Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

Queen.of.Clutter Jun 10 2014 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whosyou? (Post 5833662)
Sorry...but the insta-win button is not going to happen.Like most things...this is a goal,something to get by putting in time into the game and playing smart.Coins are free,all we need do is make our farms as productive as possible to gain as much coins as we can.2-5 active neighbors and posting your own facs. 1 time a week can easily net over 2 billion coins...and that is without owning all the FC ones.Expanding farms is not hard,nor is the price crazy.If it were,many would not have done so.

Ha Ha ! Love it! Well said. I don't play like I used to ... too time consuming, but I managed to increase the 10 farms needed to view all .... didn't really take that long either. Work other people's facilities, get your bonuses, post your own, and before you know it, you have the coin to do that. I could expand maybe two more, but am saving my coin for Farm 23 ....

Eradani Jun 10 2014 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 5833926)
This is a chicken coop for the more affluent customer..:D

wait... affluent customers have chicken coops? hehe

Taz D Jun 10 2014 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eradani (Post 5834170)
wait... affluent customers have chicken coops? hehe

Of course...the Beverly Hillbillies...:rolleyes::D

beverduster Jun 10 2014 04:12 PM

ya'alls can have al the chicken you want, i no what the eat in the barn yard

Eradani Jun 10 2014 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 5834174)
Of course...the Beverly Hillbillies...:rolleyes::D

*looks around for a Like button*

sylvie48uk Jun 11 2014 04:57 AM

Sawmill output

Sorry if there's already a thread for this, but I couldn't find one.
I've found that with all the new factories being added that I keep running out of lumber, particularly oak. I have 3 different trains, each with a lumber car and I now have 4 sawmills but it seems that it's going to produce nowhere near enough. Could the sawmill output possibly be adjusted to accommodate the increased factory needs?
Seriously, nobody should have to buy extra sawmills and train cars when there are other things that are needed more urgently, like tools.
Maybe the 'basic' factory output could be looked at generally? Things like metal mill, sawmill, mines etc etc? Plus - nobody really wants the same facilities on every farm purely from an aesthetic point of view.
I don't post here much because generally I don't find many problems that I can't solve myself, but this one does seem to be a growing problem within the bigger picture and merits some attention I feel.

Queen.of.Clutter Jun 11 2014 08:58 AM

I have the same problem with Oak Lumber - also Polyester Fiber. I have 4 train cars carrying it, and 15 Sawmills .... *sigh* ....
If you ask for Ingredients for a Swing (from the Furniture Factory) YOU will get 48 Oak Lumber Piles - your helper gets 24. It's a good ingredient request.
The Chicken Coop (from the Farm Buildings Factory) gives YOU 48 piles, plus 48 Red Ink & 24 Aluminum Sheets - your helper would get half.

L.A.Bob Jun 11 2014 07:26 PM

I have to agree I cannot keep up with the oak lumber demands. I have 9 sawmills and 4 trains with lumber cars. I pride myself on keep all facilities at maximum capacity and I have only one of each production facility that uses the Oak lumber. I have my facilities clustered on 9 farms so that people working them only have to visit as few as possible to make it convenient for them. I do not want to be put in the position of adding sawmills to each of the other farms as that would make the sawmill the only facility on those farms

sylvie48uk Jun 12 2014 03:52 AM

Following on and keeping a careful record I've discovered that even with 3 trains, a sawmill on every farm, working everyone's facilities like crazy and grabbing bonuses and ingredients where I can I would still have a shortfall of 183 lumber piles per day - and I don't by any means have all of the facilities available in the store, if I had then it would be even worse!
Please devs, we love the game, but it would be nice to have the output of the basic facilities increased when a new facility is introduced. It makes it really hard work having to spent hours scraping around for basic ingredients.

sylvie48uk Jun 12 2014 04:59 AM

and following from that another observation which would seriously affect someone relatively new to the game with few farms and facilities:
Total output per day from one sawmill = 48 oak lumber piles
Total requirement per day from the farm buildings factory = 216 oak lumber piles per day
Errmmmm....slight problem I think!
For the moment I've stopped my factory from producing the horse stall, tool shed and chicken coop, it's too impossible to keep up!