Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

Lee Ann Jun 12 2012 11:00 AM

Trains

I am looking forward to the further uses for the trains as well, now..if they could just whistle and steam hahaha

Pam Gossett Jun 12 2012 11:56 AM

I love the new trains. I would like all the train accessories like boom gates, tracks, train crossing signs, etc. to be moved to the train section to make it easier to find them. And I agree with, Taz: we need a caboose. I stuck the red passenger train at the end to pose as one but of course that's just wrong.

Grammy 11 Jun 12 2012 12:23 PM

Maybe some fine day we'll be able to choose what we want; the trains rematerialize, and we can select, say, corn or tomatoes or canvas, like that, before sending the trains merrily on their way for another week. Maybe buy a "your choice" freight car. For now, I am delighted to be part of the shakedown tour.

StoneFace Jun 12 2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee Ann (Post 5188626)
I am looking forward to the further uses for the trains as well, now..if they could just whistle and steam hahaha

Maybe they will blow smoke.... they could learn from some posters here... hehehehe.... just kidding.

carhar Jun 12 2012 03:59 PM

trains

Why can't we have it so the trains can rotate. they can only go in one direction, down and there is a lot of track laid sideways.

I hope you can make that happen.:confused:

Rob T Jun 12 2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carhar (Post 5188878)
Why can't we have it so the trains can rotate. they can only go in one direction, down and there is a lot of track laid sideways.

I hope you can make that happen.:confused:

The developers have said previously, they will be making them so they rotate upto either 4 or 8 directions

dansd111 Jun 12 2012 05:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I was working a neighbor's facilities and received a pop up to work on their train (see attachment), but it took me to the train and said there was no work there. I wonder if we're going to be able to work the trains or if this is a glitch.

Tiger Jun 12 2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dansd111 (Post 5188958)
I was working a neighbor's facilities and received a pop up to work on their train (see attachment), but it took me to the train and said there was no work there. I wonder if we're going to be able to work the trains or if this is a glitch.

Well there is a "Boost Train" button within the Train menu, which when you click on it says "coming soon", so you never know what might happen ;)

HelenJS22 Jun 12 2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee Ann (Post 5188626)

Love that idea. If they would whistle and steam I'd buy them for that reason :D

Farmer DeDe Jun 12 2012 06:01 PM

After reading (really reading..lol) about the trains I am getting warm and fuzzy about them. At the moment, the boxcars do not supply anything I need but I am sure eventually, chicken, eggs, milk, CANVAS!!!, meat, and other much needed ingredients and supplies will be added. Over the 2+ years I have been playing, the game has remained fresh and has kept my attention. Thank you Devs for all that you do to keep us happy. I gladly spend FC and I have not been disappointed..just need to gather up a little patience. :)

FarmerMcLashwood Jun 12 2012 07:52 PM

So glad we are now able to turn off the transparency of the train.... makes it look so much better .

gffarmer Jun 12 2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarmerMcLashwood (Post 5189238)
So glad we are now able to turn off the transparency of the train.... makes it look so much better .

We can?? How???

Rob T Jun 12 2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gffarmer (Post 5189250)
We can?? How???

hi, yes, there is a new game preference you can turn on/off the transparancy :)

gffarmer Jun 12 2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob T (Post 5189258)
hi, yes, there is a new game preference you can turn on/off the transparancy :)

ok I am blind...where is the option??

gffarmer Jun 12 2012 10:27 PM

No problem! I found it!!

FrankDieter Jun 14 2012 01:20 AM

Trains & carriages, currently not so impressive...

‎Is anyone else disappointed with the strange logic and pricing regarding the trains and carriages and what they transport and the time it takes?!

If you have plenty of oil pumps and mines, a petrochem factory, ink factory and a few glass factories (all coins facilities), then it makes no sense whatsoever to spend FC on those choo choo trains and carriages, especially when they take a week to deliver - bonkers!!!

:eek:

james_a_thompson Jun 16 2012 04:39 PM

Trains derailed

:) Hi, I bought the Standard Freight Locomotive, a One-door Boxcar, two Two-door Boxcars, and 2 Container Cars only to find out that I cannot do anything with them. :confused: I am willing to buy the Long Two-door Boxcar for 406,000 coins, the Long Container Car for 882,000 coins, and the Long One-door Boxcar for 2,310,000 coins (the prices listed in the "Show Train Details - Freight Cars" window), :mad: BUT I will NOT spend $35 cash for each car, the return-on-investment just isn't there. Come on guys! If it's only about REAL WORLD CASH figure out a way for us to trade coins for cash (how about 1,000,000 coins = $1); I still have to work for it, just not forego feeding my family or skipping my mortgage.:cool:

trina531 Jun 16 2012 10:21 PM

Yes I agree with others about the train cars...would gladly spend money on them if they were they I needed like CANVAS, EGGS..I may consider they buy when there are things I need and when the train cars go in both directions..

