Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

marymarcel Nov 11 2016 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjohn726 (Post 6112546)
I can't find what I mentioned today at all about that problem. However, I did mention that my phone that is pluged into the wall may be that problem on facebook.

Therefore as Jeanne who I live with has a smart phone, I will thansfer money from my bank account to hers and she will buy that whatever for me in facebook and gift it to me. That is quite fine with me.

I see no need to buy something that I don't need like a mobile or smart phone as hers is just fine.

I will use the one that is plugged into the wall.

Either I play Farm Town or I don't.

Hi rjohn726:)

Your posts were moved to the following link and responded there

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...10#post6112510

We moved them to have all posts with same problems together in the same place.

You have instructions on how to find your own posts in the following thread

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594766

kidwboro Nov 15 2016 10:01 PM

Definitely a wonderful game. The concept of facilities is awesome. A person can obtain a huge abundance of products in a short time, and both parties get blessed. It brings people together. A very friendly atmosphere altogether, in the facilities realm as well as the harvesting/plowing realm.

artbee Nov 17 2016 04:46 AM

thank farm town
I have chatted to people from across the world
made sport theme farms
have Australian restaurant

firegold flames Nov 18 2016 02:43 PM

I agree that Farm town is fun and exciting .

Qivis Nov 18 2016 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kidwboro (Post 6113362)
Definitely a wonderful game. The concept of facilities is awesome. A person can obtain a huge abundance of products in a short time, and both parties get blessed. It brings people together. A very friendly atmosphere altogether, in the facilities realm as well as the harvesting/plowing realm.

Well put. I've even found out about new Facebook stickers because of the friendliness of some of my Farm Town friends posting them in response to my posts. A friend in the other hemisphere is especially fond of waving when he sees my requests for ingredients!

rjohn726 Nov 27 2016 04:39 AM

Your Computers

Thanks for updating your computers.

I like the new speed

lovetoocraft Dec 04 2016 02:12 PM

Please offer sales

Like so many people, I am retired and on a fixed income. It costs $40 in actual currency to purchase $250FC (FC=FarmCash). To purchase a new farm and totally build it out, we need to purchase $80 (actual currency) to get enough FC to purchase and build out a new farm. That is expensive. PLEASE CONSIDER putting items on sale. I would be more inclined to purchase more FC if for example I could purchase the entire farm with all the build outs and still have enough left over to purchase a few factories for the $40 (actual cash) investment.

Every one wins...You win because I would be willing to purchase more FC. I win because I am getting a better value for my money.

Taz D Dec 04 2016 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovetoocraft (Post 6116710)
Like so many people, I am retired and on a fixed income. It costs $40 in actual currency to purchase $250FC (FC=FarmCash). To purchase a new farm and totally build it out, we need to purchase $80 (actual currency) to get enough FC to purchase and build out a new farm. That is expensive. PLEASE CONSIDER putting items on sale. I would be more inclined to purchase more FC if for example I could purchase the entire farm with all the build outs and still have enough left over to purchase a few factories for the $40 (actual cash) investment.

Every one wins...You win because I would be willing to purchase more FC. I win because I am getting a better value for my money.

If you wish to make a suggestion please put it in the Suggestions section where the developers will see it. You can't start a new thread there but you can reply to a thread that fits your suggestion.
I will say that FC is not the only way to buy your farms and expansions. You can also buy them with coins that do not cost you anything in real money.

Peyana Dec 06 2016 09:40 AM

Trees v. plants v. bushes

With the introduction of the caper bush, I thought you guys might be headed in the right direction--until the Pimiento Tree was introduced. It is a plant guys! :) It should be a crop, not a tree. And while we are on the subject, grapes-green and purple AND red, should be a bush not a plant. Not just because it is how they really grow, but think how cool it would be to have a farm that you could make as a vineyard and having rows of grapes growing!

I love this game and am happy it is evolving and I get to experience it. Thank you for all your hard work, but can we please switch the grapes from a plant to a bush and the Pimento from a tree to a crop?

