Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

KnightRider Jul 05 2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laurie26 (Post 5214662)
yea I ran and grabbed the last two thanks so much

Your welcome.

beautysmom Jul 05 2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitt1962 (Post 5214650)
For crops one day or under it is 24 hrs. and for crops over one day it is 48 hrs.

Well, actually, no, that isn't quite the way it works. For crops which have been watered, it extends the "gone to waste" time to 1.5 times the actual time to grow the watered crop. For example, if you plant purple grapes and then use the sprinkler to water them, the gone to waste time will be 6 hours--the 4 hours that it would take the unwatered crop to grow, plus half of that time, 2 hours. And the "gone to waste" clock starts to run the moment that the crop ripens. So, in the case of purple grapes, your total time from planting the crop to the moment it is wasted is 8 hours--2 hours to grow the grapes (half of the normal 4 hours), plus 6 hours until the product has gone to waste.

Another way to think of it is, total time from planting to "gone to waste" is 2 times the unwatered growing time.

Make sense?

Laurie26 Jul 05 2012 12:56 PM

[quote=beautysmom;5214734]Well, actually, no, that isn't quite the way it works. For crops which have been watered, it extends the "gone to waste" time to 1.5 times the actual time to grow the watered crop. For example, if you plant purple grapes and then use the sprinkler to water them, the gone to waste time will be 6 hours--the 4 hours that it would take the unwatered crop to grow, plus half of that time, 2 hours. And the "gone to waste" clock starts to run the moment that the crop ripens. So, in the case of purple grapes, your total time from planting the crop to the moment it is wasted is 8 hours--2 hours to grow the grapes (half of the normal 4 hours), plus 6 hours until the product has gone to waste.

Another way to think of it is, total time from planting to "gone to waste" is 2 times the unwatered growing time.

Make sense?[/QUOTE

cool sounds great to me and both of you are very helpful thanks so very very much :)

KnightRider Jul 05 2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beautysmom (Post 5214734)
Well, actually, no, that isn't quite the way it works. For crops which have been watered, it extends the "gone to waste" time to 1.5 times the actual time to grow the watered crop. For example, if you plant purple grapes and then use the sprinkler to water them, the gone to waste time will be 6 hours--the 4 hours that it would take the unwatered crop to grow, plus half of that time, 2 hours. And the "gone to waste" clock starts to run the moment that the crop ripens. So, in the case of purple grapes, your total time from planting the crop to the moment it is wasted is 8 hours--2 hours to grow the grapes (half of the normal 4 hours), plus 6 hours until the product has gone to waste.

Make sense?

When you use the Green sprinkler, the gone to waste time is extended according to what I stated above and it halves the growing time, you can see it posted in the game guide in section 21 tools. From the time of planting they will go to waste in 8 hrs without using any sprinklers, that is 4 hrs to grow and 4 hrs till waste, If the Orange sprinkler is used they will be ready in 2 hrs and still waste in 8 hrs. So planting without the sprinklers if you plant the grapes at 12 they will be ready at 4 and go to waste at 8, So if you plant the grapes and you use the green sprinkler as soon as you plant, you plant the grapes at 12 they will be ready at 2 which is in 2 hrs (half of 4 hrs), and the gone to waste time should be 28 hrs from time of planting. That is 4 hrs for the normal growing time plus the 24 hrs for a crop being under 1 day growing time and with the Orange sprinkler they would be ready at 2 (half of 4) and still go to waste at 8.

Laurie26 Jul 05 2012 01:16 PM

wow that is so cool I saved that post on my Sticky helps me out alot when I am off vacation and have to leave my farm to go to work and sleep thank you ever so much

kataltay Jul 05 2012 09:56 PM

Ok, I am confused, mainly because I have a mental block against math and numbers, not because I am stupid...lol....
Is there anywhere posted exactly how long irrigated crops have until they wither, for 2 hr crops, 4 hr crops, 8 hr crops, 12, hr crops, and so on? Some say for crops under a day, it increases their time before withering to 24 hours (plus the normal time, correct?). And some say "48 hours for all other crops". That is misleading. Does that mean I plant a 4 day crop, and it only lasts 48 hours past the approximate 4 days to grow? Or is that 48 hours PER DAY the crop normally takes? Do I have 8 days before an irrigated 4 day crop withers? Or 6? :S Again, I am not stupid....lol...just mathematically challenged and once I see the actual formula which includes each growing time, I know I will grasp it better. Thanks!

Tony D Jul 05 2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kataltay (Post 5215278)
Ok, I am confused, mainly because I have a mental block against math and numbers, not because I am stupid...lol....
Is there anywhere posted exactly how long irrigated crops have until they wither, for 2 hr crops, 4 hr crops, 8 hr crops, 12, hr crops, and so on? Some say for crops under a day, it increases their time before withering to 24 hours (plus the normal time, correct?). And some say "48 hours for all other crops". That is misleading. Does that mean I plant a 4 day crop, and it only lasts 48 hours past the approximate 4 days to grow? Or is that 48 hours PER DAY the crop normally takes? Do I have 8 days before an irrigated 4 day crop withers? Or 6? :S Again, I am not stupid....lol...just mathematically challenged and once I see the actual formula which includes each growing time, I know I will grasp it better. Thanks!

Hi the only tool that affects the time to waste is the green sprinkler.

In round figures the time to waste is double the growth time for crops.

If you use the green sprinkler the time to waste is extended by 24 hours for all crops that have a harvest time of one day or less, and by 48 hours for all other crops.

I.E. Potatoes (1 day crop) time to waste 2 days + 24 hours

Pineapples (3 day crop) time to waste 6 days + 48 hours

KnightRider Jul 05 2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kataltay (Post 5215278)

Green Sprinkler - This tool increases the time to waste period on all crops. For crops that mature in 1 day or less it increases the time to waste period by 24 hours. For crops that take over a day to mature it increases the time to waste period by 48 hours.

So if you have lets say a 12 hr crop, you plant it at midnight on January 1st, the regular times would be ready at noon January 1st and wither at midnight the next morning on January 2nd. If you use the Green Sprinkler the times would be, ready at 6 am January 1st (half the growing time) and would wither at midnight on January 3rd, because of the 24 hrs that was added to the gone to waste time. For crops that mature that take over a day you just add 48 hrs.
Hope this helps.

kataltay Jul 06 2012 08:41 AM

Ooookayy!! :D So, double +24 hrs for one day crop and under. And double +48hrs for 2 day crop and above....correct? :D Have I finally grasped this, thanks to Tony and kitt?!?! :D I may one day, as I approach my 46th birthday, get comfortable with numbers, you know...LOL

Tony D Jul 06 2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kataltay (Post 5215590)
Ooookayy!! :D So, double +24 hrs for one day crop and under. And double +48hrs for 2 day crop and above....correct? :D Have I finally grasped this, thanks to Tony and kitt?!?! :D I may one day, as I approach my 46th birthday, get comfortable with numbers, you know...LOL

Your welcome :)