Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

KnightRider Dec 08 2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debi Ryan (Post 5736522)
thank U knightrider.......but if I want to put them on different farms ...I can right? and still dispatch them? and in the new release it is say I can have 2 engines on one set of cars right?
on and each end?

Your welcome.

Yes you can put them on different farms if you want, I have 2 trains on different farms, one is my main train and the second has one boxcar of items I needed. But no you can't hook 2 engines to a set of boxcars, that glitch has been fixed. Only one engine can be hooked to a set of boxcars now.

Debi Ryan Dec 08 2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KnightRider (Post 5736534)
Your welcome.

Yes you can put them on different farms if you want, I have 2 trains on different farms, one is my main train and the second has one boxcar of items I needed. But no you can't hook 2 engines to a set of boxcars, that glitch has been fixed. Only one engine can be hooked to a set of boxcars now.

ok thank U have a good night

KnightRider Dec 08 2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Debi Ryan (Post 5736550)
ok thank U have a good night

Your welcome and you have a good night or day whichever is appropriate.

Annie of Green Gables Dec 09 2013 01:26 AM

Slash make unfair changes to the game...

In answer to this post:::

OK, who tinkered with the trains? I had a number of cars with a locomotive on each end. This made possible a 1 click operation when visiting farms to click on facilities and collecting everything on that farm in one click. That was most convenient. Now when I went to dispatch my one train I got an error reading which said the car was part of another train and was already dispatched. So the train sits and when I visit a farm now to collect on facilities it means a number of clicks to get the stuff. If I want to get it back as before, it looks like I will have to buy a bunch of cars and set up another train. This I refuse to do and no longer will visit neighbors to collect. The FT are making lots of money as it is, but it appears that greed is still the name of the game :-(

C. D. Harriger, Agitated Farmer from Belsano PA :-(

Many players are ropable at Slash for changing the rules regarding the Engines. All players bought these tools out of good faith and were led to believe they were a necessity to the game.

My problem is I don't understand why Slash sold these Engines knowing they were going to change the format, or glitches, but in all honesty, I did not know this was a glitch, I bought these tools out of good faith thinking it was part of the game structure, and the tools to be used to our advantage as far as the game goes. I just feel saddened that most have bought these Engines in good faith, but in doing so, we were buying these items under false pretence, and I believe it is wrong. I implore Slash to change the Engine format back to where it was before. The players feel cheated by your actions... :mad:

I also feel that we have freedom of speech, and that being said, we should not have our posts edited, or deleted by the Moderators. We should be able to stand up as players of the game, and give our views.

I am contemplating sending a letter to Slash asking for my money to be refunded back to me if there is no change. I have spent hundreds of dollars. I don't mind if Slash feel the need to check this. I have Engines, and carriages that I do not need any longer; they have become redundant thanks to the changes by Slash...

KnightRider Dec 09 2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annie of Green Gables (Post 5736978)
In answer to this post:::

OK, who tinkered with the trains? I had a number of cars with a locomotive on each end. This made possible a 1 click operation when visiting farms to click on facilities and collecting everything on that farm in one click. That was most convenient. Now when I went to dispatch my one train I got an error reading which said the car was part of another train and was already dispatched. So the train sits and when I visit a farm now to collect on facilities it means a number of clicks to get the stuff. If I want to get it back as before, it looks like I will have to buy a bunch of cars and set up another train. This I refuse to do and no longer will visit neighbors to collect. The FT are making lots of money as it is, but it appears that greed is still the name of the game :-(

C. D. Harriger, Agitated Farmer from Belsano PA :-(

Many players are ropable at Slash for changing the rules regarding the Engines. All players bought these tools out of good faith and were led to believe they were a necessity to the game.