Qivis Dec 06 2016 04:14 PM

Cranberries are usually grown in flooded bogs as well, but we have adjusted to some of the idiosyncrasies of the game at this point. While it would be nice if the grapes had a category of vines for themselves, it is another complication that many of us simply do without.

Taz D Dec 06 2016 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyana (Post 6117062)
With the introduction of the caper bush, I thought you guys might be headed in the right direction--until the Pimiento Tree was introduced. It is a plant guys! :) It should be a crop, not a tree. And while we are on the subject, grapes-green and purple AND red, should be a bush not a plant. Not just because it is how they really grow, but think how cool it would be to have a farm that you could make as a vineyard and having rows of grapes growing!

I love this game and am happy it is evolving and I get to experience it. Thank you for all your hard work, but can we please switch the grapes from a plant to a bush and the Pimento from a tree to a crop?

Hi Peyana,
The pimento pepper (red pepper strip usually in olives) we know is a plant yes. This is the Pimento Tree also know as Jamaican pepper and the berries from it are hard and ground to make allspice. Two different things

Peyana Dec 07 2016 09:31 AM

Pimentos

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6117162)
Hi Peyana,
The pimento pepper (red pepper strip usually in olives) we know is a plant yes. This is the Pimento Tree also know as Jamaican pepper and the berries from it are hard and ground to make allspice. Two different things

OHHHHHHH! Ok, I understand. :) Thank you for clarifying. What about my idea for the grapes? And can we add red grapes as those are usually used to make wine, right? And we really need to add grape jelly since we have peanut butter. :)

Thanks for an awesome game!

Taz D Dec 07 2016 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyana (Post 6117254)
OHHHHHHH! Ok, I understand. :) Thank you for clarifying. What about my idea for the grapes? And can we add red grapes as those are usually used to make wine, right? And we really need to add grape jelly since we have peanut butter. :)

Thanks for an awesome game!

Hi Peyana,
Any suggestions you want to make please place them in the Suggestion section. You can not start a new thread there, so you will have to reply to one that fits your suggestion.

CjBillie44 Dec 09 2016 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyana (Post 6117062)

also, it would be great if we could move the facilities between farms without loosing any of the productions and not having to put it into the store first to move it and loose everything, thanks

LazyMare Dec 09 2016 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CjBillie44 (Post 6117618)
also, it would be great if we could move the facilities between farms without loosing any of the productions and not having to put it into the store first to move it and loose everything, thanks

Hi CjBillie

It would be far better to post your idea in the Suggestions section
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2

You can't start a new thread there but you can post a reply to the thread that best fits

Your earlier reply in the suggestions section has been deleted as replying to other members there is not allowed to make sure everyone feels comfortable

supertrucker Dec 15 2016 02:32 PM

Facebook 'gameroom' - good idea, or not?

i'm not sure where to put this one, it's not really a 'game related' query - move it if you want to, capisce? my question involves the 'facebook gameroom' - every time i load a game (no matter which one), it's there on the right side of my screen, "(game) is available on facebook gameroom"... not sure what the 'gameroom' is, or what it's supposed to do, does anyone have any information, helpful or not?

Petuniaflower Dec 19 2016 11:49 AM

Farmtown Wall request

Each morning and evening ,I go to the Farmtown Wall Request,to work neighbors and friends facilities.
I start from the top down.I have been noticing,after a while,neighbors names are omitted. That bother's me,because I don't know whose I have wiorked and whose I haven't.

Is this something Facebook is doing? And if so ,Why?

Tiger Dec 19 2016 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petuniaflower (Post 6119662)
Each morning and evening ,I go to the Farmtown Wall Request,to work neighbors and friends facilities.
I start from the top down.I have been noticing,after a while,neighbors names are omitted. That bother's me,because I don't know whose I have wiorked and whose I haven't.

Is this something Facebook is doing? And if so ,Why?

Hi Petuniaflower,

That information is got from Facebook. It may be that the list just hadn't finished loading the names, as those seem to be the last information to get loaded. You may just need to give it a little more time or reload Wall Requests and try again.

slartismum Dec 26 2016 11:54 PM

Gameroom.

