Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

Pamgow Nov 12 2014 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hughpuppies (Post 5898178)
You want people to be able to use cheats, so they can level faster? You want more levels? Just how many levels to do you think is enough before people will not be able to reach these levels?

What about the ones who have to do their farms on their own, like do each plot hand by hand on all their farms because they will never have enough farm cash to get the items they need out of the store so they don't have to take 2 hours or longer doing their farms?

Why do people assume more levels means better game?

The other thing is not everyone is going to have billions of coins, so why punish people by making items in the game store cost like 10 billion to buy another farm, 5 billion to expand your farm to 40 by 40 but before you expand to 40 by 40 you have to expand in order so you end up spending more than 5 billion.

As long as I will ever play this game I will never see a billion at one time. So I get punished and not be able to buy items in the store because a few people have over billions of dollars. That is not right at all.

If you want a fair game you should not punish some people while rewarding others. The people who get over a billion I will bet more than half cheat to get that much.

Okay just went to the realtor Office and for me to expand to 26 by 26 I would need 10,000,000,000 10 billion dollars, does that include upgrade to all your farms you own or just 1.

For me the game takes to long since I will never have enough coins or farm cash, so why should I keep playing, what is Farm Town going to do for people who will never have enough coins or farm cash to get what they need out of the stores, so they don't have to sit playing this game for 2 or more straight hours?

I know they are in business to make money, but why punish some and not others?

Another example, why is it when you want like a 12 by 12 seeder you just can't buy it if you have the farm cash? No, you need to buy the first one then the second one and work your way up to the best oneThat goes for anything in the game.

Maybe if the game take a long hard look at some of these accounts that have billions of coins and billions of experience and say hey you how did you get all that so fast?

I played a game for 13 years which I still play, they have a sure fire way to catch cheaters, if you ever want to know Farm Town let me know, tired of all the cheaters getting the benefits in the game.

I don't have all the big farm expansions, I don't have the big tools, I don't "CHEAT", I PLAN out what I want and how to achieve it. Everyone has their own agenda for playing the game and everyone plays it for a different reason and in a different way. If what you want is EVERYTHING, then you will probably have to plunk down real cash for it. I personally can't afford to put real cash into the game so I have to be realistic about how I go about spending the farm cash I get from leveling up and doing the quests.

Also, at least half of the facilities are purchased with coins. From those I figure out which FC facilities will best aid me in my farming (Oil Refinery and horse stables, bee farm, Fish Plant and Semi Trucks are absolute necessities in the game).

You earn coins buy harvesting your own crops, but more if you work for others. You can use THEIR tools when working on their farms if you ask nicely. You can sell the produce for coins or keep what you need for coin facilities. It's not the cheaters who get ahead in the game, but those who plan out what they want and work for it. Also, those who can afford to spend real cash, do so and if that works for them, fine. It's NOT cheating to spend money on the game. I can't afford it, but I have fun figuring out the challenge of using what I have to MY benefit. If you don't want to work at it, then don't play the game. If you want to play the game, the put as much energy into the game as you do into your complaining and you will have a pretty nice farm. It's all up to you and your attitude. :)

StoneFace Nov 12 2014 03:10 PM

Originally (spring of 2009), I started to FT because my wife "needed neighbors" for the #3 farm.

I got hooked...... :eek::eek:

I now have my farm and a son's - both of which I fully manage.

Early on I realized that the game had two paths to offer: 1] only use coin and the occasional $25FC to buy tools and facilities.... or 2] supplement the game with my own money to have the farm cash necessary to have the goodies.

The new levels were okay, and the free FC was/is too. But it means that the devs have given.... GIVEN..... me 580 FC over time (actually double with the two farms).

Many players, I assume, eventually dropped out and spent their disposable cash on other things like smoking, eating out a lot, iPhones, etc, etc. To each his own.

I have no problem getting a couple gift cards each month and building up my FC reserve. Then when a new release hits, (and we should be about ready to close the old thread this week and get a new release next week), I am ready to purchase.

So .... 48 farms expanded to the max, all the tools at both and many duplicate facilities. In fact, I made a modest $7 billion, at each farm, or so since the last release while posting only a couple times a week at most.

Expensive? Yes ! Am I fortunate to bear that expense? I suppose so. But I prefer to NOT smoke or buy the latest phone, notebook, pad or other insanely expensive items. Again, to each his/her own.

By the way... my wife stopped playing back when there were about 8-10 farms..... lol

slartismum Nov 12 2014 03:27 PM

Don't you need to receive a reply from the farmer before you can click on the green man? When we send a message, it is not saved the same as the reply is.

hifli74 Nov 12 2014 04:07 PM

Yes, I always send a thank you before I start.

ccheney Nov 13 2014 12:21 AM

Your message to someone doesn't get saved in your inbox only their message to you is saved so if they don't reply you can't get back to their farm

Judy Cowan Nov 15 2014 02:43 PM

I feel that we are being used, as people can over hang their facilities and hundred of lakes and rivers off their main property while the rest of us are paying cash for expansions for our farms, what gives... are they going to continue to allow this????

Taz D Nov 15 2014 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judy Cowan (Post 5899258)
I feel that we are being used, as people can over hang their facilities and hundred of lakes and rivers off their main property while the rest of us are paying cash for expansions for our farms, what gives... are they going to continue to allow this????

Hi Judy,
This can only be done with the Green Freestyle Designer hand. I am sorry but yes it will continue. It was not the purpose intended in creating the hands which were to allow layering certain items on the farm, but was an unintended capability.

StoneFace Nov 16 2014 09:21 AM

As long as the "anchor" pixel is on the farm, yes the rest of the image can extend outside the boundaries. The ability to place that single pixel is one of the reasons that FT is so much fun to play in a variety of ways.

The expansion to a 40x40 size, and the use of the GreenHand is almost like having a 44x44 for the "cheap" :eek: expansion price of the 40x40

:cool:

Judy Cowan Nov 16 2014 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 5899302)
Hi Judy,
This can only be done with the Green Freestyle Designer hand. I am sorry but yes it will continue. It was not the purpose intended in creating the hands which were to allow layering certain items on the farm, but was an unintended capability.

Taz Thank you so much for answering my question, I really do appreciate it... I have the freestyle hand but never thought of doing this, as its like cheating

Taz D Nov 16 2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judy Cowan (Post 5899442)
Taz Thank you so much for answering my question, I really do appreciate it... I have the freestyle hand but never thought of doing this, as its like cheating

Hi Judy,
It is not considered cheating, but it really is up to you how you feel about doing it. I have hung a couple things off the side but only where I felt I had to for preserving the crop production on that farm. I use it mostly for hiding some facilities that are necessary, but don't fit the theme of the farm. So again it is up to the individual to decide how to use it.