Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

Taz D Nov 14 2015 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candy-Iowa (Post 6018050)
Why can we no longer tend the farms of our neighbors when we visit them? Will there be another way provided to earn the points we used to earn that way? Thank you.

Hi Candy,
The item's name was changed in the menu to Visit ___'s Farms from Tend and visit. The function to water, rake, etc was broken when that was changed but has since been fixed. SO you should now be able to Visit and get that pop up.

Candy-Iowa Nov 14 2015 09:06 PM

No, I use Google Chrome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6018058)
Hi Candy,
If you are using IE or Edge then along with not being able to send gifts or boost trains you will not be able to get to that page. I can only suggest you use another browser to try to get to it.

Candy-Iowa Nov 14 2015 09:08 PM

Yes, thank you. It works now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6018062)
Hi Candy,
The item's name was changed in the menu to Visit ___'s Farms from Tend and visit. The function to water, rake, etc was broken when that was changed but has since been fixed. SO you should now be able to Visit and get that pop up.

Taz D Nov 14 2015 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Candy-Iowa (Post 6018070)
No, I use Google Chrome.

Hi Candy,
Then please check to make sure you have allowed 3rd party cookies and pop ups in your browser settings. Those are needed for the in game pop up screens to show.

If you do not want to open up your browser to all 3rd party cookies or all pop ups you can add the following web sites to the exceptions for those settings:
Slashkey.com
L1.slashkey.com
Facebook.com
Apps.facebook.com
Trialpay.com

Also , if you have an ad-blocker plugin in your browser make sure the above web sites are also allowed in that too.

Be sure you close and restart your browser for those changes to take effect.

The last site in the list is the one that runs that and the Buy Cash tab for Facebook. Farn Town doesn't have any control on those.

Bumfy Nov 15 2015 12:02 PM

Hoax In-game Message

one of my friends just sent me this message, unfortunately I sent it to my neighbours, but apparently it's spam?

Attention: Farm Town announced that if you send this message to 35 persons minimum, you'll receive 50 000 Green Dollars to better your farm since Farm Town members say they have dificulty obtaining them. Time limit: Sept. 30-Nov. 29. It will not be repeated.
Just copy and paste and send on ~ Chat Conversation End

Tiger Nov 15 2015 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bumfy (Post 6018398)
one of my friends just sent me this message, unfortunately I sent it to my neighbours, but apparently it's spam?

Attention: Farm Town announced that if you send this message to 35 persons minimum, you'll receive 50 000 Green Dollars to better your farm since Farm Town members say they have dificulty obtaining them. Time limit: Sept. 30-Nov. 29. It will not be repeated.
Just copy and paste and send on ~ Chat Conversation End

Hi Bumfy,

That is a hoax message and there is absolutely no truth in it. They tend to do the rounds every few months. Please don't pass it on any more. You can read more about hoax messages in the following link >>
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595462

amdevine Nov 20 2015 07:19 AM

Playing FarmTown on IPAD or Surface Pro

Does anyone know if you can play FarmTown or Cafeland on Microsoft Surface Pro or an IPAD?

Darcia Reyneke Nov 20 2015 08:39 AM

Hi can you please help me, as a "SN" I have permission to work and plant and help design one of my neighbors farms. It show a red dot but does not allow me to plow for her with my tools. What am I doing wrong. She is on a very low level and I am trying to help. Also when are you allowed to send fc tools or facilities to a neighbor. Went through the forum but got no help.

Thank you very much for the super game.

marymarcel Nov 20 2015 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darcia Reyneke (Post 6020038)
Hi can you please help me, as a "SN" I have permission to work and plant and help design one of my neighbors farms. It show a red dot but does not allow me to plow for her with my tools. What am I doing wrong. She is on a very low level and I am trying to help. Also when are you allowed to send fc tools or facilities to a neighbor. Went through the forum but got no help.

Thank you very much for the super game.

Hi Darcia:)

You can only plow with new spots on a farm for you have been allowed to design, not all farms. And of course your neighbor must allow you to use their coins.:)

Taz D Nov 20 2015 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amdevine (Post 6020030)
Does anyone know if you can play FarmTown or Cafeland on Microsoft Surface Pro or an IPAD?

