Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

HelenJS22 Sep 24 2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel7 (Post 5291258)
Just finished getting my last car to complete the 10 and this is really really awkward. If my neighbors farm has 1 facility on it, it does it one way, and if they have more than 1 facility, it does it differently. This last neighbor I worked, the first farm was more than 1, the next was 1, the next was more than 1, and it continued all the way across 14 farms. This is really awkward. The trains should be effortless and this ISN'T. I'm not happy after spending so much real money.....

Does your neighbour realise how it works now for those with trains. Perhaps you could mention it and they might reposition the facilities.

rabbit8 Sep 25 2012 10:43 AM

I like the trains, but have one complaint. Why are they so difficult? Please make them more simple. You have to have certain ones hooked up a certain way. I still am not sure I have mine right. It's so confusing! Please make them more simple to operate.

KnightRider Sep 25 2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabbit8 (Post 5291858)
I like the trains, but have one complaint. Why are they so difficult? Please make them more simple. You have to have certain ones hooked up a certain way. I still am not sure I have mine right. It's so confusing! Please make them more simple to operate.

It isn't difficult, to hook them up it is just if you need to go around a corner you need a coin car. When you hover over the engine all cars that is connected will highlight, if a car doesn't highlight then just move it around a little bit until you can hover the mouse over the engine and it get highlighted.

lollipopthebunny Sep 25 2012 03:21 PM

My train isn't 'faded' now an I just dispatched it today! I haven't been playing FT for about a week or so an it was working the last time I had the train run.

Why is it NOT faded when dispatched??? What can be done to fix it?

It really helps having this so I know when I have done it without having to click on the train itself. I am kind of wondering if it really is dispatched even though I click on the engine an it says it is....

Please HELP!!!

HelenJS22 Sep 25 2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lollipopthebunny (Post 5291946)
My train isn't 'faded' now an I just dispatched it today! I haven't been playing FT for about a week or so an it was working the last time I had the train run.

Why is it NOT faded when dispatched??? What can be done to fix it?

It really helps having this so I know when I have done it without having to click on the train itself. I am kind of wondering if it really is dispatched even though I click on the engine an it says it is....

Please HELP!!!

I there, I can't give you a certain reason, but several of us have found this happens to us on a hit and miss basis. You can be sure it is dispatched if you click on the 'train status' bar within the train pop-up and check to see the percentage bar. I know this means extra click work, but I'd rather be sure.

Mine has done this a couple of times and the only thing I've found that I did differently was to unload my train, and then immediately dispatch it again. Each time I did that it refused to go transparent, but if I hit the play button to reload my farm, then dispatched my train it went transparent ..... I have no idea why, but that's my remedy and I've tested it twice now.

Happy pants Sep 25 2012 10:57 PM

The train transparency is now in the "preferences" tab.... the wrench in the toolbox on the top right of your window.... so you should be able to control this feature yourself. :)

HelenJS22 Sep 26 2012 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy pants (Post 5292262)
The train transparency is now in the "preferences" tab.... the wrench in the toolbox on the top right of your window.... so you should be able to control this feature yourself. :)

The problem we're having Happy is not related to the wrench tool. The trains are checked to be transparent, and are still sitting there large as life not transparent when they should be. It's a glitch of some sort, and I decided 'if it aint broke, don't fix it'. I seem to have found the way around it though.

lollipopthebunny Sep 27 2012 09:53 AM

Yes, I have the box checked in the TOOL box "wrench". The thing is on my TRAIN, I had unloaded it about a week prior an have not been playing FT for about a week or so, an decided to load it a couple days ago or when I posted in here, And that happened ...the transparency is not there. IT is real frustrating to have to click on the Train to see if it is actually working an wondering if I am going to get stuff.

I have looked an it does appear to be working, Just wish this would be fixed! THis is the FIRST time I have had any issue with the train since I got them.

dorissau Nov 05 2012 11:13 AM

I am so disappointed that the devs did not address the concern raised by so many of us that if we attach the long cattle car we become overrun with animals. I have over 200 animals in storage because my 16 barns of all kinds are filled and I already have too many animals loose on my farms. It seems the only choice we have at this point is to wait for another farm or detach the cattle car.. which will diminish the help the mayor will give us for working facs. Come on, Devs... give us more room in the barns or else let us add another barn to our farms.

KnightRider Nov 05 2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorissau (Post 5335190)
I am so disappointed that the devs did not address the concern raised by so many of us that if we attach the long cattle car we become overrun with animals. I have over 200 animals in storage because my 16 barns of all kinds are filled and I already have too many animals loose on my farms. It seems the only choice we have at this point is to wait for another farm or detach the cattle car.. which will diminish the help the mayor will give us for working facs. Come on, Devs... give us more room in the barns or else let us add another barn to our farms.

If you have a lot of animals in your storage go to the market and sell the extra animals, then you won't have to worry about them in your storage.