Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

billwilliams May 01 2016 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiMo1960 (Post 6064582)
I am having to disagree highly with this comment.
Farm Town is the LESS GREEDY game out of many game I have played or still play.
I will keep paying for FT as it is my #1 game on FB.
As for lag problems, well I have discovered that graphics is the issue and not bugs within the game. I upgraded my graphics card in my main machine and can now load FT farms (of my own) in full screen mode without issues, although it does slow when trying to load every item on that farm, hence why I hide all but crops trees flowers and ponds when I play.
My other pc which I play FT on with a 2nd account (yes I'm an addict) is a much older machine with only a single core processor, so only one item is shown at any one one (ie crops or trees), and when working farms I only show the top corner of the crop field section to keep the speed up. I can only use this pc as I upgraded with the same graphics card (would not load FT before this card) but the pc is too old and slow.
I will soon be forking out £210 for a new motherboard and i5 processor for my main pc then using the old board and chip in my older pc so I can then play FT properley on both pc's.
FT has become very heavy on memory and graphics, but a little money on pc items can easily overcome these game issues, and no you do not need the latest DDR4 set up, DDR3 boards with series 4 i5 1150 chips will easily manage the game.
(had to get that of my chest)

i never said for anyone else to quit the game, nor am i implying that they should, and it was the only game i played on FB. as far as the graphics go i have more than enough to play the game. the problem does lie with the servers and i will not play until they have it fixed, i do play other games on line that require much more graphics and memory than FT could ever use and not a single problem, why because the developers know that if their servers arent up to scratch and they have lag in these games they will lose customers. that is the point i am making, they have known the servers werent good enough for years and they still refuse to fix the problem, either by speeding up the servers or by removing the glitch that causes it to happen! The bugs i spoke of are bugs that could be avoided, as time has gone on more and more bugs continue to pop up after updates because they do not thoroughly test the upgrades(inside knowledge on that BTW) the choose to impliment the upgrades and deal with the bugs later, even if it means you cant get on your farms, they really do not care if you can or not(inside knowledge on that as well) their entire attitude towards it "lots of people have to much time and money invested so they will deal with the problems after we caused them" that is an actual quote! yes it is greed and it will continue to be such until we the consumers make them change!!!!

NiMo1960 May 01 2016 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billwilliams (Post 6064590)
i never said for anyone else to quit the game, nor am i implying that they should, and it was the only game i played on FB. as far as the graphics go i have more than enough to play the game. the problem does lie with the servers and i will not play until they have it fixed, i do play other games on line that require much more graphics and memory than FT could ever use and not a single problem, why because the developers know that if their servers arent up to scratch and they have lag in these games they will lose customers. that is the point i am making, they have known the servers werent good enough for years and they still refuse to fix the problem, either by speeding up the servers or by removing the glitch that causes it to happen! The bugs i spoke of are bugs that could be avoided, as time has gone on more and more bugs continue to pop up after updates because they do not thoroughly test the upgrades(inside knowledge on that BTW) the choose to impliment the upgrades and deal with the bugs later, even if it means you cant get on your farms, they really do not care if you can or not(inside knowledge on that as well) their entire attitude towards it "lots of people have to much time and money invested so they will deal with the problems after we caused them" that is an actual quote! yes it is greed and it will continue to be such until we the consumers make them change!!!!

Hmmm servers ?

Another game I play has issues, playing through FB the game has serious stutters and delays, fortunately they have their own Portal site which plays the same game outside of FB (and has a few bonuses too), but even better the same game can also be played on an ipad, and on my 7" Kindle Fire it plays the smoothest of the three options, so I boot up portal site for bonuses, close the game then boot up my Fire to play the game.

FB is the problem for many game servers, and they keep messing things up.

Often FT cannot be loaded via FB home page, but the BOOKMARKED page for FT loads with no issues.

max_river May 01 2016 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billwilliams (Post 6064578)
thats the point it shouldnt slow the game down, and if it is a glitch why havent they fixed it yet? it has been years, they dont want to fix this so called glitch and i will tell you why they wont fix this glitch, people who use the "glitch" are the people who spend a ton of money on tools and upgrades and fc facilities. that is why they wont fix the "glitch" because it isnt a glitch, they allow it to happen. they have fixed other glitches such as the bait glitch, overstocking animals from gifts glitch...etc this one has been around for years and they havent done it. no it isnt ridiculous to want them to speed it up and it isnt instant satisfaction, it has been around for years!!!!!! essentially the people who play the game and spend their money for the farm cash to spend in the game, are using a service, so i pay for the service to play them gam, why because they want me to spend money, on the service they proivide, this is why they continue to put more fc items into the game so that more money can be spent, it is a service, i have spent the money on the items so that the "glitch" can be utilize, which is exactly what they want to happen, but through GREED, they refuse to either stop the glitch from happening, or the continue to let it happen so that more fc is spent knowing full well that it will slow the servers, and yet refuse to fix it and or speed it up. And additionally, life is like that when you are paying for a service, if you are not getting the service that you are paying for, 1. you complain until it is fixed. 2. you do nothing and live with it and get ripped off. 3. you stop using the service. i guarantee that if even a quarter of the people stopped spending money on fc until the sped up the service they provide, it wouldnt be long until they did! IT is greed, yes it is a game, but it is a game most of us have spent actual real money on! and continue to spend money on to advance further into the game, that makes it a service.
tell you what next time you go get a steak and one it is smaller than you thought it should be and over or under cooked, dont send it back eat it anyway, and keep doing that at the same place every single time! the principals are the same. its not whining to ask what you pay for, paid for the tools the farms the upgrades so that the tools could be used, the so called "glitch" is a myth, they want it there, therefore they should do what it takes to ensure that what they have allowed to be done could be done, it is part of the game, because they havent stopped the so called "glitch"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they have not fix the overstocking of animals from the gift page

