Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

Scooter Jun 24 2012 06:57 PM

I like the look of them and the products available. Only problem for me is like so many of the other facilities - FARM CASH ONLY. We live n a limited income due to disability and simply can not afford to buy "cash" for much wanted items, so, like always, we have to do without -
Perhaps there will be one that will MAYBE be available for coins? Using coin purchased facilities?

KnightRider Jun 24 2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarmerMcLashwood (Post 5203142)
I posted this already in another part of the forum but realise it was most probably the wrong place.
So here is my feedback on the train:

Well here's a fine thing... I dispatched my train again last sunday without any problem at all.
It was ready tonight to unload but before I did..... i went into my storage to check what amounts I had for each of the goods in the carts.

There was absolutely no problem at all with the goods unloaded from the Long Box car... I got what I was supposed to.
The problems were the other cars.
In the Long container car I should have received 2520 plastic granules but only got 2340 - 180 short!
I should have received 672 rubber but only got 492 - 180 short!
The flat glass and the mirror glass were correct.
In the Long 2 door box car there were problems with some of the goods too.
I should have received 336 cardstock but only got 156 - 180 short (can you see a pattern emerging?
But the biggest shock of all was I should have received 168 Paper rolls....... I didn't receive any..... instead it TOOK 192 of what I had in storage.

Am disinclined to dispatch my train again until these glitches are sorted out.

My train is on my farm6
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...5259&farm_ix=5

I await an explanation...... if there is one and would like the missing items to be returned to me.
I wish I had checked it out more last week before I unloaded last sunday.... would be interested to see if a pattern was emerging.:(:mad:

I did a check on mine, I went into my storage before I unloaded my train and wrote everything down, and then unloaded my train which I had all three boxcars to unload, and I got everything I was suppose to get. So I don't know why it shorted yours.

FarmerMcLashwood Jun 25 2012 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitt1962 (Post 5203406)
I did a check on mine, I went into my storage before I unloaded my train and wrote everything down, and then unloaded my train which I had all three boxcars to unload, and I got everything I was suppose to get. So I don't know why it shorted yours.

Neither do I.. hence the post.

coinman1952 Jun 25 2012 11:43 AM

Trains are disappointing, too little return for the investment, mostly obscure products. Trains locomotive is from the 19th century. Also, may be wrong but I don't believe train tracks ever cross in tee. Don't believe in the real world that is even possible. They do cross from one track to another using a section of track that resembles an elongated "s" or a round house.

Taz D Jun 25 2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coinman1952 (Post 5204102)
Trains are disappointing, too little return for the investment, mostly obscure products. Trains locomotive is from the 19th century. Also, may be wrong but I don't believe train tracks ever cross in tee. Don't believe in the real world that is even possible. They do cross from one track to another using a section of track that resembles an elongated "s" or a round house.

I agree with you about the return on the investment at the moment though I think the Boost will make that better when implemented.
By the way Steam Locomotives were still in use up until the 1960's and I like them much better than the deisel trucks on rails.
And yes there are tee crossings of tracks though the railroads try to avoid those for safety reasons. I do agree that we need some switches for crossing between tracks instead of having to try to create our own. We also need to have those 8 rotations of the train to be able to place them on the track the way we want them.

KnightRider Jun 25 2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 5204142)
I agree with you about the return on the investment at the moment though I think the Boost will make that better when implemented.
By the way Steam Locomotives were still in use up until the 1960's and I like them much better than the deisel trucks on rails.
And yes there are tee crossings of tracks though the railroads try to avoid those for safety reasons. I do agree that we need some switches for crossing between tracks instead of having to try to create our own. We also need to have those 8 rotations of the train to be able to place them on the track the way we want them.

I still can't figure out how they are going to do 8 rotations of trains when we only have 4 directions of tracks NE, NW, SE, and SW. Then they would be adding the directions of N, W, S, and E. It would be nice if they rotated all of the farms counter clockwise 45 degrees to make the farms N, S, E, and W.

Taz D Jun 25 2012 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitt1962 (Post 5204166)
I still can't figure out how they are going to do 8 rotations of trains when we only have 4 directions of tracks NE, NW, SE, and SW. Then they would be adding the directions of N, W, S, and E. It would be nice if they rotated all of the farms counter clockwise 45 degrees to make the farms N, S, E, and W.

My guess would be to make it so you can set a train piece on a curve. Or bring out tracks that go at a diagonal to what we have now.

Lady_Catalina Jun 27 2012 10:27 AM

I'm glad to see that trains finally have their own category in the market.
But things I would like to see since I want trains for decoration just because I LOVE TRAINS;
4 views for engines and cars.
4 views for railroad crossing signs; also the white crossed arms version for a more vintage look.http://cache2.artprintimages.com/lrg...9/7VDQ000Z.jpg

A few more vintage depots. The 'building with tower' makes a great depot for a Southwest US look; but many more were wooden Victorian styled buildings.
http://www.michiganrailroads.com/RRH...otAndTower.jpg

I don't see that they trains are effective ways to move goods. My factories do much better.

Lady_Catalina Jun 27 2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coinman1952 (Post 5204102)

Actually you are correct there. Even a T-intersection is negotiated by two west of Y's.
The train as production items are useless to me; i.e. ink and pigments pretty much get used in other facilities. I'm not planning on having a train take them all to market. I have so many service facilities that I rarely go to market now anyway.

Lady_Catalina Jun 27 2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 5187186)
Dear Slashkey;
This is to inform you that you are in non-compliance with railroad safety regulations. All steam trains are required to have a caboose as the last car on any train consist. Please correct this oversight imediately.

Railroad Safety Commission

LOL. I love this one.