Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Neighbors, Super Neighbors, & Buddies (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=648270)

Swiffer May 26 2022 06:35 PM

SN

Does the SN still collect Bonus Coins if hired by a Friend & Neighbor ?

also should a SN also used their Fuel to be a SN ?

marymarcel May 26 2022 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swiffer (Post 6495086)

Hi Swiffer :)

When you posted earlier, your post was moved and answered in the following link:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...78#post6495078

Also, we usually move posts to official threads, if you cant find your posts on the forum and the possible responses, please read the following thread:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594766

We will move this post to the official thread shortly.

Swiffer May 26 2022 07:01 PM

How do I know if my question has gone thru I haven't used this area before,,,dont even know if my message sent ??

Swiffer May 26 2022 07:05 PM

ty so much for your reply I'm sorry but I do not know my way around Slashkey

Tiger May 27 2022 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swiffer (Post 6495094)
How do I know if my question has gone thru I haven't used this area before,,,dont even know if my message sent ??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swiffer (Post 6495098)
ty so much for your reply I'm sorry but I do not know my way around Slashkey

Hi Swiffer,

Sending you a private message with the information contained in this post so you have another way to find your own posts and the replies.

When you click the reply button after writing your message, if you can see it that means it was posted and we will see it.

The forum is not like Facebook chat, it does not automatically update when you get a reply so that you can see it right away, you have to refresh the browser page and then scroll down to see if one is there or check the next page to see if it's there.

When you see blue text underlined in a post that is a link which you can click on. Here are 2 links to help you:

If you click on this link it will take you to the reply to your first post about your question:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...78#post6495078

If you click on this link it will take you to the post that will tell you how to find your posts and the replies. It's worth you learning how to do that as sometimes posts have to be moved to other areas of the forum:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594766

JohnAlbertini May 27 2022 07:42 AM

Hired to design for a Super neighbor but nothing I do works!!!
I move things and upon reloading the farm they are back to the original location!!!
Moving dirt path and have crops hidden. Nothing works.
Trying memcache clear now to see if that help?
NO help same result so I can NOT do any designing!!!!
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF?!!!!!

marymarcel May 27 2022 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini (Post 6495130)
Hired to design for a Super neighbor but nothing I do works!!!
I move things and upon reloading the farm they are back to the original location!!!
Moving dirt path and have crops hidden. Nothing works.
Trying memcache clear now to see if that help?
NO help same result so I can NOT do any designing!!!!
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF?!!!!!

Hi John :)

This is a known issue which was sent to the developers but they are still working on it.

You dont need to hire a Superneighbor, just give them the privilages to design the farm you want.
Your superneighbor has to be alone on the farm while working. If you stay with them, nothing will be saved.
When they are done, then you can load that farm.

If you need instructions on how to give desing privilages to your superneighbor please read the following link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...26#post6024726

qrice May 28 2022 06:35 AM

Adding neighbors

I am unable to invite friends, the page is blank. Any suggestions?

Tiger May 28 2022 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qrice (Post 6495222)
I am unable to invite friends, the page is blank. Any suggestions?

Hi grice,

Did you see the reply to your last question about adding neighbours? If you did not please click on this link:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...74#post6486074

The Invite tab is not where you go to add friends that already play Farm Town as neighbours. You need to look in the My Neighbours tab.

If you have recently added new friends that play and they are not showing up in the My Neighbours tab yet then that's usually just Facebook being a bit slow to add your new friends to the lists. What you can try to help speed that up is run memcache:

To do that Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window.

Then reload the My Neigbours Tab and see if your new friends are showing up. If not you may just have to wait a day or so.

Verna Broussard May 28 2022 10:40 PM

How to add neighbor

I can't remember how to add neighbor's been playing for years most of mine are not playing any more.

Taz D May 28 2022 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verna Broussard (Post 6495310)
I can't remember how to add neighbor's been playing for years most of mine are not playing any more.