whosyou? May 01 2016 04:35 PM

The glitch you are whining about...that also affects those that do farm designs...and it would render the glove useless.The glitch is what makes most people continue playing.This glitch also doesn't affect everyone as not everyone uses it.It also does not slow everyone down.

As far as your greed comment.....how about you go open a business and give your **** away for free and see how long your doors stay open.Also....guess what...last time I checked..making money was a good thing.

billwilliams May 01 2016 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whosyou? (Post 6064746)
The glitch you are whining about...that also affects those that do farm designs...and it would render the glove useless.The glitch is what makes most people continue playing.This glitch also doesn't affect everyone as not everyone uses it.It also does not slow everyone down.

As far as your greed comment.....how about you go open a business and give your **** away for free and see how long your doors stay open.Also....guess what...last time I checked..making money was a good thing.

lmao, i never said i wanted anything for free, several times people have put words or ideas in that i simply have not stated. i know it is a business, i have no problem with them making a profit, however, i know at least 50 people who have stopped playing, and there will be more to come, the more they put into the game the more it slows down, simply because they refuse to either fix the glitches in the game that cause these slow downs or increase the speed of their servers. it is greed, they do not want to spend the money to do either of these things, why is that????? simple, greed, i am fully aware that they need to make a profit, no problem, how much more profit and how many more people will come back to play if they actually fixed these things, answer, more than 50,000 people!!!!!!! over the years more than a million players have come and gone, biggest reason why they left . LAG!!!!!!!!!
now think 50,000 people spending average of $20 a month what does that come out too? instant revenue of a million a month, and that is just the begining, why dont they do this? simple they have it easy in what they are doing, to actually supply what is actually needed to play the game so that all may benefit would cost them about 35% more in labor and equipment in the initial, and over a 3 year period with increase in sales from bringing back old customers and making new ones, that cost would turn into even more percentage of profit than what they are making now if they plan ahead! because they actually show the players who spend their money that they can accommodate what they allow in the game, more and more would come, and there would be more revenue!!!!!!! so basically under a business platform, if you wish to continue to grow generate revenue and increase sales with existing and new customers, shouldnt a company plan ahead and make sure that what they are selling can be utilized in the manner to which they were purchased? they answer to that is YES! have they done this NO!!!!!!! now here is the question, why have they not done this? answer is simple, because they believe they dont have too!

Happy Farmer 101 May 01 2016 05:07 PM

just for the record... I have no complaints .. there is no lag.. the game is fine, wish people would just play and stop complaining...

Taz D May 01 2016 05:17 PM

It is time for me to close this thread. I think all that can be said by both sides of this discussion have had their say and there is nothing more to be said. So before it gets down to name calling or worse, this thread is closed.

Qivis May 04 2016 09:07 AM

Is it offline again now? I have been getting nothing but "loading user" for nearly an hour now and I have already cleared my browser cache, Farm Town Cache, all pages on Adobe Flash Player settings and even restarted my computer - all to no avail.

Taz D May 04 2016 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qivis (Post 6065358)
Is it offline again now? I have been getting nothing but "loading user" for nearly an hour now and I have already cleared my browser cache, Farm Town Cache, all pages on Adobe Flash Player settings and even restarted my computer - all to no avail.

Hi Qivis,
No it is not off line now. At least not by Farm Town intentionally. I have loaded my farms just fine.

RozeeS May 04 2016 11:42 AM

Items in Farm Cash Facilities

When is Farm Town going to give us value for money?

You put out many Retail Facilities that often need more than one item we have to make in another Farm Cash facility.

Examples:-
Toy Factory there are several items such as Doll, Teddy Bear, Rubber Ducky used in more than one Retail facility

Sewing Mill; Ties! I have had this facility for a very long time and still cannot produce enough to fill my retail! Even though I only probably load twice a week.

Knitting and Knotting: Hammock this is another one I have had a long time and if I load weekly into all my retail would soon run out.

Perfume Facility: Perfume I am always short of this one although at least I am able to request it using the Personal Care Factory.

Why cant you give us enough to fill our Retail at least a couple of times a week without having to buy a second Farm Cash facility in order to do so?

And I can see that I am going to have to buy another Cinnamon Facility shortly because with all the new facilities you have added my resources are slowly depleting.

Farm Town "You" sometimes up items in Coin facilities so why wont you do this for Farm Cash ones we have paid our valuable Farm Cash (Dollars) for?

I am sure there are many other items that you do not let us make enough of to supply the Retail Facilities and other Facilities that rely on these items

I have stopped loading many of these items until I have built up a big enough supply so I don't make myself short when doing co-op quests.

Personally I find this mean on your part and not within the spirit of the game; making us buy more FC facilities so we can fill the Retail items you give us and often want us to buy by putting them in the mix of Quests