Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

Amber Leigh Nov 04 2014 07:45 AM

During my first year or two year one at FT, I used flowers frozen at a mid growing stage to decorate. FT partially grown flowers are one of my favorite design elements.

I'm attempting to repeat the process at my farm 12 and its not working. As before, the flowers reach a certain maturity and I freeze; however, when I leave FT and return, the flowers remain frozen but suspended at the state as if I had just planted.

Is there any known action or anything I can do take do to defeat this glitch? Will flowers only freeze properly if on certain farms or are all flowers not freezing correctly?

TIA

Eradani Nov 04 2014 08:14 AM

weird. i just visited your farm and the orange and yellow poppies are doing what they're supposed to do but the red poppies are seedlings even though they're closer to being ready. i checked my farm that has every flower in every stage of growth and they're all ok.

Amber Leigh Nov 04 2014 10:00 AM

The growing flowers reverted back to seedlings after I freezing ... :(

marymarcel Nov 04 2014 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Leigh (Post 5895654)
The growing flowers reverted back to seedlings after I freezing ... :(

Hi Amber Leigh:)

We have let the developers know about this issue, hopefully they will find a fix for this issue.:)

trina531 Nov 04 2014 10:45 AM

I know if I use flowers bought in the store I can freeze them and they have stayed frozen, but if I take flowers out of my storage and place them on another farm and try to freeze them they will not stay frozen.

Amber Leigh Nov 04 2014 09:11 PM

I don't know if developers made an adjustment or doing what I just did is what works, but here it is ...

I froze another group of flowers that were within 2 hours of full maturity. Like before, the flowers froze and I left farm town. Like before, I returned to find the flowers still frozen; however, this time not I discover them frozen as seedling, but as a flower one stage below the stage actually frozen and one stage of growth above seedlng.

Maybe that is the trick ... that a frozen flower not fully matured will freeze as one stage back and when I froze when only one stage above seedling, freezing kicked it back one stage --- to seedling.

Not perfect, but acceptable. Will continue to follow this tread and, also, report if i notice a difference.

Many thanks!

PapaDoe Nov 04 2014 10:18 PM

I hope I'm not out of line here... however I have read some of your postings and I've come to the conclusion that I think you have missed the whole thing about playing this "game" on your computer... I'm only on level 156 or 157.. and I just enjoy going into that market place and watch and laugh at these "picky" and "spoiled " farmers wanting to plow and harvest but you gotta have this and I wont do that .. and I don't fish ..I don't do flowers.... What the Hay people... It's just a game on a computer... when the day is done and you turn it off if you do.. there is nothing to put into your pockets no bills you gotta pay.. it's just a game... I struggle keeping fuel now... but I work till I run out and i go again... I don't sweat the complications of becoming a big time farmer because I just want to come on here do a little begging for a job... work and finish it... carry on a little conversation maybe... and go on.. I have met some great people on here just because I stopped and took time to say hello... and we didn't talk about anything but how proud we are of our real families or our dogs.. and just the thrill to be looking at an avatar that represents somebody whose probably 100's of miles away ..there together ..on a farm.. in my little room.. talking life..sorry guys... felt I just had to say that... Don't make everything in your life so complicated you can't enjoy this time with all these people with a thousand different stories to tell.... if you just let them.. have a little fun for once... it's just a game..

Eradani Nov 05 2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Leigh (Post 5896034)
I don't know if developers made an adjustment or doing what I just did is what works, but here it is ...

I froze another group of flowers that were within 2 hours of full maturity. Like before, the flowers froze and I left farm town. Like before, I returned to find the flowers still frozen; however, this time not I discover them frozen as seedling, but as a flower one stage below the stage actually frozen and one stage of growth above seedlng.

Maybe that is the trick ... that a frozen flower not fully matured will freeze as one stage back and when I froze when only one stage above seedling, freezing kicked it back one stage --- to seedling.

Not perfect, but acceptable. Will continue to follow this tread and, also, report if i notice a difference.

Many thanks!

check out my farm Canwood Pines, i have every flower frozen in every stage of growth. it is possible to freeze them anytime and have them stay that way.

in the post above your's, trina says she thinks the difference is buying from the store, or taking out of storage.

Amber Leigh Nov 05 2014 01:41 PM

Eradani, I'm an oldie on FT and I agree that it was possible, but it wasn't on my farm 12 the day I initially posted.

Anyway, tested again and everything seems to be as it should an I'm very appreciative to be able to freeze flowers just as I use to once again. :)

rjohn726 Nov 06 2014 06:19 AM

Utilization has gone up

I seem to be seeing that the Utilization has gone up across the board on at least the trees and the crops.

That is also a good thing as it will make for a more interesting game

I like the challenge that will bring

But then that is me.