My problem is I don't understand why Slash sold these Engines knowing they were going to change the format, or glitches, but in all honesty, I did not know this was a glitch, I bought these tools out of good faith thinking it was part of the game structure, and the tools to be used to our advantage as far as the game goes. I just feel saddened that most have bought these Engines in good faith, but in doing so, we were buying these items under false pretence, and I believe it is wrong. I implore Slash to change the Engine format back to where it was before. The players feel cheated by your actions... :mad:

I also feel that we have freedom of speech, and that being said, we should not have our posts edited, or deleted by the Moderators. We should be able to stand up as players of the game, and give our views.

I am contemplating sending a letter to Slash asking for my money to be refunded back to me if there is no change. I have spent hundreds of dollars. I don't mind if Slash feel the need to check this. I have Engines, and carriages that I do not need any longer; they have become redundant thanks to the changes by Slash...

You mentioned changing the rules, below is the rule for the trains according to the game guide trains section:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob T
You may have 1 Long Boxcar of each type per train, if you purchase another of the same Long Boxcars, it will have to be coupled to the other train. Meaning you can have a total of 5 of each boxcar so long as they are on different trains. Any additional Long Boxcars would serve only as decorations and will not carry any products.

The rule is still the same, what they did is to fix a glitch, which could be considered a bug due to all of the people that had to have their train data cleared because having more than 1 engine attached to the same boxcars corrupted their train data.

All the glitches in the game is use at your own risk, any of them could be corrected at any time with or without warning.

Annie of Green Gables Dec 09 2013 03:21 AM

Well I never had one problem with my trains. Not one! It took me a long while to understand how the trains worked, having said this, I still don't think what Slash did was right, nothing will change my mind, or the many hundreds of other players who are feeling cheated.

KnightRider you are in a privialidged position and can say what you like, without the hinder, of having your posts removed!!?? Having stated this, this problem isn't going to go away; there are too many people outraged at what has happened...

Taz D Dec 09 2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annie of Green Gables (Post 5737014)
Well I never had one problem with my trains. Not one! It took me a long while to understand how the trains worked, having said this, I still don't think what Slash did was right, nothing will change my mind, or the many hundreds of other players who are feeling cheated.

KnightRider you are in a privialidged position and can say what you like, without the hinder, of having your posts removed!!?? Having stated this, this problem isn't going to go away; there are too many people outraged at what has happened...

Knightrider as well as myself are not privileged in any way. We are just players like yourself and do get posts edited or removed if we cross the line. Read the rules of the forum again and you will see that there are guideline of what can be said and what cannot.
Whether you had problems or not is not a factor on the trains. You and many others, myself included, took advantage of a glitch in the game that was never intended to be there as evidenced by the game guide.

Fireball Dec 09 2013 04:00 PM

I really think the timing was unreal...Slashkey..aka..SCROOGE

PJs Acres Dec 10 2013 12:18 AM

Santa

Dear Santa,
I would like a glitch and problem free Farmtown for Christmas so there will be no more "surprises". If you could make that happen, it truly would be a miraculous day as I have wished for this for quite some time. Some say Santa is a fantasy...I am beginning to believe so is my wish.

Farmgirl_Su Dec 10 2013 08:12 AM

May i throw my thought into the pot.

We all know the rules, we all know there are certain glitches we can profit by but if those glitches are fix,then C'est la vie.
we carry on and wait until someone finds another glitch..

If anyone spent money buying multi engines ( i didn't) well ,they were aware of the chance of it being sorted.
Plus by having them and having 100% on facility clicks they were cheating other members from getting friends goods.
It been obvious the last few month if you don't get to a posted Service or Facility in the first 3mins, you have wasted your time because the full train clickers have taken everything. so good for Slashkey fixing this.

Bottom line it is a GAME!
we chose to spend money if we like .We play only against ourselves at our own speed so there is no need to buy any 'extras' if you don't want to.It's all optional. Enjoy the game and please people stop whining about the gifting of FC good from fake accounts and the loss of the Train glitch.. Just enjoy the game and another glitch will be along soon..

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all!!:)