Emychan Jun 17 2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trina531 (Post 5194450)
Yes I agree with others about the train cars...would gladly spend money on them if they were they I needed like CANVAS, EGGS..I may consider they buy when there are things I need and when the train cars go in both directions..

I agree 100 %,carry goods that we need like canvas as said.

Tony D Jun 17 2012 12:07 AM

Hi everyone , just a reminder, this the the thread for Feedback on trains, if you would like to make a suggestion then please post in this thread ...http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492566

Miz judy Jun 17 2012 12:47 AM

Amen someone else is stepting up to the plate and seeing the freight -cars are worthless..I finf doing other farmers factories in posting and other things we do pays off better and faster than the 7-days waiting period.. I do not have the time to waste either..Crops sometimes do not produce as they need too and it takes some too long to grow. I again can't always plan my schedules for doctor appointments and family-based on the growing season. And we do not have the means to spend real money for all the factories we need for the quest. And some factories-make the same produce and etc, as another.Yet we need both to get one to work-..;we are not all fools.

coinman1952 Jun 17 2012 04:04 AM

What am I missing. The red two door box car says I have to have a Ink and Pigment factory on farm or in storage. I have it but the boxcar is locked????

Taz D Jun 17 2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by james_a_thompson (Post 5194050)
:) Hi, I bought the Standard Freight Locomotive, a One-door Boxcar, two Two-door Boxcars, and 2 Container Cars only to find out that I cannot do anything with them. :confused: I am willing to buy the Long Two-door Boxcar for 406,000 coins, the Long Container Car for 882,000 coins, and the Long One-door Boxcar for 2,310,000 coins (the prices listed in the "Show Train Details - Freight Cars" window), :mad: BUT I will NOT spend $35 cash for each car, the return-on-investment just isn't there. Come on guys! If it's only about REAL WORLD CASH figure out a way for us to trade coins for cash (how about 1,000,000 coins = $1); I still have to work for it, just not forego feeding my family or skipping my mortgage.:cool:

The smaller cars are only decoration like the passenger trains. The trains set up is not complete yet as the Boost hasn't been done yet. I believe this will allow your neighbors to speed up the train so that it doesn't take 7 days to get the items back.

Taz D Jun 17 2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coinman1952 (Post 5194682)
What am I missing. The red two door box car says I have to have a Ink and Pigment factory on farm or in storage. I have it but the boxcar is locked????

You have to be on the farm with that factory or put that factory in storage. Then when you get there refresh that farm and it should unlock.

FarmerMcLashwood Jun 17 2012 11:04 AM

My train is almost ready.... will I be able to move it to another farm once it has?

Grammy 11 Jun 17 2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony D (Post 5194498)
Hi everyone , just a reminder, this the the thread for Feedback on trains, if you would like to make a suggestion then please post in this thread ...http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492566

I went there - it seems to be closed........

FarmerMcLashwood Jun 17 2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FarmerMcLashwood (Post 5194946)
My train is almost ready.... will I be able to move it to another farm once it has?

Well my train arrived and I was able to unload it and yes I was able to move it to another farm... and off it goes again.

But I do have a question...... Farm town days are usually 20hrs... but the train does take actually 7 real times days. ie 7 x 24..... so in fact it doesn't takes 7 FT days.. it takes 8.4 days.. why is this?

Tony D Jun 17 2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grammy Snowbird (Post 5194950)
I went there - it seems to be closed........

Hi, sorry about that , it is open for Suggestions now.

lewlin Jun 18 2012 04:10 AM

I actually like the trains! I had a coin one on my farm which I changed for the 7 days ones and it now looks good as well as actually being useful! No it doesn't bring all the products I need quickly, but it brings extra product which are always a bonus! With the trains and the dan bonus belts and the ingredients posts and working other peoples facs, I don't run out of much....well except cheese!!!

barbara nixon Jun 19 2012 03:25 PM

i too am midly dissapointed in the train..i had to wait 7 days for 168 rolls of paper ..seems like i shudda got more..paper and glass are the few things i can use more of, so i didn't get the flour one..i have plenty of that..maybe be a good idea to be able to haul feed for the animals to up their production...still love the game.. keep it as close to real as u can...pleeze...

corogirl Jun 19 2012 06:26 PM

I got all the box cars on day one and dispatched the first one, only to find I had to wait 7 days before I could add and dispatch the other two I purchased just after that. When finally the 7 days was up I laughed when I saw the miserable amount of stuff it had collected. I could have collected a belt bonus on most and got more and that would be instant, not a 7day wait. Total waste of FC and if I could get a refund I would. Rant over, now back to the farm.

