Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

dnana Sep 28 2014 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grandmas farm (Post 5878130)
every since I started doing the coop quests. I can't see how many quests I have completed. It just shows the days of the week and total words, but no numbers by them.

Also, check your screen resolution, it needs to be at 100% to show the regular quest timeline correctly. Could be it accidently got a little bigger and the numbers have dropped off the bottom of the screen. :)

dnana Sep 28 2014 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarrettHillBabe (Post 5878058)

I know I'll not be doing anymore of those new quests. Takes far too long to search everyone's farms to find things I need to buy. Take the last quest I'm doing, need to BUY bowling pins!

Not a one of my neighbors and friends need to SELL them so looks as if this one will die a natural death and be the last I'll do.

FT already takes forever to work, (notice I did NOT say play?) without adding the silly searching for coins. With farms loading like molasses in January at 50 below just not worth the effort to do the new quests. Takes forever to plant now, and when working facilities? Takes forever for my friend's farms to load.

HI, you do not need to physically go to everyones farms to check their co-op quest manager. If you left click their avatar picture in your neighbor bar, you will see a choice qat the bottom of that menu that says' show XXX's co-op quest manager'. click that and it will show you their quests and you can buy or sell from that screen.

Your neighbors do not need to have the same item in their quest to SELL to you, they sell from storage, so the quests do not have to match up. You need to put a HELP NOTE on the things you want your neighbors to sell you, then when they come around they can do that. Selling has an unlimited pool of resources, BUYING is limited to the quest items only.

Farms load slowly due to (1) too much stuff on them and (2) the strength of your computer and quickness of your internet connection. Hide everything before you go to work facs and they will load faster because your processor does not thave to resolve so much detail and show it on your screen.

barbara nixon Sep 28 2014 09:54 AM

ya i'm still confused about these...i posted 4 postits and got them now with the green check mark so they are done but i have 4 more things i need and no one doing them in their quests...so, does that mean i won't be able to finish it?

Mare Contrare Sep 28 2014 12:03 PM

I've waited three days since posting about the difficulty with the cooperative quests hoping that time might help the situation. So far, not good.
My first quest has elapsed. It had four steps, I had two stickies. The steps with sticky notes were completed, but the third step never was. I've opened the second quest, but so far none of my neighbors have been able to help. I have many friends doing the quests, but none of their quests contain products that match mine. I suggested in a different thread that the devs consider limiting the number of quests that are distributed to players, but the only response I received was from another poster who said I was being unduly pessimistic.
At this point, unless something is done quickly to change the way the cooperative quests are presented, most of my neighbors are going to abandon their attempt to complete them, and so am I.
I like the idea of cooperative quests, but the process is not working for me.

Mare Contrare Sep 28 2014 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dnana (Post 5878194)
HI, you do not need to physically go to everyones farms to check their co-op quest manager. If you left click their avatar picture in your neighbor bar, you will see a choice qat the bottom of that menu that says' show XXX's co-op quest manager'. click that and it will show you their quests and you can buy or sell from that screen.

Your neighbors do not need to have the same item in their quest to SELL to you, they sell from storage, so the quests do not have to match up. You need to put a HELP NOTE on the things you want your neighbors to sell you, then when they come around they can do that. Selling has an unlimited pool of resources, BUYING is limited to the quest items only.

Farms load slowly due to (1) too much stuff on them and (2) the strength of your computer and quickness of your internet connection. Hide everything before you go to work facs and they will load faster because your processor does not thave to resolve so much detail and show it on your screen.

What you are neglecting to state is that there a limited amount of help notes available, usually two, so once neighbors sell you the products with the help notes, you are still left with steps that need a similar quest to match up with.

CATtitude Sep 28 2014 01:30 PM

Amount of neighbours on the "ladder"

Is the amount of neighbours on the ladder below the farm window limited to 111? It seems so :eek: Where do i put the 333 other neighbours i have? :confused: Actually, according to Farmtown fuel station i have 1960 ACTIVE neighbours, where is the loooong ladder for all of them??? Not even 1% of all my neighbours show on the ladder! Not even posts of 1% of them show on "Show all FarmTown Wall Requests" link" :( OK, i don't want to help ALL my neighbours but it would be nice if i could help at least 10 % of them ;)

marymarcel Sep 28 2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CATtitude (Post 5878330)
Is the amount of neighbours on the ladder below the farm window limited to 111? It seems so :eek: Where do i put the 333 other neighbours i have? :confused: Actually, according to Farmtown fuel station i have 1960 ACTIVE neighbours, where is the loooong ladder for all of them??? Not even 1% of all my neighbours show on the ladder! Not even posts of 1% of them show on "Show all FarmTown Wall Requests" link" :( OK, i don't want to help ALL my neighbours but it would be nice if i could help at least 10 % of them ;)

Hi CATtitude!

I will try to explain this. Facebook and not Farmtown sets the amount of neighbors you can have. The official amount for neighbors is 80 although some farmers have 100 or a little more.

To be sure about how many neighbors you have, please open the extended tool box, and click in trophies, you'll see there the amount of neighbors you have, and they are who are showed in the bar below the game screen. Those farmers are considered as your inmediate neighbors. If you click in the Neighbors Tab, you will see them with a blue background. All your other friends who play the game but have not been added as inmediate neighbors are showed with a white background. If you have got your limit of neighbors and try to add more then one of the old ones will dropp off and the new one will be showed. So be careful about this.

When you refuel you receive 20 unit fuel per Active neighbor you have, so if the screen is showing 1960 you have 98 active neighbors, that amount is between your inmediate neighbors and your friends but not inmediate neighbors. If you open the Neighbors Tab you can see when they have their last activity in the game, perhaps some of them are your friends but are not playing Farmtown anymore.

Hope this could help you.:)

barbara nixon Sep 28 2014 02:30 PM

purple quests

thanks knightrider...so if no one else is doing the same quest it means u are out of luck to get what u need..as they are random i'm seeing very few will get done..:eek:

marymarcel Sep 28 2014 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbara nixon (Post 5878214)
ya i'm still confused about these...i posted 4 postits and got them now with the green check mark so they are done but i have 4 more things i need and no one doing them in their quests...so, does that mean i won't be able to finish it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by barbara nixon (Post 5878366)
thanks knightrider...so if no one else is doing the same quest it means u are out of luck to get what u need..as they are random i'm seeing very few will get done..:eek:

Hi Barbara!

They dont need to have exactly the same quest you have, but some of your neighbors could have some of the products you need for your quest, remember you can buy more than one product from the same farmer. The developers have increased the expiration time for quests, so if you still have time, wait till your neighbors open new quests and check them.:)

You can also check some of your friends (not neighbors) cooperative quests when you go to their farms to work their facilities.:)

anstar Sep 28 2014 03:42 PM

I just click every blue dot or purple quest die I see and then click every active quest tab. :) If I see a blue "buy" or "sell" button, I click that too! It's working so far. I've completed one quest and have two more on the final steps.