I tried it and found it useful. It can be made full screen (if a game allows it) and you do not need to be connected to Facebook to play their games. You can click on each game from the home page and return by the arrow on the left. A downside is that there is no contact with friends (cannot send a message etc) although you can still send gifts or request items from inside the game.

Dulcinea Dec 27 2016 10:37 AM

What about tabs and ads? I had the previous FB gaming interface, and I removed it because (1) it didn't have tabs and (2) there was no way to remove the ads.

slartismum Dec 27 2016 05:40 PM

Gameroom

You are right, there are no tabs. I play the farming games and go full screen. Don't seem to get ads then. I am sure that not everyone will like it but it suits my kind of playing.

DJChambala Jan 04 2017 07:19 PM

New Neighbors

I need new neighbors who play the game regularly. Most of my neighbors have stopped playing Farmtown, so now I find I do not have enough neighbors to help with the ships. Is there a way to find new neighbors thru this site?

Taz D Jan 04 2017 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJChambala (Post 6128742)
I need new neighbors who play the game regularly. Most of my neighbors have stopped playing Farmtown, so now I find I do not have enough neighbors to help with the ships. Is there a way to find new neighbors thru this site?

Hi DJChambala,
Please post your request for neighbors in the Social section subject thread we have set up for Facebook Neighbor Requests. Please read the first post of that thread to see what you need to include in your post asking for neighbors. Here is a link to that thread:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=391198

writerkat Jan 07 2017 06:45 PM

Broke

Does anyone else feel that the cost of farms and expansions are way too much now? I've been playing since the beginning and I can't spend much real money, so working in coins only and playing once a day means I will never keep up with purchases and expansions. I do try to spend some cash as I love the game and know the developers have to make a living, but I can't do it often. Any tips about making coin would be appreciated. I have all the coin facs.

BamaMike Jan 07 2017 06:58 PM

I work as many of my neighbors/friends factory's post as possible that brings coins and products and then I post my factory work once every day and I make around 6 billion coins a day. That includes selling off the non ingredients. I do have 2 trains so that makes working others factories easy but it does help big time in making more coins.

LongsleeveSteve Jan 07 2017 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by writerkat (Post 6129986)
Does anyone else feel that the cost of farms and expansions are way too much now? I've been playing since the beginning and I can't spend much real money, so working in coins only and playing once a day means I will never keep up with purchases and expansions. I do try to spend some cash as I love the game and know the developers have to make a living, but I can't do it often. Any tips about making coin would be appreciated. I have all the coin facs.

Fishing is the only way to make money. Layering various big lake and small sea coast make tons of money.

bluehair Jan 08 2017 01:31 AM

well even though I dont want to spend 50FC on farm 32 and dont have 15 billion in coins I will just keep saving my coins I dont need farm 32 but do want it but yeah will just save

Mama Kimberly Jan 08 2017 01:01 PM

Will this work on a tablet? I'd love not to have to run back to my desktop when crops need harvesting or a ship needs loading so it can move along to the next port.

ccheney Jan 08 2017 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by writerkat (Post 6129986)

I do. I have 25 farms the three largest ones are all 24x24 and I only have 7 billion coins and I can't afford to expand them any further. It seems that by setting the costs so high they are discouraging us from expanding.

I am on a fixed income so it took me several months and over $200 in real money, a fortune for someone in my position to get the tools necessary to work my facilities in one click or I would spend over 2 1/2 hrs a day doing nothing in the game but working them one at a time. I have all the coin facilities and only a handful of FC facilities.

writerkat Jan 08 2017 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccheney (Post 6130214)
I do. I have 25 farms the three largest ones are all 24x24 and I only have 7 billion coins and I can't afford to expand them any further. It seems that by setting the costs so high they are discouraging us from expanding.

I am on a fixed income so it took me several months and over $200 in real money, a fortune for someone in my position to get the tools necessary to work my facilities in one click or I would spend over 2 1/2 hrs a day doing nothing in the game but working them one at a time. I have all the coin facilities and only a handful of FC facilities.

