Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   Help & Support (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   OFFICIAL Neighbors, Super Neighbors, & Buddies (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=648270)

Gabbysmama Aug 14 2022 03:38 AM

neighbors

Quote:

Originally Posted by forever.yours32 (Post 6384954)
Adding neighbors needs to be fix. Neighbors wont add i cant see them on the list therefore i cant help them with anything.

We need to be able to have more neighbors. I have a lot of empty spaces but it will not let me fill those spaces.

marymarcel Aug 14 2022 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabbysmama (Post 6502454)
We need to be able to have more neighbors. I have a lot of empty spaces but it will not let me fill those spaces.

Hi Gabbysmama :)

The Neighbors limit is based on how many digits the database can hold, it varies because not all IDs are the same length. ID's are normally 8 to 15 characters in length, so the number of neighbours you can have can vary from 80 to around 110, depending on the ID's.

At the present time, it is a limitation of the game, and can't be increased.

Farmgalpatti Aug 14 2022 07:55 PM

`I am getting help request by non-friends for advancing their ships and trains. How are they doing this and how do I stop it? Thank you

Taz D Aug 14 2022 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farmgalpatti (Post 6502486)
`I am getting help request by non-friends for advancing their ships and trains. How are they doing this and how do I stop it? Thank you

Hi Farmgalpatti,
You are getting those because the person sending them is your neighbor, but they are playing more than one account and using the switch user function in Facebook. Facebook made some changes to that function that is causing the wrong information to be sent for those train and ship requests.

For the trains do not boost them through the train manager. Instead go to the My Requests and boost those from there as they will have the correct information in that.
For the ships you will have to load them in the ship manager as those can't be done in the My Requests.

Deluxxe Aug 25 2022 06:43 PM

no room for new neighbors

As I'm looking the list of my neighbors...I see this message....Your neighbour list is full. Please remove some neighbours before you add more.

I fail to see the value of removing a neighbor just to add another. I have under the impression that the more friends and neighbors you have the better preference for gaining xp's and coins.

Now that I'm restricted from adding neighbors, is there something I need to do so can add more neighbors.

Thank you,

Keith

marymarcel Aug 25 2022 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deluxxe (Post 6503774)
As I'm looking the list of my neighbors...I see this message....Your neighbour list is full. Please remove some neighbours before you add more.

I fail to see the value of removing a neighbor just to add another. I have under the impression that the more friends and neighbors you have the better preference for gaining xp's and coins.

Now that I'm restricted from adding neighbors, is there something I need to do so can add more neighbors.

Thank you,

Keith

Hi Deluxxe :)

I moved your post to the tread about Neighbors.

The neighbors limit is based on how many digits the database can hold, it varies because not all IDs are the same length. ID's are normally 8 to 15 characters in length, so the number of neighbours you can have can vary from 80 to around 110, depending on the ID's. At the present time, it is a limitation of the game, and can't be increased.

When you receive that message you cant add more neighbors without removing some first.

What you can do, is see if any of your current neighbours have stopped playing. If they, have you can decide whether or not to replace them with someone who is currently active in the game.

Look in the your My Neighbours tab and use the following filter option:

Sort Players By: "Activity" and remove the check mark for "Show Active Players Only"

Then look at the dates showing in each of your friends boxes with a blue background, to see if anyone has not played in a while that you can remove as a neighbour to add someone else.

Larwin Aug 27 2022 06:49 PM

I want to add neighbor's by creating a buddy list in game and finding which ones are active then move them to my neighbor list without sharing my personal facebook page. can i do that yet?

marymarcel Aug 27 2022 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larwin (Post 6503958)
I want to add neighbor's by creating a buddy list in game and finding which ones are active then move them to my neighbor list without sharing my personal facebook page. can i do that yet?

Hi Larwin :)

No, you cant.

Neighbors have to be your friends in Facebook first and you can interact with them in several game features.

Buddies are only contacts in the game.

Larwin Aug 27 2022 07:04 PM

my friends get mad at me for advertising i need neighbors or they dont say anything at all to me. think everyone on my contacts just ignores me now if i post about the game. why can't i add neighbors within farm town. its backward. i understand i need get players outside the game to play. and a lot of people like me don't have social friends and game friends at same time. seems i should be able ask people from within the game to be my neighbor since we both play the game rather than try to get people that aren't even gamers to play the game. i had to go share my personal facebook page with people outside the game to add them as neighbors so much i had to block my contact list from being seen by even people i know. i like that facebook cared enough to allow us to not share our contacts. but to me it seems the game is backward and i should be allowed to add neighbor 'inside' the game not 'outside' the game.

marymarcel Aug 27 2022 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larwin (Post 6503966)
my friends get mad at me for advertising i need neighbors or they dont say anything at all to me. think everyone on my contacts just ignores me now if i post about the game. why can't i add neighbors within farm town. its backward. i understand i need get players outside the game to play. and a lot of people like me don't have social friends and game friends at same time. seems i should be able ask people from within the game to be my neighbor since we both play the game rather than try to get people that aren't even gamers to play the game. i had to go share my personal facebook page with people outside the game to add them as neighbors so much i had to block my contact list from being seen by even people i know. i like that facebook cared enough to allow us to not share our contacts. but to me it seems the game is backward and i should be allowed to add neighbor 'inside' the game not 'outside' the game.

If you want to make a suggestion, then post it in our Suggestion section.

You cant start a new thread there, but you can post as a reply to a thread that fits with your idea.

This is the link to Suggestions:
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

We have an open thread where you can ask for friends/neighbors is you wish
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391198

Also, you can restrict the audience for your posts when you post something about the game by creating a friend list in Facebook.