Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

Joyfull Oct 06 2014 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annthewhofan (Post 5882378)
that happens to me too

Hi there, don't give up, :) your next quest might need those items and it will let you help then :) and just save your flags for help you need for a couple days before you post them so the neighbors can help you with the product items such as soy, lumber, metal chromite, etc and keep the flags for when your making the product I found that helped me a lot,

good luck and don't give up :)

KnightRider Oct 06 2014 04:46 PM

Hello WoodieHugs

If they are still there you should click on their avatar and instead of clicking on ignore, it would be best if you would click on report. When you click on report it will automatically put them on your ignore list, plus it also will send a report so that if needed something can be done to get them out of there and yes it is good that you didn't answer them.

farmerKBW Oct 06 2014 06:54 PM

Yes, I've run into it in the Marketplace. More so in the past, when I played more frequently.

I asked these guys - some of whom admitted to being almost young enough to be my grandsons and I'm not even 50 yet (nor do I have children or grandkids) - why in the world would you flirt with someone you don't know? And was told that my avatar is cute. That's just absurd and disturbing.

If you can't ignore/block/report them, tune them out. You don't owe anyone a response to anything they ask. If they say it on the job, you have every right to just up and leave. But also remember, there are children who play this game, especially on the weekends. If someone says something, especially in the Marketplace, tell them straight out loud that you don't like the questions they are asking and ask them to quit. Also tell them there might be 13 year olds in the room and to keep it clean.

Some people are just lonely, I guess. ?

farmerKBW Oct 06 2014 07:01 PM

I understand what you mean. The prices by coin are not uniform, and don't progress in a reasonable manner. And you go from a relatively small amount of coins for your 3rd upgrade, to needing 10 billion coins for the next, then only need 4 billion for the next, etc., with no set pattern or logical progression. Personally, I think it's to make you choose between either buying more farms or using FC.

farmerKBW Oct 06 2014 07:05 PM

teal dots

What are the teal dots about? I just noticed them yesterday, so I don't know when they first showed up, but I don't know what they are about. I only know what the green dots are for. Just curious, because some friends whose farms I work often have those dots next to them, but it's not exclusively neighbors whose farms I've worked. None of them are online at the time I see the teal dots. Just curious what it stands for, can't find it in any of the updates, most of the updates now are all about quests, and I didn't even see anything about the teal dots in information about quests (which I don't do). Thanks.

Taz D Oct 06 2014 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmerKBW (Post 5882806)
What are the teal dots about? I just noticed them yesterday, so I don't know when they first showed up, but I don't know what they are about. I only know what the green dots are for. Just curious, because some friends whose farms I work often have those dots next to them, but it's not exclusively neighbors whose farms I've worked. None of them are online at the time I see the teal dots. Just curious what it stands for, can't find it in any of the updates, most of the updates now are all about quests, and I didn't even see anything about the teal dots in information about quests (which I don't do). Thanks.

Hi KBW,
The teal dots are to let you know which of your neighbors have co-op quests open so you know who you can go to to look for items you need for yours or to sell items to them for their quests.

farmerKBW Oct 06 2014 07:56 PM

oh ok, thanks - that would make sense, since those neighbors do the quests. i didn't see that explained in the recent quest update, either i missed it or they've been there a while and i didn't see them because of my keen powers of imperception :D thank you

KnightRider Oct 06 2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmerKBW (Post 5882798)
Yes, I've run into it in the Marketplace. More so in the past, when I played more frequently.

I asked these guys - some of whom admitted to being almost young enough to be my grandsons and I'm not even 50 yet (nor do I have children or grandkids) - why in the world would you flirt with someone you don't know? And was told that my avatar is cute. That's just absurd and disturbing.

If you can't ignore/block/report them, tune them out. You don't owe anyone a response to anything they ask. If they say it on the job, you have every right to just up and leave. But also remember, there are children who play this game, especially on the weekends. If someone says something, especially in the Marketplace, tell them straight out loud that you don't like the questions they are asking and ask them to quit. Also tell them there might be 13 year olds in the room and to keep it clean.

Some people are just lonely, I guess. ?

Hello farmerKBW,

It isn't a good idea to respond to these individuals, that is what they want is a response from someone. If they are online and sending messages it is best to click on their avatar and report them, which automatically put them on your ignore list. According to the Terms of Service no one under 13 is suppose to be playing Farm Town and up to 18 must either have parental or guardian consent or be an emancipated minor.

Taz D Oct 06 2014 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farmerKBW (Post 5882826)
oh ok, thanks - that would make sense, since those neighbors do the quests. i didn't see that explained in the recent quest update, either i missed it or they've been there a while and i didn't see them because of my keen powers of imperception :D thank you

It is in the Additional Information that Raul added:
- You can open a friend Cooperative Quest Manager from your neighbour bar. Each neighbour with unfinished cooperative quests will have a blue circle on the corner.

Squindy Oct 06 2014 08:54 PM

I feel the cost to enlarge the farms is crazy ridiculous!! 1-5 million is workable for most players. It's just hopeless for the rest of us. Has caused me to lose a lot of interest in playing. With the economy like it is in the world today, most people have much more urgent needs than buying FC.