Farm Town

Farm Town (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Feedback (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Closed Feedback Threads (https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447214)

leighwj1960 Sep 06 2015 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Santmyer (Post 5992534)
Can the scrolling ability in the store tab categories be fixed? Use to be you could scroll down one group of 8 at a time, now it skips at least one group. I am trying to find the new release items and this is making it very difficult.

I second this request

Husker Fan Sep 06 2015 08:15 PM

help

i am needing a little help. i have a few friends on here that have large farms. so when i go to help refer clients or work in the facilities it will maybe load 1 or 2 farms which take awhile then it seems to crash on the next farm. then when i reload to come back to try it again it may work a few more times and then crash again. i have used maxthon, firefox, chrome and the new windows 10 internet edge. all do the same thing. can someone please help me to get this working? it is becoming a pain to help my friends who have 22+ farms with facilities on all of them to help out.

thank you for the help and keep up the good work and great game as always

marymarcel Sep 06 2015 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Husker Fan (Post 5996034)
i am needing a little help. i have a few friends on here that have large farms. so when i go to help refer clients or work in the facilities it will maybe load 1 or 2 farms which take awhile then it seems to crash on the next farm. then when i reload to come back to try it again it may work a few more times and then crash again. i have used maxthon, firefox, chrome and the new windows 10 internet edge. all do the same thing. can someone please help me to get this working? it is becoming a pain to help my friends who have 22+ farms with facilities on all of them to help out.

thank you for the help and keep up the good work and great game as always

Hi Husker Fan:)

Dont know if this is going to help you but just try to enter their farms with everything hidden in your preferences, the wrench. That way farms will load faster and easier.:)

Husker Fan Sep 06 2015 08:30 PM

thank you. i will try that and see if it works. if not i guess i will have to back up and punt. :)

Husker Fan Sep 06 2015 08:39 PM

thank you for the help. it worked. so i think i will have to keep it turned off until i go to my farm so that way i can get everything done and wont mess up. thanks again.

marymarcel Sep 07 2015 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Husker Fan (Post 5996046)
thank you for the help. it worked. so i think i will have to keep it turned off until i go to my farm so that way i can get everything done and wont mess up. thanks again.

You are very welcome Husker Fan:)

sheric9 Sep 07 2015 03:19 PM

I hid my facilities with the eye in the toolbar now I can't figure out how to unhide them. what am I missing? lol

Rivervale Sep 07 2015 03:31 PM

I am a super-neighbour to several of my neighbours. I am unable to work the facilities and services on one for sure. I have tried both last night and tonight. Are super-neighbours able to work these???

marymarcel Sep 07 2015 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivervale (Post 5996278)
I am a super-neighbour to several of my neighbours. I am unable to work the facilities and services on one for sure. I have tried both last night and tonight. Are super-neighbours able to work these???

Hi Rivervale:)

What happens when you try to work those facilities?

There are no restrictions for superneighbors to work facilities and services.

Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and try again.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

marymarcel Sep 07 2015 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheric9 (Post 5996254)
I hid my facilities with the eye in the toolbar now I can't figure out how to unhide them. what am I missing? lol

Hi seric9:)

Please refresh the farm where you hid your facilities and they will be there again.:)

Rivervale Sep 07 2015 03:47 PM

Thanks so much for the prompt response, marymarcel.

When I am taken to the person's farm, the first building "opens", and in this case it is the Police Station. I see what she is needing to be worked on, but no option to actually do so. And the little note pad shows at the top right.

marymarcel Sep 07 2015 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivervale (Post 5996294)
Thanks so much for the prompt response, marymarcel.

When I am taken to the person's farm, the first building "opens", and in this case it is the Police Station. I see what she is needing to be worked on, but no option to actually do so. And the little note pad shows at the top right.

Let me understand, you say that instead of having the Refer Clients button you can only see the little notepad?

Are you visiting them, or you go to their farms through the link they posted for working their services?

Rivervale Sep 07 2015 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 5996310)
Let me understand, you say that instead of having the Refer Clients button you can only see the little notepad?

Are you visiting them, or you go to their farms through the link they posted for working their services?

I go through the link posted, and yes, I only see the notepad, not 'Refer Clients".

marymarcel Sep 07 2015 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivervale (Post 5996318)
I go through the link posted, and yes, I only see the notepad, not 'Refer Clients".

Ok, thank you:)

Please try the memcache link I posted for you in my first post, clear your browser cache, close and reopen and try to work them again. Let us know if that helped you:)

Rivervale Sep 07 2015 04:33 PM

I have cleared the memcache, browser cache, (two browsers, actually, just in case), and in each case, cannot get any further. :(

marymarcel Sep 07 2015 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivervale (Post 5996350)
I have cleared the memcache, browser cache, (two browsers, actually, just in case), and in each case, cannot get any further. :(

Sorry for the delay, we were checking a few posibilities but we couldnt reproduce your problem.

