this forum. i understand the devs know about these issues - just adding a plug as one affected.

Hi Raine,
If I am understanding your problem you came to ask about for Chrome, this is the relevent information that was posted by the developers in the release for this month:
We just confirmed that the latest update of Chrome introduced a few issues:

a) Some text is thinner and more difficult to read
b) Using the mouse wheel in full screen mode is generating mouse clicks as well

They are aware of the problem and working on a solution.

By "they" that means Google is working on a solution.

As far as the forums what would you like to see changed to get more participants in it?
The Forum Guide does have some threads in that to help guide you where to post things in here. Beyond that I am not sure how much easier we can make it.