Hi amdevine,
You can play Farm Town on an Ipad if you download a browser that has Flash in it as Safari does not have that. I don't know about playing on the Surface Pro, but I would think the same would apply to it. As far as Cafeland you would need to ask the developers of that game as it is not a Slashkey game.

ckpeer@gmail.com Nov 20 2015 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amdevine (Post 6020030)

Hi amdevine; Yes, you can play FT on an ipad. You do need a browser that has Adobe Flash. There is one that I use called Puffin. Last time I checked, you can download it for free for 30 days, if you like it, you need to pay $5 to purchase the browser. Steve Jobs had an issue with the quality of Adobe Flash which is why it has NOT been included on the ipad. We (FT players and developers) are currently experiencing issues with Flash. Raul and the other devs have been working hard to undo the many changes that Adobe has caused, and I do think that we are over the worst of the changes.

You will find that playing it on the ipad is somewhat clunky. The screen is much smaller and I find that harvest/plowing is a pain because of that. Hiring helpers to harvest/plow is doable. In other words, in a pinch, is will work, but playing the game on a laptop or large screen computer gives the best results.

PhilGrocholl Nov 22 2015 01:09 AM

Hiding of crops while harvesting

In a recent update, when you harvest, say, flowers, it hides the other crops, trees, buildings, etc. I have decided that I do not like this feature. It just feels weird having everything dim like that. I just had to restart the game because it glitched on me, and even though I was trying to harvest flowers with my flower harvester, everything was dimmed, including the flowers. Once I restarted the game, it worked, but I've never had to do that before that feature was added in.

Aussie Rae Nov 22 2015 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilGrocholl (Post 6020474)
In a recent update, when you harvest, say, flowers, it hides the other crops, trees, buildings, etc. I have decided that I do not like this feature. It just feels weird having everything dim like that. I just had to restart the game because it glitched on me, and even though I was trying to harvest flowers with my flower harvester, everything was dimmed, including the flowers. Once I restarted the game, it worked, but I've never had to do that before that feature was added in.

sounds like you had it set to Dim not Hide... things go faster in ft if you have everything hidden, and the only thing showing.. whatever you are working on at the time.. even planting is faster if you have Crops Hidden, especially with 9x farms..

fredam Nov 23 2015 06:16 PM

still no control on curser

It is now november 23rd and my curser still has a lot of lag this is getting very frustrating I so love my FT so much so I have 2 accounts to play it and paid a lotta money into it but its now getting to the point of cutting my losses and leaving which I would do with a very heavy heart ..... at some points the curser has a mind of its own .....I'm getting desperate for a solution pleaseeeee

Taz D Nov 23 2015 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredam (Post 6020878)
It is now november 23rd and my curser still has a lot of lag this is getting very frustrating I so love my FT so much so I have 2 accounts to play it and paid a lotta money into it but its now getting to the point of cutting my losses and leaving which I would do with a very heavy heart ..... at some points the curser has a mind of its own .....I'm getting desperate for a solution pleaseeeee

Hi fredam,
What browser are you using? Have you tried other browsers to see if it is different in those? Is you Flash up to date or if using Chrome is it current.
The Flash for all the browsers should be 19,0,0,245.

stevet160 Nov 23 2015 08:12 PM

Gift Box Update

Creating extra clicks to select "ingredients" or "animals" is just bad. The way it was before was much smarter and worked just fine. I think this is an update we can roll back. Please fix that.

Taz D Nov 23 2015 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevet160 (Post 6020902)
Creating extra clicks to select "ingredients" or "animals" is just bad. The way it was before was much smarter and worked just fine. I think this is an update we can roll back. Please fix that.

Hi stevet,
If you wish to make suggestion please put it in the Suggestions section. You can not start a new thread there but you can reply to a thread that fits your suggestion.

fredam Nov 24 2015 07:03 AM

I'm using chrome and my flash player is up to date,I have the same problem on safari and explorer

Taz D Nov 24 2015 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredam (Post 6020986)
I'm using chrome and my flash player is up to date,I have the same problem on safari and explorer

Hi fredam,
Neither safari or IE are ideal browsers for game playing. Would you please try a new browser theat is not already installed on your computer. Many have tried Opera and find it works quite well. If that works then I suggest you uninstall and reinstall Chrome to see if that will speed up your game play.

