Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

KnightRider Jul 21 2014 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlesallysanctus (Post 5851150)
It is demotivating to not be able to watch your advancement and levels as they are achieved. That's the way it was and everyone signed on for it. This is being controlled. At first everyone was told there would be double farmcash for levels past 500. then no...everyone was furious and righteously so. such dishonor to promise then recant
There there was the thing about ok no more names of levels which was ok by everyone.

There are probably hundreds of levels ready and waiting. like to 1,000.

I haven't posted in this thread, but I have to on this one.

First it was never promised 2 FC past level 500, below is the quote from the release and it never stated what you said.

Quote:

2. 25 New Levels: Top level will now be 500. A special gift this time for top level users, levels 476-500 will grant 2 farmcash instead of one.
Second the game has been going for over 5 years and they have been doing the levels the same for at least 4 years. There is no dishonor. I think the developers have done an excellent job of keeping the game going.

heartnrose Jul 21 2014 07:45 PM

Fish vs Flowers vs Trees-Help!

Not sure where this would go , but looked everywhere I thought and could not come up with an answer. I compared my fish that were sold at market to the price I got for my flowers and the flowers didn't seem to make as much.. But I have more flowers and it seems I don't get as much money total for the flowers. Does it take more flowers like a bushel and how many does that include to make up the same dollars as the fish. I don't know if that made sense but is hard for me to explain. Any help would be appreciated....Thanks:)

KnightRider Jul 21 2014 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartnrose (Post 5851238)
Not sure where this would go , but looked everywhere I thought and could not come up with an answer. I compared my fish that were sold at market to the price I got for my flowers and the flowers paid more. But I have more flowers and it seems I don't get as much money total for the flowers. Does it take more flowers like a bushel and how many does that include to make up the same dollars as the fish. I don't know if that made sense but is hard for me to explain. Any help would be appreciated....Thanks:)

Best thing I can tell you is to go into the store and see which item sells for the most coins, it tells you how much can be sold for at the market. I don't think anyone has went through and compared fish, flowers and trees and wrote down what pays the most.

EDIT: I just noticed that fish isn't in the store, to see the prices for fish you would have to go to your storage and look or go to the Game Guide in the Fishing thread and it show how much for fish. It looks like the lowest coins for fish is 50.

illusions_fan1 Jul 22 2014 09:22 PM

Thank You!!

Today I went and had a sticky beak at probably one of your main competitors for "farms" and it made me so grateful for EVERYTHING you guys do for us! They had some milk and egg collecting abilities and whatnot but just a weird old fruit stand type stall... NO FUN! I'll take your facilities any day and your customer service. You are so willing to listen to ideas your consumers have and are eager to keep us happy.

So thank you for everything you guys do for us! :D

1fritz Jul 24 2014 08:15 AM

Hi I've never compared how much I make on fish vs trees or flowers. It would be interesting to see,

Fritz

dnana Jul 24 2014 11:10 AM

DITTO!!!! Other 'farm' games do not compare!! Thanks!!!!

heartnrose Jul 24 2014 09:48 PM

Comparison
Okay, I did do the comparison. It was based on 1 field only 30x30. 1 layer orange lily, 1 layer date trees, ponds on outer edge 4 sides. For me, the trees paid much much better than the fish. I was correct in that I was getting more for the fish, but in all rights I have 5 times more fish, but they pay almost $150 less than the trees and $50 less than the lily. I based this on the highest paying trees and flowers. My payout is higher than what the store shows, but am assuming that has to do with belts/dans but not sure what those are so cannot say. The difference again, will depend on what the payout of the trees and flowers are if they will pay more than the fish. But I am happy with my results...thank you Knightrider...made me determined to find an answer...lol.

illusions_fan1 Jul 24 2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartnrose (Post 5852466)
Comparison
Okay, I did do the comparison. It was based on 1 field only 30x30. 1 layer orange lily, 1 layer date trees, ponds on outer edge 4 sides. For me, the trees paid much much better than the fish. I was correct in that I was getting more for the fish, but in all rights I have 5 times more fish, but they pay almost $150 less than the trees and $50 less than the lily. I based this on the highest paying trees and flowers. My payout is higher than what the store shows, but am assuming that has to do with belts/dans but not sure what those are so cannot say. The difference again, will depend on what the payout of the trees and flowers are if they will pay more than the fish. But I am happy with my results...thank you Knightrider...made me determined to find an answer...lol.

Well that's not fair on the fishing front... if say for a fake example each side of the square of a farm was 30 spots long it would be 30+30+28+28 (you can't use the corners twice) = 116 ponds around the outer edge. Meanwhile you filled the inside with trees. 28x28 = 784 trees. That's a whole lot more trees than ponds. :confused:

KnightRider Jul 24 2014 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heartnrose (Post 5852466)
Comparison

Your welcome.

ccheney Jul 24 2014 11:38 PM

I used to play the "ville" game and it got to be too much continuously asking for things from neighbors. 15 hammers, 20 nails, 20 buckets of paint etc to build one shed,constantly posting requests to send energy, running out of energy and being unable to do anything and the biggie having to constantly get new neighbors, people who weren't already players to get more things and advance in the game which I refused to do because I wasn't going to beg people who didn't want to play the game to play it. It got so that my newsfeed was nothing but game requests. That is why I like FarmTown. We are more self sufficient. Yes we need neighbors for certain things but we don't need to beg for every little thing we need.