Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

marymarcel Apr 02 2014 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbcashman (Post 5804570)
Posted a problem and it was nice to get a response, even though it was un-satisfactory!! I am missing items, I do not wish to get coin value for said items, as what good would that do, as items can not be bought!!! Only Slashkey can screw up, don't have these problems from KING or ZYNGA games!!

Hi mbcashman!

You were asked to contact Support Team,so that we cant refund you through the forum and for us it is the best option you have not only to received coins for your lost gifts,but to let them check deeper your account and try to find the best solution for you.

thehufarm Apr 02 2014 05:24 PM

Thanks guys, that explains a lot! Happy farming.

Shantily Apr 05 2014 08:24 AM

my issue is the size of the farms and then the ugly black box that loads stuff in the middle.. i have ALWAYS had a problem when there is more than one person on a farm and the owner has anything but default grass on the ground.. its odd and not my computers problem.. this has been an annoyance since i started a long time ago. when u go into full screen u still cant see all of the farm.. thats too big imho... and another annoying thing is when the owner puts one tree in the corner... any of them... think ur done working? nope gotta have that tree or a small pond in the corner or the flower thats blending in with the ground :(

anglnwhite Apr 05 2014 02:28 PM

Clearing Macromedia Flash files

The moderators have been very busy updating forum threads!

I make a habit of clearing my macromedia flash files, memcache and browser history at least once a month so that Farm Town operates without issue. Until recently, I used Amberdh's link to clear my macromedia files, but that link is now gone.

Does Slashkey still recommend clearing macromedia files on a regular basis? I've saved the website to my favorites, but someone may want to provide a link in the forum so that the "not so computer savvy" know where to go to do this.

Thanks for all that you do, mods. You are appreciated.

Rob T Apr 05 2014 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anglnwhite (Post 5806470)
The moderators have been very busy updating forum threads!

I make a habit of clearing my macromedia flash files, memcache and browser history at least once a month so that Farm Town operates without issue. Until recently, I used Amberdh's link to clear my macromedia files, but that link is now gone.

Does Slashkey still recommend clearing macromedia files on a regular basis? I've saved the website to my favorites, but someone may want to provide a link in the forum so that the "not so computer savvy" know where to go to do this.

Thanks for all that you do, mods. You are appreciated.

Hi, there is a link to the macromedia site in this thread

http://slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=352666

This is really the only place that it's needed, because if you are in need of using it, then you may also need the rest of the loading tips too.

Eri Apr 06 2014 04:45 PM

Dummies' Guide to Trains - N00b Qs Alert

Is there a comprehensive yet simple introduction to trains guide somewhere? I've looked several places in the forums, to no avail. I'd be thrilled if I could find answers instead of pestering others with my questions, but for now:

1. Someone gave me a train. What do I do with it?
2. Do I have to lay tracks on every farm, just those with facilities, or what?
3. Do we actually see the trains move, or are they "hidden"?
4. considering the cost, are they a good deal overall? (I realize that this is highly subjective)
5. Do I have to make a train yard & such?
6. Where do the products go - directly to storage?
7. Is every train dispatched automatically, or do I control them somehow, or what?

So...if someone can a) tell me where to find a guide that answers these questions & others of the same ilk, or 2) would answer my questions, I'd be VERY appreciative.

I'm an oldster (in more ways than one) who stopped playing FT 1 - 2 years ago, and just started playing again about two weeks ago. There are a LOT of new things in the game - most of them I LOVE - but I need answers about some of them.

Thank you!

Taz D Apr 06 2014 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eri (Post 5806862)
Is there a comprehensive yet simple introduction to trains guide somewhere? I've looked several places in the forums, to no avail. I'd be thrilled if I could find answers instead of pestering others with my questions, but for now:

1. Someone gave me a train. What do I do with it?

That depends on what they gave you. If it was a car then you need an engine to connect it to. If it was an engine then you need the Farm Cash bought cars to connect to it.

Quote:

2. Do I have to lay tracks on every farm, just those with facilities, or what?

You do not have to lay any tracks if you do not want to. The teains can sit on your farm without any track and will still work.

Quote:

3. Do we actually see the trains move, or are they "hidden"?

The trains do not move. They do go transparent when dispatched.

Quote:

4. considering the cost, are they a good deal overall? (I realize that this is highly subjective)

That would depend on you. If you need extra product brought by the cars or want to have enough cars for the mayor to help with facility work for your neighbors then they are worth it to me, but you have to decide that for yourself.

Quote:

5. Do I have to make a train yard & such?

As with the track wuestion you do not have to have any track or yard. That part of the trains is nothing more than decoration.

Quote:

6. Where do the products go - directly to storage?

The products go directly into your storage when you unload your train.

Quote:

7. Is every train dispatched automatically, or do I control them somehow, or what?

You control when they are dispatched. You can find out when they have returned by using the clock tool in your toolbox. There is a tab for trains in that tool.

Quote:

So...if someone can a) tell me where to find a guide that answers these questions & others of the same ilk, or 2) would answer my questions, I'd be VERY appreciative.

I'm an oldster (in more ways than one) who stopped playing FT 1 - 2 years ago, and just started playing again about two weeks ago. There are a LOT of new things in the game - most of them I LOVE - but I need answers about some of them.

Thank you!

The best source of information on the trains is the Game Guide chapter for Trains. Here is a link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492298

Eri Apr 07 2014 08:18 PM

Thanks for the info.

The link you posted, though, isn't comprehensive - not for people like me who can't figure out things easily (sorry, several disabilities mess up my head).

At least three people have given me locomotives (not cars). I had another in my box earlier, but when I tried to collect it, I received a message saying something like "cannot accept, train is ahead of schedule".

I can't find these locomotives anywhere. I just purchased a FT cash long car, but have nothing to connect it to. Where did the various engines/locomotives go? When I click on the clock in my menu, it says I have no trains.

Am I supposed to "store" my long car?

I'm lost. Apparently.

KnightRider Apr 07 2014 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eri (Post 5807206)
Thanks for the info.

The link you posted, though, isn't comprehensive - not for people like me who can't figure out things easily (sorry, several disabilities mess up my head).

At least three people have given me locomotives (not cars). I had another in my box earlier, but when I tried to collect it, I received a message saying something like "cannot accept, train is ahead of schedule".

I can't find these locomotives anywhere. I just purchased a FT cash long car, but have nothing to connect it to. Where did the various engines/locomotives go? When I click on the clock in my menu, it says I have no trains.

Am I supposed to "store" my long car?

I'm lost. Apparently.

You are talking about sending you a boost request, they are not sending you a locomotive. When you click on My Requests and see the locomotive they are wanting you to boost their train and the error message you are getting is that enough people have already boosted the train. If someone was to send you a locomotive as a gift that would have went into your gift box and not the My Request tab, that is for train boosts and gifts from the gift page.

barbara nixon Apr 09 2014 12:52 PM

i LOVE the new train feature where u can do all your neighbors posts in one fell swoop..since this is a social game and i have really good neighbors, it gives me more time to do almost all of them...helps them and helps me too..those who don't want to spend the fc should quit complaining..if u have noticed all the games require real money at some point or another..i am on very limited income and it's my only entertainment...and i still keep some back for my game(entertainment)..keep up the good work Devs..