Qivis Nov 25 2015 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredam (Post 6020878)

If you are using a wireless mouse or have more than 1 mouse plugged in you might also want to be sure the batteries are not running down or the mouse which you do not intend to use is either remaining absolutely still or is off. My wireless mouse sometimes starts doing this when I need to recharge its batteries or if my wired USB mouse is not perfectly still. As a matter of fact, I just plugged my Energizer charger in a few minutes ago for this very problem.

fredam Nov 26 2015 07:04 PM

Thanks every one i will try opera and unistall chrome and reinstall I will try anything to get my fav game playing again

jeemersmom Nov 29 2015 08:34 PM

Plow that works like other tools

I'm sure this is not the correct place for this post...please move if needed. All tools EXCEPT THE PLOW will seed, harvest, etc. on a strip of "land" that is much smaller than the tool is designed for. A 12 x 12 seeder will seed a strip that is only 1 x 12. The plow is the only tool that must have the size of the plow match the size of the area to be plowed. Our work would be much easier if the plow would work even if its working area overlapped the margins of the farm.

Taz D Nov 29 2015 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeemersmom (Post 6022958)
I'm sure this is not the correct place for this post...please move if needed. All tools EXCEPT THE PLOW will seed, harvest, etc. on a strip of "land" that is much smaller than the tool is designed for. A 12 x 12 seeder will seed a strip that is only 1 x 12. The plow is the only tool that must have the size of the plow match the size of the area to be plowed. Our work would be much easier if the plow would work even if its working area overlapped the margins of the farm.

Hi jeemersmom,
The plow does work like the other tools if you are working on a previous plowed area. The only time you need the different sizes of plow is if you are plowing new plots.
If you wish to make a suggestion about changing how it works then please post it in the Suggestions section rather than the Feedback section. You can reply to a thread there that fits your suggestion, but you cannot start a new thread there.

AnnaWalls Nov 30 2015 03:46 AM

The Value of Trees

Have you recently reduced the value of trees? Not so long ago, I had no problem keeping my facilities happy, now I can't seem to plant enough, and I've not added any new facilities for a long time, not one that matters anyway.
Lag has gone through the roof most days too, so I'm thinking my tree harvest might not be being counted. For example: 2 rows of ceder seemed to be enough for the longest time, then I need a little more. 3 rows did fine for a while, but now - suddenly - I have like 8 rows and they're not enough. Same with cashews, almonds, mangoes, avocados, and coconuts, and maybe a few others.

Taz D Nov 30 2015 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnaWalls (Post 6023010)
Have you recently reduced the value of trees? Not so long ago, I had no problem keeping my facilities happy, now I can't seem to plant enough, and I've not added any new facilities for a long time, not one that matters anyway.
Lag has gone through the roof most days too, so I'm thinking my tree harvest might not be being counted. For example: 2 rows of ceder seemed to be enough for the longest time, then I need a little more. 3 rows did fine for a while, but now - suddenly - I have like 8 rows and they're not enough. Same with cashews, almonds, mangoes, avocados, and coconuts, and maybe a few others.

Hi Anna,
I hate to tell you this but the value of trees has not changed. The only change has been more facilities added that use more of those crops.

max_river Nov 30 2015 02:51 PM

i have a question is big pine worth more than the little one

AnnaWalls Nov 30 2015 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6023054)
Hi Anna,
I hate to tell you this but the value of trees has not changed. The only change has been more facilities added that use more of those crops.

I can understand that, and I've dealt with that with some other trees. So have you changed the requirements of facilities recently? because I haven't added more than paper requirements for a long time, and though I've never seen ceder fence posts in my entire life as a rancher's daughter, I can see their value. I wish I could find some ceder pilings. I'd put them under my house.

Taz D Nov 30 2015 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by max_river (Post 6023122)
i have a question is big pine worth more than the little one

Hi max river,
No both are the same value...each provides 1 pile of logs.

max_river Nov 30 2015 08:57 PM

ty taz for the info

Jdnelso Dec 01 2015 02:55 PM

i also have that same problem even if allowed to design it is not allowing up to plow new plots. my bulldozer doesnt work on his farm either. if it matters my plow does show up in my tool box it just wont plow :(

i am also not able to get into store or my SN storage to get items to design with.
my crane doesn't work on his farm either so i can clear it off so can do the work my SN wants my help with

am we missing a step? he approved to do all of the options that poped up as choices when he SN me...