Hi Verna,
I moved your post to the thread about neighbors.
You can find all the information about neighbors in the Game Guide chapter 5 about neighbors:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=314834

6kittycats May 30 2022 09:20 AM

neighbors

I have people on my neighbors list who will not accept a neighbors request from me even though I have made several requests the option to remove them as a neighbor is not available as they are not neighbors only options available are add as neighbor or send a gift so I can not add people who really want to be neighbors how do I get remove them?

Taz D May 30 2022 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6kittycats (Post 6495422)
I have people on my neighbors list who will not accept a neighbors request from me even though I have made several requests the option to remove them as a neighbor is not available as they are not neighbors only options available are add as neighbor or send a gift so I can not add people who really want to be neighbors how do I get remove them?

Hi 6kittycats,

You can't remove those people from the list in the My Neighbors tab. Those are people in your friends list who Facebook shows that they have the Farm Town app install. The only way to remove thenm from your list is to unfriend them or get them to remove the Farm Town app from their setttings if they no longer play.

knuckleheadsister Jun 03 2022 05:43 AM

supeneighbor orolblems.

I am a super neighbor. I have been replowing farms, decorating and adding more trees, etc. My farmer is wanting to 'block' trees on one farm. when i try to move the trees to clump together, none of the work i do gets saved, what have i missed?
Tks so much!
Knuckleheadsister

Tiger Jun 03 2022 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knuckleheadsister (Post 6495694)
I am a super neighbor. I have been replowing farms, decorating and adding more trees, etc. My farmer is wanting to 'block' trees on one farm. when i try to move the trees to clump together, none of the work i do gets saved, what have i missed?
Tks so much!
Knuckleheadsister

Hi knuckleheadsister,

I have moved your post to the thread about Neighbors & Super Neighbors.

If the farm owner is on the farm you are designing you're designing will not save. This is a known issue to be fixed. For the time being you will need to work alone while you move things around and they will have to stay off that farm while you are working or you will need to stop designing if they need to come to that farm for some reason.

Bednek Jun 05 2022 03:46 PM

Blocked on FB how do I get him out of FT?

I had an issue with Twisted Martini, Michael...oh gosh I can't remember his name. I removed him as a friend and a neighbor and he was able to send me ships, as a non-friend. I just left them in my seaport and he stopped. Today, I had a help on one of my coop quests and he was able to help me. How do I get him off of my FT game? This is kind of personal, so didn't know where to post it.

Taz D Jun 05 2022 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bednek (Post 6495922)
I had an issue with Twisted Martini, Michael...oh gosh I can't remember his name. I removed him as a friend and a neighbor and he was able to send me ships, as a non-friend. I just left them in my seaport and he stopped. Today, I had a help on one of my coop quests and he was able to help me. How do I get him off of my FT game? This is kind of personal, so didn't know where to post it.

Hi Bednek,
Even though you removed him as your neighbor, you are apparently still his neighbor. The only thing you can do is try to get to his farms and remove yourself as his neighbor. There are several methods for this in the Game Guide chapter 5 about neighbors in the following post link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showth...06#post3646106

graeme scott Jun 08 2022 03:58 AM

i have just found this out to the cost of my neighbour and myself we lost 2 billion coins cause of this stupid rule the worst thing is we both happened too be on the hire page at the same time not planned and wasn't till i was hired and wasn't getting a bonus that found out it was my neighbour so we both lost out .

Tiger Jun 08 2022 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graeme scott (Post 6496090)
i have just found this out to the cost of my neighbour and myself we lost 2 billion coins cause of this stupid rule the worst thing is we both happened too be on the hire page at the same time not planned and wasn't till i was hired and wasn't getting a bonus that found out it was my neighbour so we both lost out .

Hi graeme scott,

I'm assuming you are referring to the lack of bonus chest when working for a neighbour or buddy. It's unlikely that that anything will be changed in regards to neighbours and buddies not being able to earn a bonus chest when hired as that leads to less work available at market.

When you arrive at a job and start working if the bonus chest doesn't show up then it's up to you if you want to stop working and try contacting the farm owner to see if you are neighbours or buddies rather than wait until all the work is done on that farm.

If you would like to suggest a change for that rule or suggest an easy way to be able to tell when an avatar at market is one of your neighbours or buddies then you can post that request in the Suggestions area of the forum where the developers will be able to see it.