KnightRider Jun 19 2012 07:34 PM

It always amazes me that people purchase the FC items before they check the item(s) out, like the train boxcars they purchase them and then they say that if they had known how much they got from them they wouldn't have purchased them, but if they had went into the store and click on the ? in the green box and hovered their cursor over the item(s) that they wanted to know about they would have saw the amount of each item in each boxcar, then they would have known not to purchase that item, then they would have saved FC and not needed to come into the forum and complain about that item. All of the facilities have the ?, the trains that carry items have the ?, most of the tools also have the ?, and if someone has a questions about an FC item they should come into the forum and ask the others players questions about the FC item. I have saw some players come in here and ask questions before purchasing an FC item, which then they can make a decision at that time if they want to purchase the said item.

Tony D Jun 19 2012 08:10 PM

Hi, just thought I would mention that part of the reason for this section of the Forum is for people to provide feedback , both positive and negative feedback is welcome here :)

musicman1215 Jun 20 2012 08:43 AM

You devs put out excellent ideas for this game, but in order for us to dispatch a train for goods, you expect us to shell out money to your GREEDY employees to purchase a LONG FREIGHT CAR. You could have made it so we could use the short freight cars to do at least half of what the long freight cars do. You devs should have thought more about being more considerate and made the short cars operable instead of putting them out for useless decorations.

KnightRider Jun 20 2012 08:59 AM

I think the dev's did an excellent job on the trains and boxcars, hoping other boxcars come out soon and the option to rotate the trains so they can be put on the tracks going other ways, in my opinion it isn't GREED it is just doing a job and wanting to get paid for doing that job so they can pay their bills like everyone else.

SeaJay Jun 20 2012 09:06 PM

The farm I have my train on has no facilities or clients on it but, it is showing up as a farm to work when my neighbors answer my posts. Must be attached to the boost option to come, but yet another bummer trip I'm on about making my neighbors go to a farm that has nothing on it to work. It says, I'm sorry but there is no more work available on this farm!!! Could we shut that off until you introduce the boost??

SeaJay Jun 20 2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grammy Snowbird (Post 5188690)
Maybe some fine day we'll be able to choose what we want; the trains rematerialize, and we can select, say, corn or tomatoes or canvas, like that, before sending the trains merrily on their way for another week. Maybe buy a "your choice" freight car. For now, I am delighted to be part of the shakedown tour.

Sweeeeeeeeet!!!!

FarmerMcLashwood Jun 24 2012 04:45 PM

I posted this already in another part of the forum but realise it was most probably the wrong place.
So here is my feedback on the train:

Well here's a fine thing... I dispatched my train again last sunday without any problem at all.
It was ready tonight to unload but before I did..... i went into my storage to check what amounts I had for each of the goods in the carts.

There was absolutely no problem at all with the goods unloaded from the Long Box car... I got what I was supposed to.
The problems were the other cars.
In the Long container car I should have received 2520 plastic granules but only got 2340 - 180 short!
I should have received 672 rubber but only got 492 - 180 short!
The flat glass and the mirror glass were correct.
In the Long 2 door box car there were problems with some of the goods too.
I should have received 336 cardstock but only got 156 - 180 short (can you see a pattern emerging?
But the biggest shock of all was I should have received 168 Paper rolls....... I didn't receive any..... instead it TOOK 192 of what I had in storage.

Am disinclined to dispatch my train again until these glitches are sorted out.

My train is on my farm6
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...5259&farm_ix=5

I await an explanation...... if there is one and would like the missing items to be returned to me.
I wish I had checked it out more last week before I unloaded last sunday.... would be interested to see if a pattern was emerging.:(:mad:

Petuniaflower Jun 24 2012 05:20 PM

:rolleyes:O My..I am sure..I am among only a few...Who wanted the train..because..my farm or farms(have 2 trains..and 2 of each of the cars)REALLY NEEDED TRAINS :D..How much product..it brings..or that I can only dispatch one of the trains..doesn't bother me...I do well enough..have enough coin to buy all my wants and needs...buy with cash...all my wants and needs...Because it gives me Joy..to mess with my farms...

FarmerMcLashwood Jun 24 2012 05:36 PM

I wish there was a box we could tick for the products we wanted... like in the semi trailer truck. I don't need ink pigments or flour etc., the only 2 I really need is paper roll and rubber and they were 2 of the products that didn't deliver what they should have. in fact have been left with less paper roll than there was before I unloaded my train.