Taz D Dec 01 2015 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jdnelso (Post 6023462)
i also have that same problem even if allowed to design it is not allowing up to plow new plots. my bulldozer doesnt work on his farm either. if it matters my plow does show up in my tool box it just wont plow :(

i am also not able to get into store or my SN storage to get items to design with.
my crane doesn't work on his farm either so i can clear it off so can do the work my SN wants my help with

am we missing a step? he approved to do all of the options that poped up as choices when he SN me...

Hi jdnelso,
Did he allow you to "Allow Selling & Buying Items with My Coins"? That would be required to allow you to do the things you are talking about doing.

Jdnelso Dec 01 2015 03:59 PM

he said he clicked on everything but i will double check

is that also what is casuging the problem with not being able to do plow and bulldoze?

Taz D Dec 01 2015 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jdnelso (Post 6023482)
he said he clicked on everything but i will double check

is that also what is casuging the problem with not being able to do plow and bulldoze?

Yes, because it costs them coins to plow.

dorissau Dec 01 2015 08:09 PM

Didn't find any thread about just plain neighbors, so will put my question here... is there any way we can figure out how many neighbors we are ALLOWED? I know it differs depending on your number (of some sort) and I can find in the trophy section that I have 106.. but sometimes I can invite new neighbors and sometimes the request just goes into mysterious cyber space and they cannot connect. There must be a book about figuring out neighbor numbers for dummies!! !!!

Taz D Dec 01 2015 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorissau (Post 6023546)
Didn't find any thread about just plain neighbors, so will put my question here... is there any way we can figure out how many neighbors we are ALLOWED? I know it differs depending on your number (of some sort) and I can find in the trophy section that I have 106.. but sometimes I can invite new neighbors and sometimes the request just goes into mysterious cyber space and they cannot connect. There must be a book about figuring out neighbor numbers for dummies!! !!!

Hi dorissau,
No I am afraid there isn't any way to tell you how many you can have because it is based on the ID numbers. Those can vary from 8 up to 16 digits in length, so you could have anywhere from 80 up to 120 depending on the length of each of those IDs. If you are at 106 I would say you are probably close to your maximum. Those you are trying to invite may be putting you over what you can have.

supertrucker Dec 02 2015 07:06 PM

"(super neighbor) has work on their farm(s)..."

forgive me for the title, but i wish there was a pop-up dialog box that would tell me if/when my super neighbors had work on their farms (better yet, which farms have work on them?). i don't have a lot of them (only 2), but i have enough to do with my own farms that i don't always have time to visit every farm they have, for work that might not be there.

Taz D Dec 02 2015 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supertrucker (Post 6023730)
forgive me for the title, but i wish there was a pop-up dialog box that would tell me if/when my super neighbors had work on their farms (better yet, which farms have work on them?). i don't have a lot of them (only 2), but i have enough to do with my own farms that i don't always have time to visit every farm they have, for work that might not be there.

Hi Supertrucker,
If you wish to make a suggestion please put it in the Suggestions section and not in the Feedback section. You cannot start a new thread there, but you can reply to an existing thread that fits your suggestion.

supertrucker Dec 02 2015 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taz D (Post 6023746)
Hi Supertrucker,
If you wish to make a suggestion please put it in the Suggestions section and not in the Feedback section. You cannot start a new thread there, but you can reply to an existing thread that fits your suggestion.

no problem, i can do that...

Jdnelso Dec 05 2015 10:08 AM

i have been helping one of my SN do a farm,when i go to his farm i can buy and sell trees, flowers, etc.... BUT i am not able to sell off or even send to storage a bunch of extra animals he got and in the store all the animals say LOCKED.... how come i can do everything but animals? did we miss something he needs to allow me?

Taz D Dec 05 2015 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jdnelso (Post 6024682)
i have been helping one of my SN do a farm,when i go to his farm i can buy and sell trees, flowers, etc.... BUT i am not able to sell off or even send to storage a bunch of extra animals he got and in the store all the animals say LOCKED.... how come i can do everything but animals? did we miss something he needs to allow me?

Hi jdnelso,
No you didn't miss something he needs to allow. Animals are not included in the super neighbors functions.