RichmondGuy Jun 10 2022 10:27 AM

Super Neighbors and storage access

If memory serves, SNs used to be able to access storage on farms where they are SN, for example to plant trees. Am I wrong? If not, what happened to that capability, and can we expect to see it again any time soon?

Thanks.

Taz D Jun 10 2022 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichmondGuy (Post 6496302)
If memory serves, SNs used to be able to access storage on farms where they are SN, for example to plant trees. Am I wrong? If not, what happened to that capability, and can we expect to see it again any time soon?

Thanks.

Hi RichmondGuy,
Yes they should but only from the one farm you set for them to be able to design.
You can find all the information about SNs in the Game Guide chapter 5 in this post link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showth...26#post6024726

RichmondGuy Jun 10 2022 11:08 AM

Quote:

Hi RichmondGuy,
Yes they should but only from the one farm you set for them to be able to design.
You can find all the information about SNs in the Game Guide chapter 5 in this post link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showth...26#post6024726
Thanks Taz. I looked at the link you sent, and the only mention of SN access to storage is:

Your super neighbour will NOT be able to...
use the Purple Freestyle Farm Designer to buy any Farm Cash items or use any FC items in your storage.

I think it used to work like this... a SN couldn't put gift/coin items in storage for their neighbor, but they could retrieve them from storage to put on a farm.
It doesn't appear to be working now. SN can see what is in their neighbor's storage, but is not able to place those items on said neighbor's farm.

Taz D Jun 10 2022 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichmondGuy (Post 6496310)
Thanks Taz. I looked at the link you sent, and the only mention of SN access to storage is:

Your super neighbour will NOT be able to...
use the Purple Freestyle Farm Designer to buy any Farm Cash items or use any FC items in your storage.

I think it used to work like this... a SN couldn't put gift/coin items in storage for their neighbor, but they could retrieve them from storage to put on a farm.
It doesn't appear to be working now. SN can see what is in their neighbor's storage, but is not able to place those items on said neighbor's farm.

Hi RichmondGuy,
What are you seeing when you try to move a tree from storage to the farm? If you are trying to layer them then it may not work.
EDIT: I was able to place a tree on one of my neighbors farms so it does work with the purple hand.

RichmondGuy Jun 10 2022 11:28 AM

Code:

What are you seeing when you try to move a tree from storage to the farm? If you are trying to layer them then it may not work.
Using the purple design glove, it would appear than I can plant a single item from neighbor's storage, but I can't see a way to multiplant, which I thought we could do before the HTML5 update.

Taz D Jun 10 2022 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichmondGuy (Post 6496318)
Code:

Using the purple design glove, it would appear than I can plant a single item from neighbor's storage, but I can't see a way to multiplant, which I thought we could do before the HTML5 update.

Hi RichmondGuy,
You can only use the multiplanter for buying new trees from store, not for the storage.

RichmondGuy Jun 10 2022 11:47 AM

Taz,

Quote:

Hi RichmondGuy,
You can only use the multiplanter for buying new trees from store, not for the storage.
In that case, my feeble memory has failed me once again. I thought we had a way to mutliplant items from storage.

Thanks again for your help.

GRB Jun 11 2022 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6496334)
Hi RichmondGuy,

That statement is not true, You can use the multi-Planter from storage.
Click on storage, items, drop box and scroll to trees. If you hover over a box of trees, you see USE on the right and MULTI on the left

marymarcel Jun 11 2022 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRB (Post 6496606)
That statement is not true, You can use the multi-Planter from storage.
Click on storage, items, drop box and scroll to trees. If you hover over a box of trees, you see USE on the right and MULTI on the left

Hi GRB :)

That happens in your own farms, but the user was working as superneighbor, so the multiplanter only opens the Store.

Don't feed the beggers Jun 15 2022 07:57 AM

why when adding neighbours it comes up that the feature is unavailable? how can people get neighbours?

marymarcel Jun 15 2022 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don't feed the beggers (Post 6497082)
why when adding neighbours it comes up that the feature is unavailable? how can people get neighbours?