Could you please ask your friend to post again their facilities and check if you can work them with the new link? Thank you!

Rivervale Sep 07 2015 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymarcel (Post 5996358)

Sorry for the delay, we were checking a few posibilities but we couldnt reproduce your problem.

Could you please ask your friend to post again their facilities and check if you can work them with the new link? Thank you!

This was the problem: She was moving some of her facilities to other farms. Now that they are where she wants them, she has reposted. I can work them!! :D

My sincere thanks to those of you who took the time and went through the trouble to help me with this!!

marymarcel Sep 07 2015 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rivervale (Post 5996362)
This was the problem: She was moving some of her facilities to other farms. Now that they are where she wants them, she has reposted. I can work them!! :D

My sincere thanks to those of you who took the time and went through the trouble to help me with this!!

Wonderful news!! You are very welcome and thanks for coming back and let us know:)

Annie of Green Gables Sep 11 2015 02:16 AM

I just want to remove all the white boxes in My Neighbour which are defunct as far as I am concerned and so annoying. Why can't Slash develop a Remove Button for My Neighbours, and Delete Button for the Neighbour Bar. This business of going the long way about it e.g. relying on others to remove Apps from their settings seems a waste of time. I wonder why Slash wouldn't consider something like this. It would be a whole lot easier, and a hellava lot quicker.

Taz D Sep 11 2015 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annie of Green Gables (Post 5997562)
I just want to remove all the white boxes in My Neighbour which are defunct as far as I am concerned and so annoying. Why can't Slash develop a Remove Button for My Neighbours, and Delete Button for the Neighbour Bar. This business of going the long way about it e.g. relying on others to remove Apps from their settings seems a waste of time. I wonder why Slash wouldn't consider something like this. It would be a whole lot easier, and a hellava lot quicker.

Hi Annie,
I am sure that it would be easier if there was a remove button, but unfortunately Farm Town can't do what you are asking. That list is generated from your Facebook friends list. There is no way for Farm Town to remove those that are not your neighbors and leave only neighbors in the search. If they did that then you would not see any new friends that you added to make neighbors. So the only way you can remove those are to either unfriend those or to get them to remove the Farm Town app from their list of apps.

BethFB Sep 13 2015 05:27 AM

Can we have trains on other farms or should they be on farms where most of the factories are like the Dairy factory is? I've been wondering about it for a while as I've seen trains at farms that didn't have the Dairy factory on it.

Beth

crafty chris Sep 13 2015 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BethFB (Post 5998054)
Can we have trains on other farms or should they be on farms where most of the factories are like the Dairy factory is? I've been wondering about it for a while as I've seen trains at farms that didn't have the Dairy factory on it.

Beth

hi beth

you may have trains on any farms :) you will find out more in the game guide here is the link for trains http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...18#post5185418

BethFB Sep 13 2015 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JuliaK (Post 5990526)
Hi Beth, I have been in the same position... I took the long way over a couple of weeks, and kept a list of my neighbours who has the light showing for Co Op quests... and made sure that I kept them as neighbours... the other ones I sent a friendly message to ask them if they did the quests? even if you remove them from your neighbours, if they you as a neighbour they still will. I now maintain that around 75% of my neighbours are coop active.

I keep my neighbours around the 80 mark so that when I work a friends work request for their facilities, if they do have a coop quests, I send them a message letting them know I am going to send them a neighbour request... it is all a matter of working out what method works best for you but they are time consuming but I think well worth it in the end...

For me when I look at My Neighbors that's where I see the huge grouping of my friends who play and yet some don't even play the game anymore. I have posted on my wall if you don't play any games please block the following apps so it would remove you from my neighbor lists on those apps and if they do, I am able to figure out whose not playing after couple of weeks and let the person go as a neighbor and sometimes as a friend since I don't speak to them a bunch.

I normally go by the name on that page and the avatar, but sometimes I forget who is who and have to hunt all of them to find the one I seek to remove. Quite tiresome.

Beth

SeaJay Sep 15 2015 07:50 PM

Favorite Decorations

I love the Ireland Stone Age Sculpture. It reminds me of Fred Flinstones house.

SeaJay Sep 16 2015 06:49 PM

I also love the super sheds. So cute.

SeaJay Sep 19 2015 07:14 PM

The turbo boat was the greatest thing they have created so far. I know someone else out there has favorite items. Nice to have a thread for positive feedback.

firegold flames Sep 20 2015 09:19 AM

mine is rocky turtle .

Lady_Catalina Sep 20 2015 09:47 AM

The long crops car is nice; but it doesn't really make a difference. Before unloading, tomatoes were my third lowest crop. After unloading, it was still my third. There weren't even enough in the car to bump the numbers above garlic, which the car does not bring. Garlic, before and after, was my sixth lowest crop.
No it is not worth what I paid for it.

c.abell Sep 21 2015 11:12 AM

Walleye fish

I would like to be able to buy Walleye fish at the Market. Thank you.