I'm all for working hard and playing regularly, but when it seems impossible I want to give up. I try the earn farmcash things and most never work for me.

ccheney Jan 08 2017 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by writerkat (Post 6130310)
I'm all for working hard and playing regularly, but when it seems impossible I want to give up. I try the earn farm cash things and most never work for me.

Those earn FC ads from Trial Pay are gimmicks and I gave up on them a long time ago.
With the amount of FC needed for tools and facilities and since I am topped out at level 800 the only way to earn FC is through quests which gets me 1 or 2 FC a week and then the astronomical cost of expansion it's like I'm playing for nothing except coins. We can't really earn anything anymore.

writerkat Jan 11 2017 08:58 PM

I agree. But I still love it. I wish they'd have "specials" sometimes and make things affordable.

ammydeb Jan 13 2017 09:58 AM

I am a super neighbor, but it doesn't seem like experience points accumulate very quickly, and no exp. points on trees or flowers. Can someone explain how the coins/exp. points work? Thanks

Taz D Jan 13 2017 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ammydeb (Post 6131746)
I am a super neighbor, but it doesn't seem like experience points accumulate very quickly, and no exp. points on trees or flowers. Can someone explain how the coins/exp. points work? Thanks

Hi ammydeb,
You can find out all that you get in the hiring chapter in the game guide. Here is a link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=599222

Super neighbor gets the same as what you would get if your neighbor sent you a hire request. The only difference is it is a permanent hire, so you can work without the employer being around to send request.

rodbuilder Jan 16 2017 01:16 PM

Not a happy camper

I want to thank slashkey for expanding the farm stats access to 34x34 from 32x32... No warning at all... My question is why?...

marymarcel Jan 16 2017 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodbuilder (Post 6133022)
I want to thank slashkey for expanding the farm stats access to 34x34 from 32x32... No warning at all... My question is why?...

Hi rodbuilder :)

The farm stats rules were posted in the New Release December 4th, 2013 and it depends on the expansions for your farms.

Here are the rules:

7. Farm Stats tool Improvement: You can now select which specific farm (or All farms) you want to get the stats from, this option may be enabled or not for the different product categories based on the size of your farms, here are the rules, to get:

-Fish stats on farms that are not the current one -> At least 5 farms at 26 x 26 or bigger required
-Animals stats on farms that are not the current one -> At least 6 farms at 26 x 26 or bigger required
-Flowers stats on farms that are not the current one -> At least 7 farms at 28 x 28 or bigger required
-Tree stats on farms that are not the current one -> At least 8 farms at 30 x 30 or bigger required
-Crops stats on farms that are not the current one -> At least 9 farms at 32 x 32 or bigger required
-All Products stats on farms that are not the current one -> At least 10 farms at 34 x 34 or bigger required

its.colleen Jan 16 2017 05:03 PM

How long Have We had FarmTown?

When did FarmTown first launch? I feel like I've been doing it for a very long time. I'm sure I have been a farmer for 10-12 years now? Currently I have all 32 farms expanded as far as they can go. I love it. It's like therapy for me! I do not tie myself down or let it command my schedule. I just do it when I can and Love Love Love FarmTown !!!

Taz D Jan 16 2017 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by its.colleen (Post 6133122)
When did FarmTown first launch? I feel like I've been doing it for a very long time. I'm sure I have been a farmer for 10-12 years now? Currently I have all 32 farms expanded as far as they can go. I love it. It's like therapy for me! I do not tie myself down or let it command my schedule. I just do it when I can and Love Love Love FarmTown !!!

Hi Colleen,
I am sorry, but Farm Town has only been around since February 2009, so only 7 (almost 8) years.

lrk352 Jan 16 2017 05:25 PM

suggestion ..

please consider making the diffenbachia and the mugo plant where you do not have a skip between them. like you did with the oak trees ..ty
:)

marymarcel Jan 16 2017 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lrk352 (Post 6133158)
please consider making the diffenbachia and the mugo plant where you do not have a skip between them. like you did with the oak trees ..ty
:)

Hi Irk352 :)

Please post your idea in our Suggestion section to let the developers read it.

You cant start a new thread there but you can post as a response to a thread that fits with your idea.

This is the link to that section

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2