Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

Taz D Jun 12 2014 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sylvie48uk (Post 5834678)
Following on and keeping a careful record I've discovered that even with 3 trains, a sawmill on every farm, working everyone's facilities like crazy and grabbing bonuses and ingredients where I can I would still have a shortfall of 183 lumber piles per day - and I don't by any means have all of the facilities available in the store, if I had then it would be even worse!
Please devs, we love the game, but it would be nice to have the output of the basic facilities increased when a new facility is introduced. It makes it really hard work having to spent hours scraping around for basic ingredients.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sylvie48uk (Post 5834682)
and following from that another observation which would seriously affect someone relatively new to the game with few farms and facilities:
Total output per day from one sawmill = 48 oak lumber piles
Total requirement per day from the farm buildings factory = 216 oak lumber piles per day
Errmmmm....slight problem I think!
For the moment I've stopped my factory from producing the horse stall, tool shed and chicken coop, it's too impossible to keep up!

The output from the sawmills can be increased if you post your facilities for others to work. I am keeping up with only 6 sawmills plus 3 trains and posting work once a day. It can be done but you have to post to allow your neighbors and friends to help produce faster.

sylvie48uk Jun 12 2014 11:03 AM

I thought that Taz, but the farm buildings factory eats it up faster than it gets produced and when I post my facilities that factory gets worked too! For now I've had to stop production in the farm buildings factory altogether until it gets sorted. It's a pity, but I can't keep up.

Grammy 11 Jun 12 2014 01:35 PM

My shortfalls tend to be teak and pine. Problem pretty well solved by putting all facilities requiring logs ahead of the sawmills; I seem to have plenty of lumber, it's the logs that go.

I did the same with eggs, but am not doing as well, still tinkering with order of facilities.

Thanks for idea of daily posting. A neighbor of mine seems to post all saw mills and very few other facs. Would there be a way to Start All of one facility without unclicking through everything, then replacing the clicks?

Taz D Jun 12 2014 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grammy 11 (Post 5834810)
My shortfalls tend to be teak and pine. Problem pretty well solved by putting all facilities requiring logs ahead of the sawmills; I seem to have plenty of lumber, it's the logs that go.

I did the same with eggs, but am not doing as well, still tinkering with order of facilities.

Thanks for idea of daily posting. A neighbor of mine seems to post all saw mills and very few other facs. Would there be a way to Start All of one facility without unclicking through everything, then replacing the clicks?

There isn't any way to do that other than clicking start all on each facility that you want to start.

Grace de Man Jun 16 2014 02:56 AM

I'm also very unhappy about the stats situation, also on the highest level. I have kept all my farms at 24x24 because that is what my computer can load comfortably without crashing and that I feel I can farm. I have also stopped buying farms when I bought farm 20 (because the last 4 farms are completely naked!). This is a personal limitation which has nothing to do with coins or resources. It is just that, as with all business decisions, I feel that one should only expand when one needs to due to business growth.

One of the reasons that I love FT is because it teaches very sound business sense. One needs to plant X amount of crops to fill Y facility to keep Z service shop supplied with enough stock to provide the customers with goods and so earn enough coins, etc. to keep doing this and (if it were the real world) supply you with a tidy bank balance to support your family and life style.

Now why would I expand my farms to 34x34 if I am managing to do this very comfortably on 24x24?

Unfortunately, most of the expansion will mean that I need to buy a new, more powerful computer with lots of RAM memory, which is not going to happen.

So I guess, the moral of the story is that I will NEVER be able to use the stats!!!

koakes Jun 16 2014 12:28 PM

Need more output for ingredient facilities!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sylvie48uk (Post 5834678)
Following on and keeping a careful record I've discovered that even with 3 trains, a sawmill on every farm, working everyone's facilities like crazy and grabbing bonuses and ingredients where I can I would still have a shortfall of 183 lumber piles per day - and I don't by any means have all of the facilities available in the store, if I had then it would be even worse!
Please devs, we love the game, but it would be nice to have the output of the basic facilities increased when a new facility is introduced. It makes it really hard work having to spent hours scraping around for basic ingredients.

I agree, please increase output of the basic facilities when a new facility is introduced. It makes it really hard work having to spent hours scraping around for basic ingredients. Right now I have a hard time getting oak lumber and green petro barrels! Help!!!!

beverduster Jun 16 2014 01:03 PM

sometimes you have to plant more to get more, but it would be nice if the would up the out put, when i strt running out of lumber & i cant keep my saw mills running a full production, i plant more, dont like too , but i have too

Fred Bee Jun 16 2014 04:11 PM

Asking someone to join you

When I ask someone to join me on my farm, I may or may not get a response. If the person is busy working on another farm, they most often click on the "Sorry I am busy" response or may close the message. However, when this happens nothing is sent to me, so I don't know if they got the message, are away from the game, or are working.
Why not have a response sent to the sender when they click out or click on the "Sorry I am busy" so we are not waiting around for 5 minutes for them to show up. If nothing comes within a minute or two we would know they are busy or away.

Fred Bee, gentleman farmer

KnightRider Jun 16 2014 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fred Bee (Post 5835946)
When I ask someone to join me on my farm, I may or may not get a response. If the person is busy working on another farm, they most often click on the "Sorry I am busy" response or may close the message. However, when this happens nothing is sent to me, so I don't know if they got the message, are away from the game, or are working.
Why not have a response sent to the sender when they click out or click on the "Sorry I am busy" so we are not waiting around for 5 minutes for them to show up. If nothing comes within a minute or two we would know they are busy or away.

It would be best if you put your suggestion in the suggestion section so the developers can see your suggestion, you can't start a new thread, this way they can keep the suggestion section easier to read, but you can put it in the thread that is closest to what you are suggesting and if you don't see one that is close, you can put it in the thread My idea doesn't have a thread.

Fred Bee Jun 16 2014 07:44 PM

I will do so, did not see it as a suggestion, more as a problem