Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

Tiger Sep 05 2010 08:33 PM

Closed Feedback Threads

This thread is to hold all old closed feedback threads

Chihuahualady Sep 02 2011 03:43 AM

I feel quite disappointed in the new sprinkler, I've just planted Coffee (3 day crop) and being told it will mature in 2.4 days, I thought this new tool would make the crop mature in half the time or have I read it wrong?...... 2.4 days doesn't sound right to me.

lewlin Sep 02 2011 03:45 AM

[quote=jenifoofoo;4830374]That changed already - each time a crop is planted, it can be watered, even if crops have already been watered on the farm that day?

I would have to disagree with this because I watered it all last night then harvested this morning, planted something new, tried to water and it said I can only water once per day. Would be nice if you could water every new crop you plant, but that's definately not happening on my farm!

HelenJS22 Sep 02 2011 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chihuahualady (Post 4830546)
I feel quite disappointed in the new sprinkler, I've just planted Coffee (3 day crop) and being told it will mature in 2.4 days, I thought this new tool would make the crop mature in half the time or have I read it wrong?...... 2.4 days doesn't sound right to me.

I've planted three day crops that have definitely been halved in terms of growth time, but I watered after the crop was planted. It seems to me that it works perfectly, but I don't think it is intended that we get to halve the growing time of every single crop we plant. We have to use our wits and work out which are worthwhile watering in terms of need and our availability to harvest, and make the best use of the 24 hour limiting that has been put on it.

The initial release did state that 'you can only irrigate once per day' so that would translate that we could only irrigate one crop per farm per day.

My only query on it would to be to have a timer of some sort, because I forgot what time I had watered each farm :o

I find also that my 'crop planting diary' has been chucked out the window more or less for the first time since I began playing. I always kept a log of what was going to be ready for harvesting and when, but with the timing on the red sprinkler, I haven't taken the time to figure it out. I've just done a run through all my farms in the morning, and made a few notes. Not sure that this is a good idea, or if we do, as others have said, need a different version of time on the hover over. I've been too busy lately to decide which way is best.

I love the red sprinkler, particularly for the flowers. I use 'designer' production not 'mass' production so for the first time my flower shop will be full :D

Chihuahualady Sep 02 2011 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HelenJS22 (Post 4830726)
I've planted three day crops that have definitely been halved in terms of growth time, but I watered after the crop was planted. It seems to me that it works perfectly, but I don't think it is intended that we get to halve the growing time of every single crop we plant. We have to use our wits and work out which are worthwhile watering in terms of need and our availability to harvest, and make the best use of the 24 hour limiting that has been put on it.

The initial release did state that 'you can only irrigate once per day' so that would translate that we could only irrigate one crop per farm per day.

My only query on it would to be to have a timer of some sort, because I forgot what time I had watered each farm :o

I find also that my 'crop planting diary' has been chucked out the window more or less for the first time since I began playing. I always kept a log of what was going to be ready for harvesting and when, but with the timing on the red sprinkler, I haven't taken the time to figure it out. I've just done a run through all my farms in the morning, and made a few notes. Not sure that this is a good idea, or if we do, as others have said, need a different version of time on the hover over. I've been too busy lately to decide which way is best.

I love the red sprinkler, particularly for the flowers. I use 'designer' production not 'mass' production so for the first time my flower shop will be full :D

Thank you Helen, I guess I hadn't read about the 24 irrigation, I suppose I'll just have to get used to it, unless hopefully it changes on the next update, I agree a timer would be useful.

tgray Sep 02 2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katrina719 (Post 4830002)
It only works once per planted crop. Not once per day. Every time you plant another crop, you have to irrigate again.

Experience? crops mature too soon, and most of the ones i worked on, died too soon.

Advice? never spend real cash for a tool unless you understand its usage :) :)

If you plant cotton, then water it cuts the time in half. If you wait 24 hours then water the same crop again it doesn't cut it in half the second time. It only works once per crop as you say.
However if you plant raspberries, water, harvest and replant raspberries the same day it will cut the time in half on the first planting, but not on the second planting. It only works once per 24 hours.

jenifoofoo Sep 03 2011 05:24 AM

farmers, pls post your feedback about the new watering/crop growth option

I really want it to work like the spreader and water the farm.

I'm not super-concerned that I can't turn over crop after crop multiple times daily - in fact, I would rarely have time for that.

My concern is that it isn't consistent with any method of planting/harvesting.

I'd really like it to fertilize the FARM, and I also dislike the once a day thing. Again, it doesn't flow with the crop rotations.

I have to keep going from farm to farm, with lots of loading time in between, to water. And I have to catch lots of crops partially grown and makes it impossible to keep up with what is done where.

Finally, I would like it to show the (w) when we hover over the diamond like it shows the (f).

:)

Bonnie Jo Sep 03 2011 05:43 AM

I finally have my tracking down and also have changed how I plant long term crops so the red sprinkler is more useful in that sense. The 20 hour time frame change also helped. I don't like that they made me change the way I plant my farms but I can also live with it.

What I really don't like is the fact that I spent 45 FC for the brown sprinkler. I bought it a few months ago to not only water my neighbors' flowers, but also mine. Now it no longer does anything. I spent another 50 FC for the red sprinkler and the combined action of them is not useful at all for me on how I do my farms.

I don't think anything will change though. They are convinced we don't need the brown sprinkler since they expanded the waste time. I stand by my opinion that there are times I want to water my flowers without having to worry about if it is going to speed up the crops I have already planted but didn't irrigate for some reason or another. If I "inadvertently" water my flowers on that non-irrigated field I am not going to be able to irrigate that field again for another 20 hours even if (for example) the field is ready to harvest in an hour.

mrsmel Sep 03 2011 06:16 AM

I want my brown sprinkler back! All other tools remained in my tool box when I bought the upgrade, but the brown sprinkler disappeared when I bought the red one. I tried putting the red one on a farm to see if the brown would again be available to me--but no. I bought the brown one to be able to water all of the flowers on a farm at once. That option is no longer available without accelerating crop growth on that farm. So--$95 later I'm back to using the red blob manual flower watering method. Color me unhappy.

Aussie Rae Sep 03 2011 06:26 AM

I love the new sprinkler...though I have found that I watered the flowers on a neighbours farm and she was unable to use her red sprinkler...told you can only water once a day..si she has to wait for the full growth time of 4 days....I watered her flowers before harvesting them, so when she watered it should have been for the next growth cycle...so not all is well yet in little farm town..lol