Hi Don't feed the beggers :)

I moved your post to the thread about Neighbors to be able to answer you.

No matter you get the facebook error message after sending the neighbor's request, it is sent.

I just tried this with a friend, I sent the neighbor request and got the facebook error message. The background for that friend didnt change to yellow.

She received the neighbor's request in her My Request and acceted it and send one back.

After reloading My Neighbors tab, the background for her changed to blue.

I got her neighbor's request in my My Requests as usual.

rockcandymountain Jun 22 2022 12:28 AM

cant plant

A friend made me a super neighbor and checked the box for being able to plant yet when I go there I cant plant. We both did the mem cache cleaner. I have tried 2 different accts on my end to try to work her acct with no sucess.

marymarcel Jun 22 2022 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockcandymountain (Post 6497698)
A friend made me a super neighbor and checked the box for being able to plant yet when I go there I cant plant. We both did the mem cache cleaner. I have tried 2 different accts on my end to try to work her acct with no sucess.

Hi rockcandymountain :)

I moved your post to the thread about Superneighbors.

I just tried this with my husband farms without problems.

What happens when you open the tool box? Can you see the Seeders? Are those farms plowed?

Can you do other jobs on the farms? If not, then ask your superneighbor to click in her farms names and see if she has a check mark for Disable superneighbor farming option.
She has to remove the check mark and then click in the green check mark to save changes.
She and you have to reload the game and try again.

Also, in case you are managing both accounts, then try to open them in different browsers.

If the problem continues, you and your friend could delete each other as superneighbors, then reload the game and set both as superneighbors again.

rockcandymountain Jun 22 2022 11:16 AM

I think we figured out why I cant plant. She doesn't have the correct tools yet.

Taz D Jun 22 2022 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockcandymountain (Post 6497758)
I think we figured out why I cant plant. She doesn't have the correct tools yet.

Hi Rockcandymountain,
She would have at least the basic seeding tool to plant one at a time. Then you would be able to use your own seeders or combines for planting. You would have to drop whatever tool you were handed when you arrive and then pick up your own seeder or combine.
Have her check the Super Neighbor manager and make sure she doesn't have the farm you are trying to plant set to "None"

Lee Ann Jun 24 2022 01:58 PM

super neighbor tool

Hello, I was thinking there was a tool that would tell me when at a neighbors farm what crops , trees etc were ready , we are each other's super neighbors. ? I thought it was like 100 FC but cannot find it . thanks for all you all do to make this game so much fun !!!

marymarcel Jun 24 2022 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee Ann (Post 6497950)
Hello, I was thinking there was a tool that would tell me when at a neighbors farm what crops , trees etc were ready , we are each other's super neighbors. ? I thought it was like 100 FC but cannot find it . thanks for all you all do to make this game so much fun !!!

Hi Lee Ann :)

It is the Mobile Lookout Tower. You find it in the Store under Tools tab.

To read how it works, please visit the following link from our Game Guide:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...14#post6043214

Lee Ann Jun 24 2022 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 6497954)
Hi Lee Ann :)

It is the Mobile Lookout Tower. You find it in the Store under Tools tab.

To read how it works, please visit the following link from our Game Guide:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...14#post6043214

thanks marymarcel !!!!

marymarcel Jun 24 2022 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee Ann (Post 6497962)
thanks marymarcel !!!!

You are very welcome Lee Ann :)

rockcandymountain Jul 02 2022 07:57 PM

neighbor request issue

Are there any issues currently going on with adding neighbors? I try to add a neighbor and it appears that all has worked. The new neighbor shows up on my neighbor bar But I dont show on his. I go to the neighbor tab and remind this person but that doesn't work.

Taz D Jul 02 2022 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockcandymountain (Post 6498414)
Are there any issues currently going on with adding neighbors? I try to add a neighbor and it appears that all has worked. The new neighbor shows up on my neighbor bar But I dont show on his. I go to the neighbor tab and remind this person but that doesn't work.

Hi Rockcandymountain,
The neighbor request has to be sent both ways. If you have not gotten a request from them in your my requests and accepted it then you will not be his neighbor.