Taz D Sep 21 2015 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c.abell (Post 6000330)
I would like to be able to buy Walleye fish at the Market. Thank you.

Hi c.abell,
Walleye and Pike, both fish from the Frozen Lake are in the lists under Fish for sale.

azeala rose Sep 26 2015 10:57 AM

flowers in the store

I am unable to open any tabs in my store except for my produce. I want to buy some flowers. thanks

Taz D Sep 26 2015 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azeala rose (Post 6001430)
I am unable to open any tabs in my store except for my produce. I want to buy some flowers. thanks

Hi Azeala Rose,
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Phoebe Marley Sep 26 2015 02:20 PM

How many neighbors are you allowed to have? I have only 80, and they are telling me to get rid of some..Help!!

Tiger Sep 26 2015 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoebe Marley (Post 6001498)
How many neighbors are you allowed to have? I have only 80, and they are telling me to get rid of some..Help!!

Hi Phoebe Marley,

The neighbours limit is based on how many digits the database can hold, it varies because not every ones ID is the same length. ID's are normally 8 to 15. characters in length. So depending on how long your neighbours ID numbers are you could get a minimum of 80 or more.

If the neighbours tab is telling you that you need to remove neighbours to make room for more, then you have reached your limit. I had a quick look at your data and you have 98 neighbours.

You can see how many neighbours you currently have by clicking on the trophy icon in your tool box.

Phoebe Marley Sep 26 2015 03:13 PM

TigerLaybourne

Thank you for responding to my inquiry.

I guess this doesn't apply to everyone playing farmtown, I have friends in this game that have over 200 neighbors, then there are ones like me, that get rejected requests for asking someone to be a neighbor. You can't win!

Tiger Sep 26 2015 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoebe Marley (Post 6001534)
Thank you for responding to my inquiry.

I guess this doesn't apply to everyone playing farmtown, I have friends in this game that have over 200 neighbors, then there are ones like me, that get rejected requests for asking someone to be a neighbor. You can't win!

Hi Phoebe Marley,

I seriously doubt the 200 hundred neighbours, the data just wouldn't fit. The most I've heard of is 120. They probably have that many friends who play the game, you can have as many friend as you like that play, and still work their facilites as you don't need to be neighbours for that.

imcgowan Sep 26 2015 03:34 PM

Show Workable Farms in the Market

You've offered this great new feature with today's New Release:

When you are hiring others and you are selecting the target farms, there will be a new blue button 'Show Work Info' on that screen. This will highlight all the farms with work available based on the type of work you selected previously. Each farm button will convey 3 bits of information, for example if farm 1 button shows '7500 in 30x30' it means that there are 7500 workable items on that farm, which size is 30x30.

I was wondering if the makers of the game can have it eventually added to when we hire our neighbors? I think it would be very helpful for when Super Neighbors and regular neighbors come to work on farms.

I posted this here because when I tried to post a new thread in the Suggestions Topic I was not allowed. Maybe you can explain why I can do that? A message box came up that said I wasn't authorized to post in ''Suggestions'' You're feedback about both of these would be helpful.

marymarcel Sep 26 2015 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imcgowan (Post 6001542)
You've offered this great new feature with today's New Release:

When you are hiring others and you are selecting the target farms, there will be a new blue button 'Show Work Info' on that screen. This will highlight all the farms with work available based on the type of work you selected previously. Each farm button will convey 3 bits of information, for example if farm 1 button shows '7500 in 30x30' it means that there are 7500 workable items on that farm, which size is 30x30.

I was wondering if the makers of the game can have it eventually added to when we hire our neighbors? I think it would be very helpful for when Super Neighbors and regular neighbors come to work on farms.

I posted this here because when I tried to post a new thread in the Suggestions Topic I was not allowed. Maybe you can explain why I can do that? A message box came up that said I wasn't authorized to post in ''Suggestions'' You're feedback about both of these would be helpful.

Hi imcgowan:)

Nobody is able to open a new thread in Suggestion Section. This has been set that way to keep an order in that section and let the Developers check it easily.

But you can post as a response to a thread that fits with your idea. If you cant find a thread, then you can post in My idea doesnt have a thread.:)

imcgowan Sep 27 2015 02:42 AM

Alert I think someone hacked my new thread!!

:eek:
Please see my new thread in General Feedback. Page 1 titled ''Show Workable
Farms in the Market''.

crafty chris Sep 27 2015 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imcgowan (Post 6001802)
:eek:
Please see my new thread in General Feedback. Page 1 titled ''Show Workable
Farms in the Market''.

Hi imcgowan

We apologise that was in your thread, it wasnt hacked, they are what we call spammers. The post has now gone, and you can in future report them by using the report button on the top right of their post, the button looks like a triangle with an exclamation mark (!) in it

Again our apologies :)